What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blair Gone (Official)

praise the lord!
South-Park-Eric-Cartman.jpg

Im pretty sure Blair will be thinking the exact same thing

definitely, and the gap between us and the second worst is immense

As evidenced by my statement that Lawrence would possibly be our best backrower

:sarcasm:.....There may be light at the end of the tunnel,WT for the spoon,get on now before the odds drop ,the only real worry to this theory is Saints....:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
He'll probably end up another Teo and kill it with Bennett

Hard to forget those games where he went MIA doing SFA

Bench
If we were to sign another prop (as suggested Kasiano for example) our prop rotation would be Woods, Galloway, Ava and ????. If Sue were to play lock what do people think about Taupau playing in the second row.

I know he has shown he is a better than average prop but his running/speed is quite devastating so him running wide off Brooks/Moses could be a great attacking option. He defends OK so I think he could adapt to the back row. I know we are robbing Peter to pay Paul but he has size and we have been fairly soft in our wide running forwards lately.

Just a thought but I'd be interested in what others think....

I just edited this, maybe Lodge will do instead of buying Kasiano.

We also have Lodge,who is better than Galloway,up front we are ok,it is secondrow where we need some help.

super_coach

First Grade
Before we lost Austen,Thomson and Blair we had a mid table at very best roster, now we have a bottom two roster.

We have some very good players mixed with a lot plodders, going to be a much longer year than last. Mick Potter was very lucky to be punted when he was

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I find this a bit disconcerting. The one main weakness JT talked about in a radio interview a couple of weeks ago was our lack of depth in the backrow. Next thing, Bodene and Blair are gone, and JT has stated we will not be making ANY major signings for 2015.

Blair had to go as he was on way too much coin for what he delivered (pretty much f**k all prior to 2014) but we could have used a bit more experience for 2015 I reckon.

Things just don't look that promising for next year until we can bring in some new talent in the backrow.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
We also have Lodge,who is better than Galloway,up front we are ok,it is secondrow where we need some help.

851, I think Lodge is our future too, what do you think of the idea of using Taupau in the second row this year? Is it viable? I don't see it as weakening one position to prop up another as I see our front row as our strength (with ample depth). Everywhere else we are pretty skinny though.....

macnaz

Staff member
I really think we need an experienced name in the side , doesn't have to be brilliant just someone with experience. . Willie Mason again comes to mind . We just have to have someone there for the young guys apart from those with our tarnished loser mentality.

macnaz

Staff member
I really think we need an experienced name in the side , doesn't have to be brilliant just someone with experience. . Willie Mason again comes to mind .(missed him 2 times ) We just have to have someone there for the young guys apart from those with our tarnished loser mentality.

Edit..Oops stuff up sorry :(

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Seriously , who do they look up to ?? f**king sooks and plodders , hardly the new mentality we are chasing .

Das Hassler

Bench
Letting Blair go was a mistake...WTF is how he went prior to 2014 got to do with what he deliveres now ..no doubt Bennet is deluded..yeah right

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
851, I think Lodge is our future too, what do you think of the idea of using Taupau in the second row this year? Is it viable? I don't see it as weakening one position to prop up another as I see our front row as our strength (with ample depth). Everywhere else we are pretty skinny though.....

not sure he can do the minutes

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Letting Blair go was a mistake...WTF is how he went prior to 2014 got to do with what he deliveres now ..no doubt Bennet is deluded..yeah right

yeah, as if Bennett would ever buy dud players and have seasons where his side didn't make the finals...

Das Hassler

Bench
Yeah right..lets weigh his signing up at season's end...and with all that was going on at Newcastle the last couple of seasons who would you say would have gotten them into the finals?

Bench

He would probably do ok,but I think we need to buy a backrower.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah right..lets weigh his signing up at season's end
you've already said it was a mistake
.....and with all that was going on at Newcastle the last couple of seasons who would you say would have gotten them into the finals?
they made the finals in 2013 remember
If they didn't make the finals this year, how is Bennett not in any way even partly responsible for that?

All the purchases he made at the club only got him to the finals once in 3 seasons.

To me that says that he doesn't always make perfectly brilliant purchases every single time.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well the injury report says sironen still has 4 months of rehab on his off season surgery. So he won't be there for round 1 I'd say

Bench
Well the injury report says sironen still has 4 months of rehab on his off season surgery. So he won't be there for round 1 I'd say

He looked fine training and punching in the weststigers video the other day.