What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green you done it again you fool

Bigfella

Coach
I think that use of the interchange was a big key too Freak.

His hand was probably forced by the fact that our 2 most experienced forwards were backing up.

But as Colonel posted elsewhere, if Green wasn't going to come on for so long, I'm not sre why he was in the squad.

I think on balance PJ is a better impact hooker. His running and hitting are so dynamic but I'm not sure his passing service is up to 80 minutes.

We might need to look at a new starting hooker with PJ to still come off the bench.

Either way, we are a 1000% better side without riddell as dummy half IMO.

spiderdan

Bench
carson said:
Green did make a mistake and according to the post match interview cayless had told them to go for a field goal. These things happen and Blake will learn.

My question is why wasn't there a penalty for Grothe being tackled in mid air? Can't see how the bulldog winger was doing anything but waiting for grothe to catch the ball then tackle him. Why wasn't it a penalty? Mind you it is a rule that never gets enforced in tight situations!
was that from the crossfield kick?

the tackling in the air rule only applies to defensive players taking the ball. the rule is different depending on whether you are attacking or defending. it was changed a few years ago because players were able to take kicks in the opposition in goal without being touched in the air and just fall with the ball to score.

Green is young and he's playing out of posy, Let's give him a break. It's along season and as long as he learns from it and get's a little kick up the arse.

carson

Juniors
spiderdan said:
was that from the crossfield kick?

the tackling in the air rule only applies to defensive players taking the ball. the rule is different depending on whether you are attacking or defending. it was changed a few years ago because players were able to take kicks in the opposition in goal without being touched in the air and just fall with the ball to score.

never knew that, cheers mate.

Freak2

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Green is young and he's playing out of posy, Let's give him a break. It's along season and as long as he learns from it and get's a little kick up the arse.

He was young and played out of position last week but went quite good last week.

I honestly believe Hagan is to blame. He through the kid into a pressure cooker he wasn't ready for and the majority of the critics that simply want to knock the kid for making one mistake is pathetic!!

Hagan had to get him on once we hit the lead in the first half end of story!!

forward pass

Coach
Freak2 said:
I must of been watching a different game!!

If you really must have someone to blame.............

here it is............................................

Michael Hagan!!

We lost the game when Green come on for Wagon and not PJ who was gone IMO.

Hagan had Cayless / Wagon / Hindmarsh all on the bench at the one time with us leading by 1 try.

Arguably our best 3 defenders!!

As soon as Mason went in PJ was hooked.

PJ is not an 80 minute player. Never has been never will be. Blake should have been on after 25-30 minutes and back off with 25 to go. Not the last 15-20 minutes of the game!

Actually I agree with this. At one stage we had PJ, Green, Finch and Tim Smith on the field at once?? I couldn't understand that at all. And that was when the dogs started to really make metres !!

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
Actually I agree with this. At one stage we had PJ, Green, Finch and Tim Smith on the field at once?? I couldn't understand that at all. And that was when the dogs started to really make metres !!

at what time of the game was this?? were we leading at that stage?

when your there you tend to get caught up in the intensity and emotion of it and you over look who's on the field.

cardinal

Juniors
Jake the snake said:

Yeah why not everyone gave Finchy a break after a few ordinary games.

strider

Post Whore
I agree entirely too (i think i said it somewhere else already) .... hages made a massive blunder

it was the period between when blake came on and when the dogs scored the try just after feleti missed a tackle and patten made a long break, then penalty and try .... i remember cos feleti got dragged straight after and hindy went back on

caylo, n hindy and wags all on teh bench at the same time when the dogs are coming on strong - shocker!

forward pass

Coach
eelavation said:
at what time of the game was this?? were we leading at that stage?

when your there you tend to get caught up in the intensity and emotion of it and you over look who's on the field.

It was when Blake first went on. I am pretty sure we were in front or it may have been tied! I looked to the bench expecting PJ to be there but he was still out there. And Hindy and Caylo were both on the bench ??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Freak2 said:
I must of been watching a different game!!

If you really must have someone to blame.............

here it is............................................

Michael Hagan!!

We lost the game when Green come on for Wagon and not PJ who was gone IMO.

Hagan had Cayless / Wagon / Hindmarsh all on the bench at the one time with us leading by 1 try.

Arguably our best 3 defenders!!

As soon as Mason went in PJ was hooked.

PJ is not an 80 minute player. Never has been never will be. Blake should have been on after 25-30 minutes and back off with 25 to go. Not the last 15-20 minutes of the game!
Well said. I'd have to agree with 100% of that. And just before halftime you could see PJ was tiring he took some wrong options.

Hellsy

Immortal
forward pass said:
It was when Blake first went on. I am pretty sure we were in front or it may have been tied! I looked to the bench expecting PJ to be there but he was still out there. And Hindy and Caylo were both on the bench ??

I wondered why that was also... mind you Hindy was ripped back on pretty quick after the scores were levelled.

BTW though (hypothetical)... even if we had kicked the field goal, whats to say that the DOgs wouldnt have levelled the scores again? There is a pretty good chance they would have

emjaycee

Coach
Freak2 said:
He was young and played out of position last week but went quite good last week.

I honestly believe Hagan is to blame. He through the kid into a pressure cooker he wasn't ready for and the majority of the critics that simply want to knock the kid for making one mistake is pathetic!!

Hagan had to get him on once we hit the lead in the first half end of story!!

Didnt Hagan suggest after Green and Inu's debuts against the Raiders that he didnt know how they would go, week in, week out. Maybe he is a little closer to knowing how Blake would handle it week in, week out now?

Bazal

Post Whore
Worse then Greens mistake was the decision to head out wide. We were never gonna get a firld goal over with a play the ball out there ffs...Should have taken it the play before Greens dart, when Burt was in position and could get an uncontested shot...

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I think the original interchange was Green coming on for Wagon. Don't know who else was on the bench. I believe Hages thought he could run the big dogs forwards around with our smaller players and darts from dummy half. Maybe, in hindsight, it was a pretty ordinary decision as that was when Mason and his cohorts started to dominate

Latest posts