What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd may actually stay

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When Benny first announced he was leaving the Bronco's i seem to remember Darius calling Benny and saying that the Bronco's didn't want to retain him!! So he came to us at the Dragons! the big difference here is he know's he is more than wanted at the Dragons and Benny being the man he is may well advise him to stay where he know's he's happy!!
This is a good point and one that the oppo Boyd riders forget. If Boyd wasn't wanted, I imagine Bennett would take him to Newcastle, just as he did to St George when Brisbane showed him the door. Of course these are entirely different circumstances.

Still, we don't know where Boyd will go. Maybe later this month.

But hey, at least we've got Reece Simmonds locked up.

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
This is a good point and one that the oppo Boyd riders forget. If Boyd wasn't wanted, I imagine Bennett would take him to Newcastle, just as he did to St George when Brisbane showed him the door. Of course these are entirely different circumstances.

Still, we don't know where Boyd will go. Maybe later this month.

But hey, at least we've got Reece Simmonds locked up.

:crazy:

Rebound

Juniors
Rumor going around today that Tigers Prop Gibbs and Liam Fulton are rumoured to the Knights, if this is true then it's going to be hard to fit all these players including Boyd under the cap!

rnb11

Juniors
Are you oblivious to what is actually going on at Newcastle? 12-15 players are leaving and you imagine it'll be hard to sign 3 players? Wake up.

Creaghzy dragon

Juniors
Are you oblivious to what is actually going on at Newcastle? 12-15 players are leaving and you imagine it'll be hard to sign 3 players? Wake up.

There not actually getting rid of 12-15 players bit extreme! Maybe told 5 they are not needed. Even if they do leave with contract still in place, they would still have to pay the players out their remaining contract

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Someone forgot to eat their Weet-Bix.

rnb11

Juniors
There not actually getting rid of 12-15 players bit extreme! Maybe told 5 they are not needed. Even if they do leave with contract still in place, they would still have to pay the players out their remaining contract

Kaufusi, Paterson, Rogers, Taufua, Tolar, Ciraldo, De Gois, Lulia, MacDougall, McDonnell, Mika, Naiqama brothers and Southern all will not be at the club next and Zeb Taia could still be forced to retire due to injury. And as far as I knew, you only have to pay the difference of what another club is offering the player, not the entire contract. With all these players going and third party deals set up by Tinkler's buddies Newcastle are going to be a force in the player market for at least the next 2 years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Kaufusi, Paterson, Rogers, Taufua, Tolar, Ciraldo, De Gois, Lulia, MacDougall, McDonnell, Mika, Naiqama brothers and Southern all will not be at the club next and Zeb Taia could still be forced to retire due to injury. And as far as I knew, you only have to pay the difference of what another club is offering the player, not the entire contract. With all these players going and third party deals set up by Tinkler's buddies Newcastle are going to be a force in the player market for at least the next 2 years.
Do you think third party deals are exempt from the salary cap?

Fingerbang

Bench
Even if they did cut 15 players, and sign 3 top liners on big dollars.....they still need money to pay guys to replace the other 12.

RedVDave

First Grade

In all fairness though I would imagine the only high paid players on that list include, Kaufusi, Patterson & De Gois everyone else would be on a very small wage IMO.

nrlnrl

First Grade
not even Sportsbet would start betting on this topic, Darius Boyd will be playing for the Knights next year - please don't get your hopes up

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
not even Sportsbet would start betting on this topic, Darius Boyd will be playing for the Knights next year - please don't get your hopes up

What the f**k is the problem with people getting their hopes up?

You have every right to say what you want and feel how you feel, but so does everyone else. If everyone in this forum wants to believe that Boyd will stay, so be it. If you're annoyed of people being so confident, click on that little x in the top right hand corner of the page. That'll sort everything out.

possm

Coach
Boyd has had Bennett to turn to for at least 4 years now. Since he joined the Dragons he has grown up and appears to be more self assured. Not just on the field but off the field as well.

At the Dreagons he has made some good friends and enjoyed success with individuals who play for each other. The Dragons senior players are mature, well behaved and very helpful and Boyd feels very comfortable with his current environment.

It was Bennett that brought this level of behavour and committment to the club and he will bring the same to Newcastle.

My opinion is that Boyd wants to stay and will stay if the Dragons upgrade his contract further. Doust would be saying leave the contract as it is for now and we will upgrade it once the new TV rights are sorted.

Boyd's manager will be handling the finance side of things and if he comes up with the goods, Boyd will stay. Mainly because he wants to stay.

It would be a done deal if he could bring is Grandmother down from the Gold Coast to live.

Certainly hope he stays as he is a great fit with the team. On a tangent though as I near retirement I find it rather refreshing that some tough footballer still wants to spend time with his grandmother.

nrlnrl

First Grade
What the f**k is the problem with people getting their hopes up?

You have every right to say what you want and feel how you feel, but so does everyone else. If everyone in this forum wants to believe that Boyd will stay, so be it. If you're annoyed of people being so confident, click on that little x in the top right hand corner of the page. That'll sort everything out.

like you have correctly said, it's a forum & everyone has a right to say what they want

Cagey Mac

Bench
oh i like that cagey, bravo

Shouldn't have started

Boyd by a record unmatched in Prior years and marred only by a six point loss on a Nightingale force winds and driven rain; the Dragons, Young and old, Rien supreme.

Of late we have been running out of Gasnier the end of games and had fans praying for the final Hornby for we conceded another point but Morris required from our opponents if they expect to vanquish the team with the mighty red V.

Some feel that our premiership chances are Soward by Origin commitments but I say no Weyman; I may be a little Green and you’d be Creaghzy to think we’ll escape origin Scott free but we’re very much in the Hunt for a Bennett' Cooper last year’s effort and back to back premierships.

I know that if I had a Peni Tagive for every time I thought we'd win I'd be a serious philanthropist but it's not like we're in a Greenfield position and it will take a Fiendish stroke of luck to deny us in 2011

Cagey Mac

Bench
Thanks Daniel
About ten minutes or less once I started but I'd written something similar a while ago so about half of the names were already in the back of my twisted mind