What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues :)

orochimaru

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Josh Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brett Morris
5. Eric Grothe Jr
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Josh Perry
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Alan Tongue
13. Greg Bird

14. Tom L . L
15. Kurt Gidley

Stagger eel

Staff member
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Josh Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brett Morris
5. Eric Grothe Jr
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Josh Perry
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Alan Tongue
13. Greg Bird

14. Tom L . L
15. Kurt Gidley

you've got your Morris's mixed up

Big Pete

Referee
If I was selecting the side right now...

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Bailey
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

14. John Sutton
15. Justin Poore
16. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
17. Ben Creagh

Squad:
Kurt Gidley
Jamal Idris
Josh Morris
Jarrod Mullen
Keith Galloway
Kade Snowden
Luke Lewis
Luke O'Donnell

Last edited:

Liam

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Justin Poore
9. Robbie Farah/Isaac De Gois
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Greg Bird

14. John Sutton
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Paul Gallen
17. Ben Cross/Brett White

orochimaru

Juniors
pearce and mullen are the only 2 real youngens who can step up and be our thurston and lockyer in the future, so lets get them started now

eric grothe jr is good because he can run over most of his oponent wingers, and when he actually pays interest in the game he is an awesome player

gidley is a tireless workhorse.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont know if any of you blokes have been reading the paper, but the rep repair job Politis has the DT doing on Todd Carney right now is outstanding!
He was in the paper the other day because he brought a punching bag last year to keep fit in atherton... :lol: apparently thats news worthy stuff

He'll be there, unless he gets nicked before the series, he'll be there. And he'll probably play lights out. Still the most talented young half in the comp.

Smith Machine

Juniors
I swear if the blues pick jamie lyon again i will be barracking for Qld as much as it hates me to say it. He is deadset useless. While i would like jennings there he really needs to work on his defence which is mediocre at best. Until he fixes his defence i would have in the centres morris/tahu/lawrence/croker. We need to combat inglis and hodges.

pearce and mullen are the only 2 real youngens who can step up and be our thurston and lockyer in the future, so lets get them started now

eric grothe jr is good because he can run over most of his oponent wingers, and when he actually pays interest in the game he is an awesome player

gidley is a tireless workhorse.

There are others that could step up. The first 10 rounds of next year will show what we can look forward to.

watatank

Coach
I swear if the blues pick jamie lyon again i will be barracking for Qld as much as it hates me to say it. He is deadset useless. While i would like jennings there he really needs to work on his defence which is mediocre at best. Until he fixes his defence i would have in the centres morris/tahu/lawrence/croker. We need to combat inglis and hodges.

What makes you think those players can? J. Morris struggled hard against Hodges last year, for example..

perverse

Referee
My Backline -
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Timana Tahu
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Todd Carney

good combinations in the 3/4 line, the future as i saw it 3 years ago in the halves, and i can't leave brett stewart out. this setup makes assumptions that tahu and carney both come back to the NRL strongly, which i believe they both will. raiders fans would probably have it 6. Carney, 7. Mullen (or mullen left-right-out)... but i think both offer more in the current positions, and i still see massive things in both their futures... especially if they get to play together at rep level often.

The Pack -
8. Luke Bailey
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Greg Bird

geez, the pack was hard to put together. i think NSW's main problem is we have a lot of choice in the forwards, but no incredible standouts. watmough after his performance this year has a mortgage on 1 spot... and i think hindmarshs attitude and workload is invaluable in any team. we need a couple of blokes on the field who remember what it was like to win one. Ennis is hooker, and i probably wouldn't even have farah as second in line. too many cooks with him in the team. the rest pretty much speaks for itself.

The Bench -
14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
16. Justin Poore
17. Paul Gallen

size, impact, flexibility. the only position that is necessary to justify is gidley... and he is the best utility going around. had a poor year last year, and as a knights fan i hope he lifts some next year, because we're paying him a motza.

this team can beat QLD. the only player decision i erred on was the halves... i wanted to put kimmorley at 7 and mullen at 6... but i'd love to see carney tear it up next year, as i'm a big fan of his game.

Brett Stewart
Brett Morriis
Jarryd Hayne
Timana Tahu
Eric Grothe Jr.
Trent Barret
Brent Kimmorley
Tom Leroyd Lahrs
Mike Ennis
Keith Galloway
Ben Creagh
Luke Lewis
Anthony Watmough

Michael Ennis
Justin Poore/Jason Ryles
Fileti Mateo
Alan Tongue/Kurt Gidley

yes you may be thinking why i choose hayne at left centre? the anwser is simple who else? Jenning and Morris wre quite shocking on defence, they may be Australian material but not origin (at least not for the moment), they're attack was quite pathetic too. with hayne there we can rest asured that he will be getting enough ball, and he's directly up against Justin Hodges who he is superior to by a long way. Matt Cooper good, but his attack isnt really that great, i am also very interested in Chris Lawrence and Jarror Croker- two young players who have performed well for they're respective clubs (just like jennings and morris), but whether they're are origin material im not sure.

abpanther

Staff member
How can people leave out Luke Lewis who was one of Australia's best in the World Cup?

Tom155

Coach
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Todd Carney
8. Luke Douglas
9. De Gois/Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Luke Lewis
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird
15. Ben Creagh
16. Justin Poore
17. Kurt Gidley

Aiden Tolman
Feleti Mateo
Luke O'Donnell
Keith Galloway
Kade Snowden
Chris Lawrence
Brett Kimmorley
Joel Reddy

Gaba

First Grade
5. Eric Grothe Jr
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
No way that will happen

:lol:

Pearce will be struggling to stay in the nrl , he was declining in 2009 all he has in his attacking armour is the bomb and kick

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Timana Tahu
5. Josh Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Douglas
9. Michael Ennis