What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Gone

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Before everyone blows up, the reports are that Austin asked to be guaranteed the 6 jumper or he would ask for a release.

So this is not the clubs doing. No player should be promised any position.

Delboy

First Grade
As an outsider he seems a handy player, but this is something like his 4th club in a couple of years

Hope it works out for him, not sure I want it to work out for Sticky :)

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
He was a player that was brought on for two reasons:

1. Cover 6 until Moses is ready
2. Depth

Obviously Moses is ready. As to depth, we have bigger problems.

Honestly if we were firing all year he wouldnt have stood out. Good luck to the guy and I hope he kicks on. But I have a funny feeling that young Austin will continue to be a journey man.

My personal opinion, he would have made a good centre, but he has his heart on 6.

Wont happen here.

Tiger05

First Grade
Great player and I think he will be a big loss. I would play Moses ahead of him at 6 though.

Still he makes our top team every week.

Before everyone blows up, the reports are that Austin asked to be guaranteed the 6 jumper or he would ask for a release.

So this is not the clubs doing. No player should be promised any position.

Just because he asks for a release doesn't mean we have to give it to him. What happens if Moses tanks hard or picks up a really bad injury next season?

macnaz

Staff member
Just because he asks for a release doesn't mean we have to give it to him. What happens if Moses tanks hard or picks up a really bad injury next season?

Exactly. . This club is f**ked.. what next ? Oooh I dont wanna play state cup let me go !!! Same old shit , players dictating terms .
Soft c**ks.

Tiger05

First Grade
Surprised some of you aren't blaming Potter for this.

You'd hope this isn't his fault. If it is I'd punt him quick.

As for everyone else's points regarding forcing him to stay the only question is how much Canberra is offering him. If they are paying a lot over I think we should let him go for his sake.

He is a really good player though.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Arguably our best player for the season, who put in and had a dig when others around him gave up, is released a year early on his contract, before our new coach, still to be announced, has had a chance to consider his playing squad for the upcoming season.

What the f**k? Irresponsible madness- this club is too nice to be in the cut throat, professional NRL business.

macnaz

Staff member
Arguably our best player for the season, who put in and had a dig when others around him gave up, is released a year early on his contract, before our new coach, still to be announced, has had a chance to consider his playing squad for the upcoming season.

What the f**k? Irresponsible madness- this club is too nice to be in the cut throat, professional NRL business.

Yep... our new board is on the ball... a f**king disgrace. ... im really pissed about this on top of releasing Kori as well..

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Yep... our new board is on the ball... a f**king disgrace. ... im really pissed about this on top of releasing Kori as well..

I just cannot see the logic in the release. Austin has great utility, keen and would have given Moses a run for his money for the 6. For my 2 cents I'd have held Moses back another year but give him increased exposure with the odd game etc. That means the 6 slot would have been Austin's in my view.

In addition, I still consider Tedesco to be injury prone and with the youth of the probable1/2. 5/8 and fullback players there will almost certainly be the need to ocver these positions due to injury somewhere due to insuffucuently developed physique, bone or muscular, structure.

Oh well, good luck to you Blake. Hope things work out for you.

WT- what a mess.

Tiger05

First Grade

Agreed but I wonder if we are overpaying Farah & Woods and this has caused this to occur.

Koro to me had to be kept. Speed out wide which is exactly what we are lacking. Austin is in the same boat - he looks like a great player.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep... logic at this club doesnt exist ... fmd I cant believe a new board could be so irresponsible so f**king quickly. . Oh well same old.