What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lawrence Raleigh said:
We waited several years for a winger as good as Ricky Walford to join the Saints. Now we wait for a winger as good as Nathan Blacklock to claim the glory. It sure as hell ain't Besty...

Hahaha, its an insult to Tingha to even have Best mentioned in the same breath as him

Godz Illa

Coach
Sing to Hull, Ting to Saints? I'd take him...

1. Hornby
2. Blacklock
3. Naiqama
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Gasnier
7. Head

Back-to-back premierships right there...

Ribs

Bench
I wouldnt leave Millard out...... most impressive. Id have him in over Wes.

Collateral

Coach
I'd love to see Tingha goto Souths. Would be a big boost for Souths and I think he would get a lot of enjoyment playing alongside David Peachey.

Would also be a good incentive for other younger players to sign up there knowing that they can serve an apprenticeship under players like Tingha, Mad Dog and Peach.

Hopefully the MacDougall brothers stay there as they are amongst their best players.

1. Peachey
2. Blacklock
3. A. MacDougall
4. Gordon
5. L. MacDougall

6. Sutton
7. Williams

Things could start looking up for Souths if they get a line like that.

The Preacher

First Grade
Ribs said:
Oh and Reece, cant forget Reece.

I don't know what's happened to Regal Reece-King of the Wing, he was out a couple of weeks ago with back spasms, didn't take the paddock last week and is not mentioned this week either.
I hope to see him back soon, but I realise that he will find it hard to make the firsts, even though I'd take a 1/2 fit Reece over bloody Best anytime.
As Willow has posted before, Reece is a Dragons man who gives 100% every time he takes the paddock.
Maybe when he pulls the pin we can employ him as trainer and get rid of "Mary" and his jinxed water bottle. :)

The Preacher

First Grade
Does anyone have any idea when he will be returning, and whether it is his back that has kept him out of the team listings ??
A mighty player with a heart as big as a pumpkin.
Regal Reece-King of The Wing

Steel Dragon

Bench
Souths would soon become Dad's Army

I think for real change the rabbits need good reliable halves combo that play together week after week - not 6 or 7 different guys in a different combination every round of the season.

How is Ting playing ATM?

pmarrow

Juniors
Still finding his way on the scoresheet every week, he'll do for me. :D

AFAIK , Blacklock is retiring at the end of the season and is going home to run the family business.

The Preacher

First Grade
pmarrow said:
Still finding his way on the scoresheet every week, he'll do for me. :D

AFAIK , Blacklock is retiring at the end of the season and is going home to run the family business.

If he want's to make the Dragons his business, I'm sure there will be a wing position available. It would be great to have him back. :)

pmarrow

Juniors
Good old faishioned Tingha style interception on Friday from Mr Blacklock.

His record for Hull is now 35 tries in 41 appearances.

pmarrow said:
Good old faishioned Tingha style interception on Friday from Mr Blacklock.

His record for Hull is now 35 tries in 41 appearances.

Without doubt the best finisher in the game in the last 10 years. I'm glad a great club like Hull got to enjoy him.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
they may be killing it over there but we are also playing a lot better since best has come.
he has a better combination with gasnier then what blacklock did and
he has a lot more speed and can cut down the other team so much easier

The Preacher

First Grade
Dragons_Head said:
they may be killing it over there but we are also playing a lot better since best has come.
he has a better combination with gasnier then what blacklock did and
he has a lot more speed and can cut down the other team so much easier

IMO, Best has a heart the size of a split carroway seed. He can't tackle his lunch and his positional play in defence leaves the sideline open all the time.:oops:

Wicks

Juniors
The Preacher said:
his positional play in defence leaves the sideline open all the time.:oops:

Didn't know he had to tackle the sideline:crazy:

Tough gig defending outside the adventures of Barrett and Gasnier Better that tries are scored out wide rather than closer in because Best stays on only one player and doesn't play team defence

Bests positioning has been beyond the understanding of the crowd Will next years right wing maybe Naiqama or Morris get the same attention?