What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Linked to Roosters

Monk

Referee
Telecrap Source

THE Greg Bird saga is nowhere near over, with the troubled Sharks star surfacing to admit he won't return from the US until next month.
The Sunday Telegraph learned the 24-year-old was en route to Los Angeles yesterday as Bird's team-mates revealed he had explored the prospect of linking with the Roosters.
Bird's back-up plan is the first sign in almost three months that he is resigned to walking away from the Sharks.
"It's a talking point for sure among the boys. He's told a few of us he's had more than just standard interest from the Roosters,'' one senior Cronulla player said.
"He's adamant about it, that he can get a big offer from them.''
Another team-mate added: "Of course, his first priority is to stay at the Sharks, but he reckons he's got no worries he'll get a club.''
Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan played down the prospect of Bird moving to Bondi, without fully closing the door.
"Maybe with a clean bill of health, but at the moment there's no chance,'' Sullivan said.
"He can't even play with anybody at the moment. Hopefully two years down the track we've developed our own superstar.''
Bird left for New York last Saturday and is believed to be on his way to Los Angeles.
"He said he was enjoying a holiday ... catching up with a few of his league mates who are also over there,'' one Cronulla player said.
"He said he'd be back early November.''
It's unclear if Bird has come into contact with girlfriend Katie Milligan, which could be a breach of the Apprehended Violence Order against him.
Bird is facing a possible de-registration from the NRL following a string of off-field incidents, culminating in the alleged glassing of his girlfriend, Katie Milligan.
He is due to re-appear in court on November 20, with NRL chief executive David Gallop claiming any decision would not be determined until after the hearing.
"We're monitoring the situation closely,'' Gallop said.
Another option in relation to Bird has emerged with English Super League club Hull, where former Cronulla team-mate Adam Dykes has been released after just 12 appearances.
However, Bird bears no interest in playing overseas.
Man of the match in his Test debut for Australia in October last year, Bird fears any time spent overseas and out of the spotlight will cost him future representative honours.
"Over the past couple of years I've become a NSW and Australian rep so this is where I see my future,'' Bird told The Sunday Telegraph three weeks ago.
"I've got no aspirations to be going anywhere to be honest. I've got to wait and see how everything goes, but I want to stay in the NRL.''

Geohood

Bench
We've leached a landmark guys!

4200520 million thousand hundred million trillion zillion pillion schwatchillionth player to be linked to the Roosters!!!

Chook Norris

First Grade
ah... anotehr grub linked to the club...

he's better than Braith... so i wouldn't knock him back straight away

Monk

Referee
SOURCE - Roosters Stie:

GREG BIRD WILL NOT BE A ROOSTER

The Sydney Roosters strongly deny the recent media speculation that Cronulla’s Greg Bird has been approached by the Sydney Roosters to play at the club next season.
The speculation is unfounded and the club confirms it has not been in negotiation with Greg Bird nor his management and he will not be made an offer.
The Roosters have quality players and some exciting young talent coming through in the five-eight and lock positions and Greg Bird is not part of the club’s plans.

cb4

First Grade
hmmmm
i didnt want to at the start
but now im changing my mind
but i would hate him to end up wif the rorters

I just want Toops back...

LOL ... toops is nothing ... hasn't pulled his finger out since 2004 and isn't a leader who will step up when the going gets tough ... he was MIA in 3/4 of the matches this year which is why he was on the bench most of the time ... the sharks have yet another overpaid, overrated hack to deal with ...

we're better off with sa, aubusson and cherrington

adamkungl

Immortal
LOL ... toops is nothing ... hasn't pulled his finger out since 2004 and isn't a leader who will step up when the going gets tough ... he was MIA in 3/4 of the matches this year which is why he was on the bench most of the time ... the sharks have yet another overpaid, overrated hack to deal with ...

we're better off with sa, aubusson and cherrington

Maybe Toops will learn the brilliant talent of getting knocked out every second game, like their other 400k hack Ross