What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock?

tiger78

Juniors
Wont be with the Dragons next year, would you guys like him? are we any chance of signing him?

steven_tiger

Juniors
ummm... depends.

i would much rather donald.

however, this is provided moodie and miles leave... otherwise they will do just fine. :D

magpiemax

Juniors
Not so silent Bob said:
I don't think we could sign Blacklock. I don't know whether we have the money or not.

But I think Donald is a possibility.
I just can't seem to get out of my head the time he chipped and chased over Joel Caine's head and won them the match at LO.

magpiemax

Juniors
steven_tiger said:
ummm... depends.

i would much rather donald.

however, this is provided moodie and miles leave... otherwise they will do just fine. :D
Funny you should mention Donald.
Tim Sheen's is'nt quite sure of him as he think's his a little on the short side.But then the next minute he pop's his name up every now and then to other people at the club of what they think of him. :roll:
No have not heard Blacklock's name mentioned.

steven_tiger

Juniors
id be telling him to have a look. can score tries and make something out of nothing.

if moodie decides to give it up... get donald.

ozcrusader

Bench
FMD.

Scott Donald - dumped from N Qld, dumped from Manly, average first grader.

Nathan Blacklock - young winger, natural athlete, leading tryscorer for two seasons in a row, pace, agility, has played origin and can always create something.

Nah, he's not good enough for us - we have Robert "I was dumped from cellar dwellers Manly" Miles and Jason "get me on the first fire engine " Moodie.

WTF is wrong with people here?
A player of Blacklock's calibre comes on the market and we should approach Scott Donald?

FMD.

steven_tiger

Juniors
yeah.. thats exactly what we need... blacklock :roll: been out injured most of the year :roll: cant tackle :roll: misreads defense VERY badly :roll:

id have donald any day.

ozcrusader

Bench
Yes that's exactly what we need - a tryscorer and creative winger who has played rep football.

How many rep games has Donald played? 0.
How many times has Donald been top tryscorer? 0
How many times has Donald been pursued by other codes? 0

If Donald is so good, why has he been dumped by cellar dwellers N Qld and Manly?

These are facts - what do you have apart from your useless unfounded opinion?

Gee, it must be hard to be so stupid all the time.

Famous1

Juniors
goangod, scott donald has never played for North Queensland, he is from parramatta, then manly now wherever :lol:

steven_tiger

Juniors
donald has scored a stack of tries, plus is younger than blacklock. (donald is 24, blacklock is 28).

donald 67 career games, 47 trys
blacklock:140 career games, 118 trys

each are proven try scorers.

however, one big point is that donald has been playing in struggling teams, while blacklock has always been in a top 8 team.

donald can also save trys.

just my opinion mate... and you have yours.

steven_tiger

Juniors
Famous1 said:
goangod, scott donald has never played for North Queensland, he is from parramatta, then manly now wherever :lol:

north qld 1998-2000 mate one of your best :roll: :lol:

Famous1

Juniors
steven_tiger said:
Famous1 said:

north qld 1998-2000 mate one of your best :roll: :lol:
so your saying he made his debut as a 18 year old? cause he only recently turned 24,

tiger78

Juniors
Look I think the point is either Donald or Blacklock would be positive buys for us. Donald is a little short, but has pace and youth on his side. Blacklock would be a good crowd puller and is an exciting player, frankly I wouldn't mind getting both.

steven_tiger

Juniors
donald is 181cm, blacklock 188cm.

miles is 185cm, covell was only 181cm... i never heard anyone say he is too short.

magpiemax

Juniors
goangod said:
How many rep games has Donald played? 0.
How many times has Donald been top tryscorer? 0
How many times has Donald been pursued by other codes? 0

Gee, it must be hard to be so stupid all the time.
Do you think that maybe perhap's Blacklock in the past has had team mate's like Gasnier,Barrett,Cooper,Mundine,Head etc...etc...Inside of him giving him ample opportunity's to score tries as opposed to the sh!t Donald has had with NQ and Manly on the inside of him. :oops:

Disco Tiger

Juniors
Donald is fragile. Not what we need at the tigers. Have a look at the Manly v Tigers game at Brookvale 2003. He was dead set scared of Terry Hill!

ozcrusader

Bench
I'll say this again because people aren't listening.

Blacklock was the leading NRL tryscorer for two years running and has played rep football.

Donald has done nothing.

The fact is that Blacklock has talent. He is one of those players that can turn a match single handedly. You can't train someone to be like that - you either have it or you don't - we desperately need players like that in our team.

Sure Donald would be handy - but he is nowhere even near the class of Blacklock - and it sh*ts me no end when our club (who doesn't even have an effing recruitment person) goes all out for players like Robert Miles.
[/i]

Latest posts