What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Moon - The Manchester City Thread - C'MON CITY!

brendothejet

First Grade
yeah reading on Bluewatch forums Thakers is seaking asylum in China. City could be really f**ked. there are talks of administration and all sortsa nasty sh*t.

not good.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we've lodged in injunction to stop him from playing as he has apparently already signed with Spurs, before City upped their price again

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we'll see

I think the bigger picture for you guys will be the future of your club

I hope it doesn't fall apart because of this crook, he is issuing a statement at 9:00AM London time, 6 o'clock (PM) our time

brendothejet

First Grade
funny i got home yesterday and my MCFC membership card was in the mail. Felt like i won second place in a beauty contest. lol

fish eel

Immortal
It's all going pearshaped.

This is modern football and the pitfalls of sugar daddy private owners, unfortunately.

Dragooner

Bench
Hughes is about to walk out on the club, Thaskin has lost 800 million pounds (or something ridiculous around there).

They are trying to sell a couple of there stars, well in truth force them out. Corluka and now Ireland.

It is all going wrong. Sven was lucky, he forced his way out in time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope FA appoint an administrator and this gets sorted out stat

the EPL needs Man C

Tom Shines

First Grade
Jumping the gun a bit boys.

Thaksin's 800 million quid are FROZEN, not lost. Same as it has always been.
He doesn't want to return home and face the courts, which is understandable.

Hughes won't walk yet, but if the board tries to sell players from underneath him (like Corluka and Ireland), he's outta there.
All transfer activity will probably cease as the Sky money is being used to pay wages and existing transfer fees. We're not broke though.

This article sums up the "fit and proper" rules: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7555512.stm
The chief of the Premier League says he would be willing to subject Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra to the fit and proper person test.

Thaksin faces corruption charges in Thailand and a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to appear in court in Bangkok on Monday.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "If we feel the rule has been breached, we will invoke it.

"(But) we have a club owner who has not yet been found guilty of any offence."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you're right,

still its gonna be hard to recruit and keep players while all this is going on

Tom Shines

First Grade
I hope you're right,

still its gonna be hard to recruit and keep players while all this is going on

I'd say the transfer window is closed as far as we're concerned, unless it's one in/one out.

Apparently Santa Cruz wants in, and Rovers would take £15mil for him. Where we get that kind of cash from I have no idea. Selling Michael Johnson might be a start, he wants a contract upgrade the cheeky f**ker.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think he's the sort of player that you must keep during trying times like this,

if he leaves I could see a few others saying whats the point of staying

fish eel

Immortal
Jumping the gun a bit boys.

Thaksin's 800 million quid are FROZEN, not lost. Same as it has always been.
He doesn't want to return home and face the courts, which is understandable.

Hughes won't walk yet, but if the board tries to sell players from underneath him (like Corluka and Ireland), he's outta there.
All transfer activity will probably cease as the Sky money is being used to pay wages and existing transfer fees. We're not broke though.

This article sums up the "fit and proper" rules: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7555512.stm

Come on Tom, its not quite as it has always been, the heat has been turned up big time, and this saga has a long way to go yet IMO.

Mark Hughes must be wondering what he has got himself in for!

Dragooner

Bench
Plenty of rumours with Johnson to the Gooners! :D And we desperately need another midfielder, and quickly too, will also help our 'English-Player Image' and is a wonderful talent.