What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I still get tingles when I see the try in the 'never mentioned' Grand Final.

And the Tigers game he snatced at the end of the game.

*sigh* He made watching Saints seem like it was a movie he wrote the script to sometimes.

pmarrow

Juniors
Willow said:
btw pmarrow. thanks for the updates.
Positive or negative, its great to get the news and keep in touch with how Tingha is travelling. :thumn

No problemo.

Well it turned out to be a super Easter weekend for Tings, scoring 4 tries in two games and having a handful in another. Since the sacking of John Kear we've started to use our right hand side more and players like Domic and Blacklock have both been combining well over the last two games. It was a problem we knew that needed to be sorted and it seems after a bit of work in training that we now have a force to be scared of in our team.

Looks as if Blacklock has been working on his defence too, seems to be a lot more confident at kick returns.

The main thing is though he seemed to be enjoying his Rugby again, yesterday he finished off a great team move after squeezing in the corner (great try, shall try and get a vid of it) and during the celebration I noticed one very happy Blacklock.

pmarrow

Juniors
[Broken Record Mode] Another two this week from Mr Blacklock. [\Broken Record Mode]

Thats 9 tries in 8 games, 8 tries in the last 4 games.

The Preacher

First Grade
There's not too much bleating about "bad attitude" etc. now. 9 meat pies from 8 games, 8 from the last 4, "I'd like to see that". AT OKI/WIN !!!

bornadragon

Juniors
Willow said:
Simmonds is doing a top job - reflections of 2004.
He does things that bigger and dopier wingers (not mentioning any names Covelliers) can't do. IMO, he's a smart footballer.

What he lacks in size he more than makes up for in enthusiasm and experience.

Simmonds is a fine example of a good St. George footballer. Can read the play and has saved our collective bacons many a time. Pitty more of our first graders arn't like him (Heart, effort) we'd be further up the table.

W.Smith

Juniors
Wish we still had Ting that was a big loss brought on by the salary cap brought on by the unforgivable sin (tongue in cheek) of actually developing and blooding our juniors .

Its the part of the salary cap that sucks hard, no reward for clubs that spend the money to bring thier own kids through

MC

Juniors
Tingha gave us great service and i was his number one fan

But sersiouly, his time was up and i doubt he'd make it in the team in front of Best and Wes...remeber the memories...

It would be like bringing Choc back..we've seen the best out of them...

pmarrow what type of press/reception is the Barrett-move generating.

pmarrow

Juniors
The Barrett move hasn't really generated much press or hype. TBH most people expected it and the main drama is about whether or not he will be joining a team in the top division or lower division.

Back to Tings and after scoring 8 tries in 4 games he went his first game without scoring a point. Although he was everywhere in defence and at one point he intercepted a ball which saved a certain try.

However Tings would find his way on the scoresheet on Friday night against Leeds away as we thumped them 44 - 28 on there own patch. Tings scored a beauty which can be found on the www.bbc.co.uk (search for the super league show and its somewhere on the highlights) and I also captured the moment with my phone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5u9Mgbdb5o. You can just about see him running towards the line at one point.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good work pmarrow :thumn
This is more like it...
pmarrow said:
Although he was everywhere in defence and at one point he intercepted a ball which saved a certain try.
You'll be wasting your breath if you tell the Blacklock knockers that.

Godz Illa

Coach
pmarrow, I love these updates. The great Ting, what a phenomenon.

Unfortunately the clips on the BBC website are for UK viewers only, and your phone is not the greatest piece of photographic equipment known to man. Any chance you can hook us up some more clips, I need an injection of Tingha magic right now.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think the technology of the phone video is great. Not long before people will be sending vision online live from the game, or wherever they are.

pmarrow

Juniors
Plus it was hard to stand still with the camara as the match was a sell out so it was a bit cramped and when anyone scored for Hull the place was like a party.

If anyone can point me to a bit of software were I can turn DVD files into Mpeg files then I could be able to get you some action of Tings.

This Year?

Immortal
I remember that Blacklock try against the Tigers. I was watching it on fox with my mate (who happened to be a Tigers supporter) and he thought his team had won before that happened. I remember another game against the scum where Blacklock scored on full time, but I think that game was a draw. He always seemed to get a try out of nowhere and he definitely was a crowd pleaser. Ahhhhh memories

Hutty1986

Immortal
This Year? said:
I remember that Blacklock try against the Tigers. I was watching it on fox with my mate (who happened to be a Tigers supporter) and he thought his team had won before that happened. I remember another game against the scum where Blacklock scored on full time, but I think that game was a draw. He always seemed to get a try out of nowhere and he definitely was a crowd pleaser. Ahhhhh memories

Blacklocks my favourite Dragon of all time

The pace, the support play, the backflips

Meeeeeemoooooorieeeeessss

We waited several years for a winger as good as Ricky Walford to join the Saints. Now we wait for a winger as good as Nathan Blacklock to claim the glory. It sure as hell ain't Besty...