What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borussia LU: Team Thread!

Bumble

First Grade
On a side note, Macca_ has pulled the captain aside and let him know that he needs to lift his game severely, and this could be his last match in the starting XI if he doesn't pull his socks up.

First half:
11th: TT sends a long ball to Bumble, but his finish from the left channel is well saved by Kirkland.
16th: weasel is dispossed, and a long clearance is sent by Webster which SD will collect...but he's misjudged it and come out to late and all that's left is from Emile Heskey to tap the ball into an open net which even he can manage! Another gaffe from the LU keeper! 1-0 Wigan.
19th: hybrid clears, finds Poupou who flicks it on to Bumble about 40 yards from goal. He goes alone down the centre, pushing through Scharner and Camara and smashes a finish past Kirkland!! The critics are silenced with a fantastic goal from the captain! 1-1!
33rd: hybrid pulls McCulloch down just outside the box. The free kick is a tricky one, and is played in to the feet of Valencia but he skies it into the crowd! A horrible miss from about 10 yards out.
45th: Heskey's shot flashes wide.

HALF TIME: Zzzz. A very boring half, with a fantastic solo goal and a keeper blunder the only memorable moments. Only 3 shots to each side, Possession even. Let's see if the 2nd is better?

47th: Valencia's shot from distance crashes over.
50th: superloco's cross bends in from the edge of the area, into the 6 yard box where NP will try to get on the end of it..BUT BUMBLE COMES OUT OF NOWHERE WITH A DIVING HEADER!! 2-1 LU AND THE LU CAPTAIN IS PUTTING IN QUITE A PERFORMANCE!!
53rd: Heskey hasn't been picked up in the box! Scharner's cross hits him and he equalises...but it's been called for offside! A let off for LU. skeepe on for Poupou
57th: end to end stuff here. Heskey is put clean through, but his shot is turned away by LU, who then go long to skeepe who heads it down for Bumble, who looks certain to finish off a hat trick when Fitz Hall hacks the ball off his foot just in time.
61st: Some scrappy play sees the ball bobble out to Valencia who again shoots from distance and again, sends it over.
68th: McMillan sends in a low pass to McCulloch, whom noone is marking and smashes it across the body of a diving SD! 2-2. The defence is once again letting the team down and Macca_ will not be pleased. Ridders on for Twiz.
89th: Nothing has happened for 20 minutes, but Wigan win a corner through McCulloch. Can Wigan break Borussian hearts?

Teale floats it in, but it's cleared away by Dutchy onto the head of the giant CF skeepe, who flicks it down to Bumble who has pushed away from Scharner and gone clean through! He's on halfway, 40 yards out, 30, 20...in the box and he's got to beat Kirkland...OH A CHIP!!! THAT'S HIS HAT TRICK AND WIGAN ARE STUNNED!! LU GO BALLISTIC!!

92nd: B-Dos has to head it behind...another Pie eater corner. And Cywka scores from the corner. Ugh...a late equaliser for Wigan.

94th: Fitz Hall forces a low save from SD...another corner...Webster scores!! Nobody picked up Andy Webster, and Wigan win 4-3!

----

Well, what a f**king joke that is. The defence is a huuuge problem right now, leaking 4 goals to Wigan is inexcusable.

Goals: Bumble 3

Assists: superloco, Poupou, skeepe

MoM: Bumble

Ratings:

9: Bumble
7: Dutchy, Poupou, superloco, weasel, skeepe
6: the rest

Absolutely horrendous collapse. I'm speechless, I really am.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ha. Talk about a heartbreaking end to a match, last night I had the most heartbreaking end to a season ever.

Playing my first season as Fjölnir in the Icelandic first division, the board wanted me to achieve a mid-table finish and the media tipped me to come 6th. The top two teams in first division get promoted to the Icelandic premier league, and right before the final game of the season I was sitting in 2nd, 3 points clear of the next team (which were HK) and 3 goals ahead on differential.

However league sorting rules said that after points, positions are determined by goal differential and then goals scored, and HK had scored about 5 goals more than me.

So in this final game I was away to the 4th placed team (though they were tipped to win the division) and HK were away to some sh*tty team. I played for the draw and at halftime I was one-nil down while HK were one-nil up (the games played simultaneously) - so with 40 minutes to play in the season I was in line for promotion. I was even with HK on points but ahead of them on goal differential by one goal.

Then early in the second half HK scored a penalty (I had one eye on other results) and I immediately went on the attack. We dominated our opposition in a display of breathtaking attacking football - we had about 8 shots on goal in the final 30 minutes and hit the crossbar a couple of times but to no avail.

We lost 1-0, HK won 2-0 and we took 3rd place on goals scored. Stuck in first division.

Here's some video of me during the second half:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs&mode=related&search=

Dragooner

Bench
This is horrible.

Everyone is honestly making me look bad.

How many times did Bumble type....And McCulloch hasn't been picked up, And Webster wasn't picked up, what do you's expect me to do?!?!?!?!

Geez!

Bumble, I suggest you purchase some players. Maybe Vincent Kompany, develops into a great player. What about maybe Lahm or Metresacker or Dani Alves, how bout all of them?

In my opinion we need to permanently play 2 DM's and 4 Defenders.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Wigan read my profile

I'm a brick wall in defence, some one should tell them

weasel

First Grade
Tempers are wearing thin; weasel and Tonearm Terrowrist taking potshots, Twizzle and Phillips at each other's throats. Let's just hope some second-choice goalkeeper doesn't kill everyone.

SP

Bench
Bumble said:
Well, what a f**king joke that is. The defence is a huuuge problem right now, leaking 4 goals to Wigan is inexcusable.

time to recall SP from the loan i think :D :p

The Devil

Bench
weasel said:
Tempers are wearing thin; weasel and Tonearm Terrowrist taking potshots, Twizzle and Phillips at each other's throats. Let's just hope some second-choice goalkeeper doesn't kill everyone.

Someone call for me? :badgrin: :twisted:

Time for Devil to become #1 methinks ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
weasel said:

its just like the real Serie A

lolesi

First Grade
I think we can all agree that lolesi getting injured is the reason for these results.

Lets all pray he is back to full fitness soon.

Dragooner

Bench
The Devil said:
Time for Devil to become #1 methinks ;-)

Time for some f*cking defenders to relive the pressure on us methinks.

Macca, I'm currently unhappy at the club, am being constantly mocked by having the worst defence in the EPL infront of me! I want out of the club unless we can string some wins together or get a half-decent defensive line-up on the park. Any offers for me? Take them!

weasel said:
Tonearm Terrowrist taking potshots

i haven't been sent off yet. f**king ridiculous. i'm always good for a few reds in the year

the centre defense partnership of twiz and tone is forming beautifuly. can you buy buffon?

Dragooner

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
can you buy buffon?

F*ck off! Only if I leave! :lol:

Can you buy Terry, or Kompany, or someone? Tonearm and Twiz are VERY shaky at the back!

4 GOALS VS WIGAN!!! I mean, what the hell is that!

Latest posts