What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOYCOTT!

eels_fan

First Grade
Never in all my days as a parramatta and rugby league supporter have i seen a game so poorly adjudicated. I have cried blue murder for ref's after watching parramatta lose games on many occasions, but NEVER have i seen a team be stripped of its rightful chance to be in a grand final than what i saw today. The Cowboys will forever in my mind be champions for the effort they put in. Simpkins should lose his job.

I bought Grand Final tickets three weeks ago, knowing my beloved Parramatta would not make it, but knowing that the game would still be great and have two deserved teams in it. Fifteen minutes ago my Grand Final tickets were torn into many many pieces,

Now you Roosters supporters can rant and rave that i hate the Roosters, and yes i'll acknowledge the fact that the Roosters are not my favourite team, or close to it, but had the Roosters decively or deservedly beat the Cowboys, and the Bulldogs had to Penrith last night, then i would have attended the grand final and enjoyed a spectacle of two great teams who rightfully deserved there place. I REFUSE to go next weekend, and watch the Bulldogs, a deserved team, play the Roosters, who are merely rugby leagues pin ups boys

I invite anyone who gives a damn about rugby league and do what i have done, attend the jersey flegg and premier league finals, but leave before the main game,

Go The Bulldogs (who'd have thought you'd ever hear that from a Parramatta supporter)

*has been edited*

eastsrule

Bench
I support what you are doing but there is 80 000 seats, your cause will not even reach a tenth of the attendance.

I remember the most monumental rip-off in 1992... my team the Steelers robbed of being in the GF. 3 disallowed tries, 2 for forward passes (one was dead flat, the other went well and truely back!) and we lost 4-0! :evil:

I kept saying how much the Cowboys remind me of them, Graham Murray has even draw comparisons. Now it's happened to him again!!! I really feel for the Cowboys fans.

carlnz

Bench
I flew over to the grand final, and now i will not be afetr todays result. I will only go to the Warriors games and will never buy anything that has NRL on it.......Thats two time in three weeks the Roosters have been given the push from god to the Finals.....

Just a couple points, Wasn't it the Roosters complaing about people taking dives?? What was that dick crocker doing? :roll: :roll:

And the Roosters always complained about time wasting...what the hell were they doing their today?

I wonder what happended to the Kicking tee when the Cowboys had to kick off with 1 minute remaining?

You've written an awful lot, but you didn't give one example of how Simpkins favoured the Roosters.

Perception's a funny thing, because I actually thought Simpkins gave the Cowboys all the lineball decisions. And the penalty count was heavily in favour of Nth Qld.

I thought the Cowboys were the better team, but I don't think Paul Simpkins could be blamed for their losing.

The Roosters, on this form, will be cannon-fodder for Canterbury next week.

Dragon

Coach
MOS i remember well :cry:

And i deadset applaude you Eels Fan. I agree 100%

Rugby League is a farce

Rusty

Juniors
I couldn't be bothered reading it, can u get over it.Nothing u do will change the fact that the Rooster's are in the grandfinal sheesh!! :roll:
P.S The Cowboys had there opportunities and they didn't take advantage of them.
Why blame the ref??

wittyfan

Referee
With Cronulla's near misses in recent years I've tried to boycott games but I always find myself watching it in the end. :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This opening post is the dopiest post Ive ever seen.

I now feel 3 times dumber for reading it.

Anonymous

Juniors
And WW1 killed Les Darcy. Get over it folks. The team you were barracking for didn't win... thems the breaks.

wittyfan

Referee
Yes, it's not the Grand Final that the majority would prefer, but we have to live with it.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
I remember the most monumental rip-off in 1992... my team the Steelers robbed of being in the GF. 3 disallowed tries, 2 for forward passes (one was dead flat, the other went well and truely back!) and we lost 4-0! :evil:

I kept saying how much the Cowboys remind me of them, Graham Murray has even draw comparisons. Now it's happened to him again!!! I really feel for the Cowboys fans.

MOS_1982, Saints had a few tries called back too if I remember...

"McIndoe, for the corner!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
there's not a chance i would boycott the GF for two reasons:
1) it's got potential to be one of the great GF's; and
2) there's no rational reason to boycott it.

there is one thing i'm seriously considering boycotting, and that is this forum. i come here to talk about football, not about referees, and i'm getting sick to death of coming here after every game to find all-in ref bashing.

blackfriday

Juniors
geez simpkins did give the roosters a couple of good decisions, but the cowboys got a couple of lucky ones too. ricketson shouldve either got reported twice or served time in the bin as an example to others. i think ricky stuart is glad that hodges is on report because anybody can do a better job than him.

leaguerules

Juniors
i can believe the absolute crap im reading on this forum i always thought the people on this forum are the passionate rugby league followers
we brag that we support the greatest game of all. And when we get the two most dominate teams in 2004 u guys r saying its not good enough the game is its best state ever and guys r trying to bring it down

as far as im concern u guys r not league followers u just like alot of others in the game only care about yourselves and your team

i bet u my life that neither ref was worried about whose playing next they were just trying to do their best and impress be nominated to be the gf ref

for god sake just enjoy the week and enjoy the game

Jess

Juniors
eels_fan said:
I invite anyone who gives a damn about rugby league and do what i have done, attend the jersey flegg and premier league finals, but leave before the main game,

That's a bit impossible if they do what you have done and rip up their tickets :lol:

Sure some calls didn't go the Cowboys way especially towards the end, weren't given deserved penalties etc. It happens in football. However dear god you have problems.

P.S. - wouldn't it be more beneficial to go to the game and boo the shit out of the Roosters?