What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Gone

Matchball

Bench
Don't worry guys. Moltzen is our utility. Lol.
Someone has to be sabotaging the club with these decisions.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'd love him at Canberra but let's face it it's not done until he is formally released.

Are you guys under salary cap pressure or something. You really should tell him to harden up and see out his contract imo.

b.bear

Juniors
Agreed but I wonder if we are overpaying Farah & Woods and this has caused this to occur.

Koro to me had to be kept. Speed out wide which is exactly what we are lacking. Austin is in the same boat - he looks like a great player.

The team seems to be a bit cliquey(if that's a word), maybe he just not in on the joke..

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't understand what everyone is upset about. Austin is a great player and has put in 100% in whatever position he been asked to play. He deserves to be a starting 6. With Moses the heir apparent that was never going to happen at the Tigers. It will happen at the Raiders. This decision is the best for all involved. I wish Blake all the best and thank him for being a bright spark during some dark times this season. Hopefully other players will take on some of his level of commitment and professionalism.

Timbo

Staff member
I cannot believe you'd release him.

He makes our side infinitely better next year, we be our best signing in half a decade.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I am hoping and praying on this one.

magpie guy

Juniors
We need him for just one more year. We are royally f**ked if Moses or Brooks gets injured

Pretty much. Austin was one of our consistent performers this year. Always had a dig and looked to create something. As far as carrying a utility back on the bench, Austin would have been one to have. If he is being offered a full time gig in the 6 at Canberra though, I can understand him wanting to go and wish him the best. He certainly deserved the 6 at the Tigers ahead of Anasta all season.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Why would we give another team a leg up??????No wonder we end up near the bottom most years.

Exactly, I could never work this out either, we seem to do it all the time.

Good sides don't trade their best players unless there is a benefit in it for them or another team offers way over the market price for a player. It seems the lunatics are still running the assylum....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not a better 6 than Moses.

If he wants a permanent gig at 6 then we should let him go.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because his 1-on-1 defence is crap.

He doesn't run lines well, he's a ball player like Moltzen.

Matchball

Bench
Blake would get destroyed in the centres.
With all our injuries you'd think common sense will prevail and keep him as he was intended.
A fill in half, hooker or fullback. Moltzen is the one that should be top of the release list.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
the club must be close to getting an exemption from the NRL via the loyalty thingy.

might explain why we've stupidly hung onto him.

i'd rather Hitchcox replace Moltzen & Austin. He's a team player & has the talent.

Bench
Austin looked best at fullback,maybe they are after a centre and releasing Austin will allow this to happen,we don't know the whole story,we now have people with nous on the board,lets see what they can do before sinking the boot in.

super_coach

First Grade
Austin looked best at fullback,maybe they are after a centre and releasing Austin will allow this to happen,we don't know the whole story,we now have people with nous on the board,lets see what they can do before sinking the boot in.

The board maybe a breath of fresh air, but they can only act on the info they get and at present where is that info coming from??? Also I doubt they would have any input into the Blake Austen thing, Mayer and Potter would be the people making the call

Packy

Bench
Blake would get destroyed in the centres.
With all our injuries you'd think common sense will prevail and keep him as he was intended.
A fill in half, hooker or fullback. Moltzen is the one that should be top of the release list.

Polar opposites in attitude. Blake has a go at everything. Timmy is a f**king pea heart.

I don't think anyone is interested in Timmy.

Latest posts