What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Panther - Best superhero film of all time.

shiznit

Coach
Critical reviews were censored at one point on RT.

There’s a story behind that... and it has to do with crazies from a bunch of white supremacist as well as DC fanboy Facebook groups who wanted to purposely bring down the rating of the film for reasons other than the actual film itself.

As far as i understand... no legitimate reviews were censored.

Even then... You can get an indication about how a film is by the reviews they get from top critics. Which is what I usually go on.

There’s a story behind that... and it has to do with crazies from a bunch of white supremacist as well as DC fanboy Facebook groups who wanted to purposely bring down the rating of the film for reasons other than the actual film itself.

As far as i understand... no legitimate reviews were censored.

Even then... You can get an indication about how a film is by the reviews they get from top critics. Which is what I usually go on.

So no reviews should be permitted if they’re politically influenced? Your contention then, is that no positive reviews were politically influenced?

shiznit

Coach
So no reviews should be permitted if they’re politically influenced? Your contention then, is that no positive reviews were politically influenced?
Thats up for rotten tomatoes to decide.

But if I was running it... I wouldn’t be counting reviews from any new reviewers that appeared out of nowhere with negative reviews and disappeared afterwards... and I assume the same happened with positive reviews that came out of nowhere...

And why does even matter?? Anyone with half a brain will have a bunch of trusted critics that they use when judging a film...

And as far as those top critics that I look at... they all had overwhelmingly positive reviews for it.

But who knows... maybe the guys at IGN are secretly shills for Hillary Clinton and the Dems... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Movies like Spawn, Blade etc were out well over a decade ago.
Over 2 decades ago... you’re older than you think :joy:

I’m on the side who felt Infinity War was a better movie and if an MCU movie were to be nominated for a best pic Oscar, that deserved it much more.

shiznit

Coach
Over 2 decades ago... you’re older than you think :joy:

I’m on the side who felt Infinity War was a better movie and if an MCU movie were to be nominated for a best pic Oscar, that deserved it much more.
I think there wasn’t much between BP and IW... but I went with BP personally...

weirdly enough though... I actually agree with Bileduct on Logan...

I think Logan is right up there with those 2...

Infact thinking back... in a lot of ways I thought Logan was better than those 2.

All of them were f**king better than Bohemian Rhapsody which got a f**king nomination...

But it is what it is...

bileduct

Coach
I didn’t hate it (unlike the previous two Wolverine spin-offs), but I finally got around to watching it last week, & I must say, the hype was not even close to justified for mine. I was flatly bored throughout most of it.
I was being deliberately facetious for my good friend shiz.

Logan would be right up there in my top three comic book films of all time.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ragnarok deserves a mention.

That movie didn't have any grand themes; it was just a f**kload of fun and revitalised the Thor series from the dull second installment.

I've got The Crow and the 1989 Batman movie rounding out my top 3.

Have you seen Dark City? It’s the movie Alex Proyas made directly after The Crow. Not a comic book movie, but with a visual feel somewhat similar to one (people sometimes mistakenly take it for being based on a comic or novel).

My favourite film of all-time. The Crow is awesome, too. Give me that (& 1989’s Batman) over the current MCU & DCU stuff any day.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Oh and if you want to look for overrated comic book movies then look no further than the recent Spiderman: Homecoming movie.

Whilst Tom Holland is easily the best Spiderman so far; the movie was boring as f**k and the most PC of all the Marvel movies.

Oh and if you want to look for overrated comic book movies then look no further than the recent Spiderman: Homecoming movie.

Whilst Tom Holland is easily the best Spiderman so far; the movie was boring as f**k and the most PC of all the Marvel movies.

Yeah, I’ll pass. Cheers.

Last Week

Bench
Ragnarok deserves a mention.

That movie didn't have any grand themes; it was just a f**kload of fun and revitalised the Thor series from the dull second installment.

Funny thing, I hated Ragnarok when I first saw it. It really annoyed me. But now, it's easily one of my top 5 marvel movies.