What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green should now be a priority

Avenger

Immortal
Assuming we do not sign someone like Matthew Head and with Tim Smith having the season from hell I believe we should move now and secure Blake Green to a new contract. I know we have offered him a contract but if he wants more money, give it to him. He would not want more then $80,000 tops.

I truly believe Tim Smith may become another Jason Martin, ie rookie of the year one year and nothing the next.

PS

Blake is a halfback playing 5/8th.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
halfback is a huge problem for us atm, given Timmy's problems

I think Green is worth more than $80K

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Assuming we do not sign someone like Matthew Head and with Tim Smith having the season from hell I believe we should move now and secure Blake Green to a new contract. I know we have offered him a contract but if he wants more money, give it to him. He would not want more then $80,000 tops.

I truly believe Tim Smith may become another Jason Martin, ie rookie of the year one year and nothing the next.

PS

Blake is a halfback playing 5/8th.

I couldn't agree with you more, it would be a savage blow if we lose Blake..

greena

Juniors
Smith and Green are similar style of player and both are half backs. If Green does stay I hope there is no thought of playing him at 5/8 outside Smith - they do not compliment ewach other and are too slow.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I think Green is now a huge priority, with the concerns around Tim and the possibility of losing Morris we could be left with no halves with any first grade experience.

To me Head and Green combined are a priority.

The Colonel

Immortal
We won't get anywhere near Head. Dragons have let go Barrett to help try and keep some of these blokes and it is highly unlikely they will let go a halfback which the area they are least strong in to accomodate more forwards.

Blake should always have been a priority at the club from day one.

I think Tim and Blake would complement each other very well but given the dramas surrounding Tim we also should be looking at him as a potential halfback.

Kornstar

Coach
The Colonel said:
We won't get anywhere near Head. Dragons have let go Barrett to help try and keep some of these blokes and it is highly unlikely they will let go a halfback which the area they are least strong in to accomodate more forwards.

Blake should always have been a priority at the club from day one.

I think Tim and Blake would complement each other very well but given the dramas surrounding Tim we also should be looking at him as a potential halfback.

Head is injured all the time anyway, as good as he may be when on the field, he is just not on the field enough!!!

Blake would be my number one priority, he is extremely gifted and has a good running game and is alot faster than he looks.

Greena said he plays the same as Tim Smith, i totally disagree the 2 couldn't be any more different. The few games they had together this year proved that they work well together and i just hope this year (once all is officially lost) that Timmy and Blakey play together for a few games in First Grade.

Kornstar said:
Head is injured all the time anyway, as good as he may be when on the field, he is just not on the field enough!!!

Blake would be my number one priority, he is extremely gifted and has a good running game and is alot faster than he looks.

Greena said he plays the same as Tim Smith, i totally disagree the 2 couldn't be any more different. The few games they had together this year proved that they work well together and i just hope this year (once all is officially lost) that Timmy and Blakey play together for a few games in First Grade.

I agree with you Green and Smith should be given a show. Blake has a better running game than Smith. But Blakes game is more suited to Halfback.

The Colonel

Immortal
He is more suited to halfback but then again so was Steve Ella. Putting some faith in the halves with these two kids should be a very worthwhile combination.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Lets throw Blake in the deep end. Throw him the number 6 for the raiders game. Morris to bench. Marsh to the 9 and Riddell dropped or bench
LEts see what he can do

Freak2

Juniors
Don't agree with the comment Blake Green should NOW be our priority.

He should have been our priority the moment he stepped off the plane from his successful Shoolboys Kangeroo tour.

If we somehow fail to keep this fella I will be close to suicide!!

True EEL

Bench
is Blake Green worth all these wraps

Tim Smith was apparently, but now i'm not so sure

all this happening and we are letting John Morris go.....very strange....?

Kornstar

Coach
True EEL said:
is Blake Green worth all these wraps

Tim Smith was apparently, but now i'm not so sure

all this happening and we are letting John Morris go.....very strange....?

John Morris is a good player and i am thankful for his service to our club, but he isn't the answer at 5/8th for us and Hagan knows that, he also would be behind Marsh and Riddell for the hooking role. Unfortunately for John i think he would be better off to leave us at the end of the year, he deserves to be given a full-time position and that is something that we cannot give him.

Blake Green is worth all these wraps too......he would not let us down.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was told that Blake is/was in the plans of Hagan, he had a long chat to Hagan but it's up to Green..

I'm not sure whether that means that he's goneskis or not but atleast we're not going to die wondering.

yy_cheng

Coach
After the Judas affair, I actually don't care who we sign or who we lose.

I don't know why, I just want to watch Parra play irrespective of who is in the jersey.

Must be the effect of the BYE.

Avenger

Immortal
Blake Green plays similar to Gower.

He will be a better player then Tim Smith. He at least has a better attitude.