What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler Resigns

Jackie Treehorn

Juniors
Michael Maguire would go alright. Got the recent head coaching experience, won premierships. Best candidate I can think of if they’re not gonna choose a current head coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Would NSW fans get behind Stick as coach.

A lot has changed since 2012 when he was last in the role.

I don't think he would be as popular to try and rally the state behind him like it was 12 years.

Reflector

Juniors
Farewell Freddy and thanks for the memories.

Some people were critical of you from the day your appointment was announced back in 2017, and any loss brought them out immediately going I told you so, but you gave the NSW Origin team a much needed mental (and I would argue, spiritual) re-set in 2018 - culminating with that initial series win off the back of a gutsy effort to hold Qld out for set after set, despite being a man down for 10 minutes after Jack Bird was binned.

Likewise, the 2019 Decider was an instant classic, and typified the self-belief and determination in the squad. You correctly understood that Origin is different from the NRL, and so requires a different approach in preparing the team for the contest. If it took barefoot training sessions, players meditating and walking to the game, I was all for it. Rather that than a coach who thinks it's just a matter of picking a team, having a few training sessions during the week + media appearances only to be beaten by Passion (TM) and Spirit (TM) on the night.

Unfortunately, an insistence on club combinations over picking the best available, and some eyebrow raising bench selections were your undoing as coach. The first two games of this years' series underlined your time was up. NSW were disjointed and scrappy in Game 1 and never looked like they were truly on top. Game 2 was the most lacklustre performance from a Blues side since you took over, and your claim that you didn't see anything much wrong with it in the post-match probably sealed your fate.

But at least you signed off with a win. Hopefully whoever replaces you fixes the selection blunders that were so evident during your last couple of series, while maintaining a healthy attitude in the NSW camp. Get these two aspects right, and the current crop of NSW players/ emerging Blues should enjoy plenty of success in the coming 5-10 years.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Would NSW fans get behind Stick as coach.

A lot has changed since 2012 when he was last in the role.

I don't think he would be as popular to try and rally the state behind him like it was 12 years.

How would you feel to have another clubs coach popping into Parra's training?

Generalzod

Immortal
A question about the English language when a player accepts a contract he or she will resign accepting the offer, so resigning can mean quitting?

King-Gutho94

Coach
How would you feel to have another clubs coach popping into Parra's training?
They wouldn't learn much.

Plus I am anti-sticky that's why I was it throwing it out there to see what type of support he would get.

You know the Telegraph and Fox will push for sticky to get the job. Because of his passion and him being there mate.

As I said it ain't 2011/2012 anymore a lot has gone under the Bridge then where Ricky I believe wouldn't get as much support as he did back then.

Iamback

Coach
They wouldn't learn much.

Plus I am anti-sticky that's why I was it throwing it out there to see what type of support he would get.

You know the Telegraph and Fox will push for sticky to get the job. Because of his passion and him being there mate.

As I said it ain't 2011/2012 anymore a lot has gone under the Bridge then where Ricky I believe wouldn't get as much support as he did back then.

Ricky would be mentioned due to his friends at Fox sports, There is atleast 6 club coaches before him.

A current Assistant works, a head coach isn't practical

moffla

Bench
Bellamy would be a good choice if he didn’t have club football to solely focus on. Don’t think he’d be keen to do both again.

Llangennech

Juniors
Fittler should have resigned last month. Anyway, Daley to take over for a year with Bellamy taking over in 2025. Bellamy picks his backroom staff, maybe he would stick with Daley on his staff. I like the way Toovey comes across in the media, would like to see him as an assistant to Bellamy. Give Bellamy a three year contract from 2025.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Fittler should have resigned last month. Anyway, Daley to take over for a year with Bellamy taking over in 2025. Bellamy picks his backroom staff, maybe he would stick with Daley on his staff. I like the way Toovey comes across in the media, would like to see him as an assistant to Bellamy. Give Bellamy a three year contract from 2025.
Nah f**k the cheating scumf**k

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah Tooves plz. He's not one of the boys like Daley, Freddy, Joey (as media was suggesting)

Latest posts