What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boldin almost killed by Jet

Dazzelx01

Juniors
I watched that game this morning. He got absolutely smashed.

It was amazing seeing both teams kneel down in the middle of the field in prayer.

dragonfire

Bench
thats bad but it happens in contact sports, the way i see it with all the gear they wear helmet to helmet will occur. For me the problem with that was the corner i think who jumped over Boldin and pushed him down slightly. Hope he recovers well as he is a beast

Big Tim

First Grade
Its on the player that lowered his head.

It is against the rules. You must keep your chin up when making a hit.

MSH

Juniors
Wow, thats a big hit. Amazing to see the players on both sides doing the knell down near the player in a pray there for Boldin.

boxa777

Coach
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b3c79c&template=with-video&confirm=true

1 game suspension, $50,000 fine and loss of his game "check" (cheque) for the weeke he misses.

Got off easy if you ask me....he could have ruined Boldins and his own life....Dope.

It was huge and unfortunate, but why the suspension? The safety Rhodes pushed Boldin in the back and that contributed. I don't think the helmet hit was intentional.

If suspensions were given out that easy for every concussion in rugby league, there'd be players missing all over the place.

Big Tim

First Grade
It was huge and unfortunate, but why the suspension? The safety Rhodes pushed Boldin in the back and that contributed. I don't think the helmet hit was intentional.

If suspensions were given out that easy for every concussion in rugby league, there'd be players missing all over the place.

Not in the argument.

It is illegal to lead with the crown of the head. It would have been facemask to facemask if he kept his head up and the jolt would have been far less.

dragonfire

Bench
Not in the argument.

It is illegal to lead with the crown of the head. It would have been facemask to facemask if he kept his head up and the jolt would have been far less.

true but there was no intention of hitting helmet to helmet. i think if he gets done for a suspension no fine and vice versa, but then again look at who he hit and you have the reasoning behind the severity of the punishment

Big Tim

First Grade
true but there was no intention of hitting helmet to helmet. i think if he gets done for a suspension no fine and vice versa, but then again look at who he hit and you have the reasoning behind the severity of the punishment

When I joined NUT the first thing you were told was NEVER lead with the crown of your helmet.

Intention does not matter..... but it is a moot point because I totally agree with the fine and suspension while others may not.

Noa

First Grade
thats bad but it happens in contact sports, the way i see it with all the gear they wear helmet to helmet will occur. For me the problem with that was the corner i think who jumped over Boldin and pushed him down slightly. Hope he recovers well as he is a beast

I havent been able to watch any NFL as yet (moving) but that was a dog act of the highest order. 20 points up and yet he felt the need to do that.

Noa

First Grade
Wow, thats a big hit. Amazing to see the players on both sides doing the knell down near the player in a pray there for Boldin.

Should have been double. he lowered his head, he knew what he was doing. says he was trying to stop the pass, dont see no hands up.

Dog.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
anquan could have died from that hit. the player, whoever it was should have gotten way worse.

nyfg89

Juniors
anquan could have died from that hit. the player, whoever it was should have gotten way worse.

I see what you mean it was a vicious hit alright.
Has anyone heard any response or apology from the offending player?

Monk

Referee
if you click on that first link of the boldin hit, then there are a few videos underneath it, you should check them out for an apology.

He didn't do it to injure Boldin, but rather to protect himself. The crown is the hardest part so he wouldn't get hurt that way, unfortunately though, Boldin would.

Noa

First Grade
i disagree.

Maybe not in the "I hope you drink through a straw for the rest of your life" way. But defenders aim to put the biggest hit possible on each and every play. If they can take a WR or Q out legally they'll do it.