What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Tighe: Fraud

K-Man

Bench
Polglase has been shown up defensively on a few occassions. He was so convincingly beaten in that try last night, and it was hardly Gasnier or Hodges he was marking. According to some though, we really need his defence and solidarity :sarcasm:

He even makes easy things look hard. For example, when Kidley threw that nice cut-out pass to set up the try, Polglas'es lack of pace nearly cost us as he struggled to get away from them, then managed to pass inside to keep it going. I think the linebreak was actually handed to him on a silver platter, if it was Uate, Tighe, McManus etc - shut the gate.

AdamT

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
Sorry, I should have said OVER this nuffy.

And just how many tackles has Carmont missed in his time here. About 35% I would estimate. You shouldnt have said OVER you should have said nothing as the only Nuffy here mate is you.

I thought Brad Tighe also had one of his better games this week. Look at his size, he is bound to miss the odd tackle when run over by a stronger opponent.

He offers more of a future than Carmont you Nuffy.

CJKnight

Juniors
I thought Tighe was alot more solid defensively this game. Only really had one brain-snap when he ran at the sideline and got a helping hand... but other than that he had a good game.

Rusty

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
What about Simmons' second try?

He didn't even get steamrolled, he just ran out of the way.

True. He's cost us two tries in the last two games.

RABK

Referee
Most wingers average that, believe it or not.

He's also scored 2 or 3 tries hasn't he.

RABK

Referee
Yet you fail to mention the overlaps he has shut down against the Rabbits, Broncos and Sharks. ;-)

Rusty

Juniors
I'll have to watch the tape again I can't recall him shutting down any overlaps. What I can recall is those teams you mentioned targeting his side of the wing and also a fumbling idiot dropping the ball metres from his try line and showing no urgency to recover it.

Oh and most wingers might average 2 tries but not without attempting to tackle the bloke with the ball.

strewth_mate

Bench
A couple of efforts today show he's probably capable of trying to make something happen when the ball gets spread to him in good enough position, but whether or not it's partly a problem with the structure of our attack and form of the halves, it's taken way too long. You don't spend a third of a season hoping someone will magically start to play well. Sad thing is, he's probably the more creative of our centres, just doesn't run as hard as the Dog.

Alex28

Coach
I kinda thought the same thing Strewth - if he is put into a gap he looks like he'll make some good metres. But is he good enough to step and create a gap? He really is yet to prove that he can do that this year...

If he has this ability - he has to run a bit harder and have a go and back his own ability.

He is improving - I'll say that. However he wouldn't crack First Grade at the majority of NRL clubs.

Jono078

Referee
The people who want him cut dont look at what other options weve got.

Franze - As I said a while ago, in 2005 he was on par with Carmont.

Carmont - Well I dont think any of us would want him in FG at all.

Serc

First Grade
I thought Tighe was pretty decent today, improving every week. Keen to see what he has to offer over the next few rounds.

K-Man

Bench
The premier league backline was absolutely useless yesterday. Tighe is the best option we have at right centre, and he's getting better.

Latest posts