What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues role to keep Anasta in league

nqboy

First Grade
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15160776-23214,00.html

IN-FORM Bulldogs pivot Braith Anasta revealed a return to the NSW side could be enough to secure his future in rugby league as it emerged his manager had made an official approach to rugby union.

Anasta went public with his desire to reclaim a Blues jersey as he joined his City team-mates in camp for Friday night's game against Country in Lismore, on NSW's north coast.

"If I know the opportunity is there in league and I can see myself representing in the future and reaching the goals I'd love to in league, I couldn't really see myself moving anywhere," Anasta said.

"But if I can't see myself reaching those goals, there may be goals elsewhere."

Anasta's manager, Greg Willett, confirmed last night he had sent a letter to the NSWRU to express his client's interest in switching codes.

"They said you have to send a letter of intent to NSW rugby," Willett said. "I sent a letter to the boss there and said, 'what's your interest in Braith Anasta?'.

"It wasn't that he's going to rugby union. But I would be an idiot if I didn't find out what they're offering. He's got to make a decision soon. This letter is to find out what's on offer from rugby."

The Bulldogs have already made the talented playmaker an offer but Anasta has indicated he could test his worth on the open market after June 30.

Asked whether he had any clue as to where he would be playing next year, Anasta replied: "Not really, I have no idea. It's so hard. Canterbury came with the offer some time ago and me and my manager didn't accept it.

"I haven't heard back since and I haven't been able to talk to anyone else because of the June 30 thing, so I don't know who's interested and who's not.

"There's going to come a time when everything is going to be put out in front of me and I can make my decision."

Soft as. If he's good enough, he'll make Origin. If he's not, we've got to put him in anyway or he might go to yawnyawn :roll: :roll: :roll:

Can you believe the ego on this guy?

DJ1

Juniors
Understandable stance when you consider that he kicked butt in City / Country last year, was basically promised a Blues jersey by the Beesting, then shafted by Gould for Freddies swansong.

He's simply letting the league know that he is not happy about that.

Mr Saab

Referee
DJ1...it was Scott Hill who had a blinder in city country and was shafted for shaun timmins.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Maroubra Shark said:
Southernsaint said:
Braith - stay, go; we don't care...

Wake up to yourself.
Lets lose more players to snore ball :roll:

"Oh no, we'll never replace Rogers, Sailor, Tuqiri"...

We develop better players quicker than they can be "stolen". Don't buy into Anasta's agent's leverage scam...

Parraren

Bench
Sorry Braith but barring injury NSW will be 6. Barrett 7. Kimmorley.

Maybe you're a chance for No. 13 but unlikely.

Parraren

Bench
I just realised I mentioned "Barrett" & "injury" in the same sentence. Sorry Braith, my mistake, you're a real chance of wearing the No. 6 for NSW :lol:

By god he should not be considered for selection with a ridiculous comment like that. He has no excuse for not getting selected besides poor form, his been a gun premiership winning side.

Piss of to ra ra, really doesnt fuss me.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Knight82 said:
By god he should not be considered for selection with a ridiculous comment like that. He has no excuse for not getting selected besides poor form, his been a gun premiership winning side.

With the exception of Lockyer, is there a #6 in better form than Braith?

I'd rate Hill, Barrett, Gidley(Yes biest but well I am a knight), Smith, Dykes, and Campell before him easily.

He has improved this season though I no longer put him in the cat category merely uninvolved category.

Carlito

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:
Knight82 said:

With the exception of Lockyer, is there a #6 in better form than Braith?

great when hes on song, can go missing sometimes tho.

miketyson

Juniors
.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Translation .. 'If Im not good enough for State Of Origin it's ok because I can go to union and walk straight into there rep teams' ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

gregstar

Referee
you gotta love attempted blackmail - call his bluff & say bye bye braith
if i don't get made an administrator in these forums, i'm switching to rleague - got that willow?!!!!!

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Knight82 said:
I'd rate Hill, Barrett, Gidley(Yes biest but well I am a knight), Smith, Dykes, and Campell before him easily.

He has improved this season though I no longer put him in the cat category merely uninvolved category.

Hill - very good player, injury prone but ability wise probably on a par with Anasta. Braith has that fiery, competitive winning attitude that separates him from Hill and hits harder in defence.

Barrett - he's never on the field much and even when he has been, he hasn't done a whole lot.

Gidley - :lol:

Dykes - simply not as good as Anasta. Everyone knows it. Remember all his success at Parramatta?

Smith - doing well at 33. He has not been as devastating as Anasta though.

Campbell - great player. Lack of size still makes it tough for him defensively despite good technique and guts. Probably the best attacking 5/8 outside of Lockyer.

And for those people whinging about Anasta negotiating with yawnyawn...well he's a target of theirs and iot would be silly not to explore all his options. If you were Anasta would you sign a 230K per year deal to stay with the Bulldogs when you could get close to double that with yawnyawn or significantly more by waiting for June 30?

On form he deserves the NSW #6 anyway.

ozboy

Juniors
If he wants to go kicking balls into touch for the rest of his life, then so be it, he is no big loss for RL.

Has arguably been the most overated player in the NRL over the past few years, until being overtaken by Craig Fitzgibbon this year, and has only started to show some sort of form, which isn't that flash hot either, come contract negotiation time.

Willie Mason should be 100 times higher on the Bulldogs agenda than Anasta.

What a big mistake it was to allow Travis Norton and Johnathan Thurston to join the Cowboys, and keeping Anasta at the Dogs.

Latest posts