What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloodbath! Todd, Flano, Irvine and the Carney Army

newman

First Grade
If you want to see a bloodbath of epic proportions, log onto facebook and check out the Carney army page. There, a bloke named Simon O Leary claims (for the second time no less) that it is a FACT that if Irvine is re-elected to the board Todd and Flano walk.

Much mud flinging ensues with many connected to the club claiming it is a lie perpetrated by the Unity ticket (which is my info), and eventually Irvine weighs into the debate and confirms for the second time that this is a lie and Todd has sent him a message of support. Subsequent newspaper reports say that Todd is days away from signing.

Then on another comment; candidate David Boldeman re-iterates the claim. Boldemans brother is a part of the Unity ticket. Just WTF is going on? Can anyone shed any light?

SharkShocked

Bench
Talking sense?

It's social media.

There is NO point in talking sense, it's like these forums but worse.

The scale of that 'debate' has been appalling.

Oh for the day we get back to talking purely about footy and how bad some of you want the limmo back.

newman

First Grade
The coach probably doesnt spend too much time looking at The Carney Army facebook site. The only noise he has made is that Todd is "days" away from signing which flies in the face of these claims.

;-)
I might be A Rock Newman.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Carney is smart hold out for 2 weeks Panthers lose again Gus will offer him 10 year deal, if Soward can get 4 years

310px-Papyrus_Ani_curs_hiero.jpg

It's giving more ammo to The Sloth

CHARTERED accountant Craig Douglas is more valuable to the Cronulla Sharks than club legend Paul Gallen.

So says former chairman Damian Irvine in a social media comment that has angered players and outraged fans during voting for the club's board elections.

Douglas has been a board member at the club since 2009.

In a comment on Facebook to try to attract votes, Irvine says: "Craig Douglas is and will continue to be more important to the club than Paul Gallen - fact."

The statement is a terrible insult to the Sharks and NSW State of Origin skipper and vice-captain of the Kangaroos.

Gallen declined to comment yesterday but teammate Todd Carney made his feelings clear. "As a player, I signed at Cronulla because of Gal," Carney said.

"He is the heart and soul of our club. Players come to Cronulla to play with him and so they don't have to play against him.

"Even when he retires, I'm sure he'll have a senior role at the club for as long as he wants."

Coach Shane Flanagan and players are fuming at the remarks.

"Damian Irvine will not be welcome in the dressing room ever again," said one senior player.

"He makes remarks about us being given horse drugs and now he's being disrespectful to Gal."

Irvine stood down as Sharks chairman earlier in the season but is standing again as a director.

"Craig (Douglas) and I have been partners in this from day one," he wrote on Facebook.

"We work very well together and get results, that's why I want to act as a director and continue that work with the help of new experience and energy."

The election results will be revealed at the club's annual general meeting next Tuesday.

A ticket headed by former Olympian Damian Keogh is standing against the current board, vowing to deliver jersey and stadium sponsorship.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ults-paul-gallen/story-e6frexrr-1226623798207

Latest posts