What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloodbath! Todd, Flano, Irvine and the Carney Army

Unfortunate turn of phrase. Everyone in the club has an important role to play, there would not have been any problem with saying Craig D is AS important to the club as Gal.

carcharias

Immortal
He shouldn't be posting in the f**king joint to start with.

I honestly believe it was not a comment bagging Gallen.
But ... Look at the people reading it FFS!

No way I would post in there.

My missus has Facebook she might read it.

As it stands I am almost positive she is unaware of this forum.
:)

chewsta

First Grade
Can somebody inform me as to why, we as a club make so many silly statements to the media or public forums?
I mean why do we need to justify to anybody, why so and so is doing what within the club or explain the reasoning behind certain wheelings and dealings like sponsorship or player signings being days away.

Why cant we just keep our mouths shut and get on with the job?

I dont ever recall any other club continually in the spotlight for so much stupidity. The whole club, from the board down should be on a media ban if u ask me.

Give one or two people with a bit of common sense, the job of fronting the media if neccessary and thats it.

You dont see Melbourne pulling this shit and look at them...

newman

First Grade
Geez what a mess. Don Rogers from the Carney Army should have never, ever allowed that post to stay up for so long. If it is true or not it is unverified and has now influenced the outcome of the election.

newman

First Grade
Can somebody inform me as to why, we as a club make so many silly statements to the media or public forums?
I mean why do we need to justify to anybody, why so and so is doing what within the club or explain the reasoning behind certain wheelings and dealings like sponsorship or player signings being days away.

Why cant we just keep our mouths shut and get on with the job?

I dont ever recall any other club continually in the spotlight for so much stupidity. The whole club, from the board down should be on a media ban if u ask me.

Give one or two people with a bit of common sense, the job of fronting the media if neccessary and thats it.

You dont see Melbourne pulling this shit and look at them...

Right or wrong Irvine does not speak for the club in any capacity. He is merely a candidate trying (badly) to get elected to the board.

Weaponhead

Coach
The story of survival of the Sharks through the past few years is one of the great untold stories of Rugby League. Obviously, there are people here who have some insights into just how close the club came to insolvency and what had to be done and by whom to keep the gates open.

Craig Douglas has played a key role in navigating through this situation and he deserves to be re-elected given the dedication and expertise shown. In this sense the role that Douglas played is more important than Gallen or any other player. Players are irrelevant if there is no club.

Having said that, it was extremely poor judgement to make that statement in that forum knowing that it will be taken out of context by those with agendas such as Rothfield. It is just such a shame that Irvine has tainted his legacy with careless statements.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Irvine was clearly trying to give a massive wrap to a board members, whose deeds generally always go unnoticed. He wanted the people to know how just how valuable the board member was.

He wasn't at all saying "Gallen is a piece of crap that isn't even as good as a board member"

f**king media and their agendas

newman

First Grade
Interesting that the Carney Army has now removed all politically motivated posts and comments. Maybe they got wind that the integrity of the election was hanging on a knife edge and there was talk of calling the whole thing off?

Jimbo

Immortal
Irvine was clearly trying to give a massive wrap to a board members, whose deeds generally always go unnoticed. He wanted the people to know how just how valuable the board member was.

He wasn't at all saying "Gallen is a piece of crap that isn't even as good as a board member"

Exactly

Being less important than someone crucial does not make you worthless

F*ck, Rothfield is a slimy merkin

Yeah Phil, I know you're reading this. I'm talking about you

Why don't you do something positive for the club you claim to support and shut the f*ck up?

Interesting that the Carney Army has now removed all politically motivated posts and comments. Maybe they got wind that the integrity of the election was hanging on a knife edge and there was talk of calling the whole thing off?

I really hope that those of the TCA also get wind of the fact that the Sharks are the boys in the black, white and blue NOT the blue,black and white. It drives me nuts. BW&B4L!!!

Latest posts