What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith Anasta to the Tigers?

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
My major concern is that Sheens continues to talk up (not recently, but he has done) Benji moving to 1.

Now by simply shuffling the chairs, we might have:

1. Marshall
6. Anasta
7. Moltzen
9. Farah

Im sorry, but that just doesnt impress me much......

Magpies Forever

Juniors
My major concern is that Sheens continues to talk up (not recently, but he has done) Benji moving to 1.

Now by simply shuffling the chairs, we might have:

1. Marshall
6. Anasta
7. Moltzen
9. Farah

Im sorry, but that just doesnt impress me much......

Cant do any worse than the current lot are doing in 2012 so far. Where to from now? That is the question that hopefully some of this potential recruitment is to solve. But, it may just mean some of the options and fringe players we have hung on to are soon gone and sent on their way.

fred95

Juniors
Do you think Sheens would move Marshall from the 6 to make way for Anasta, or could Anasta play 7?

That would be as crazy as putting Todd Carney at fullback to pacify Anasta, If I were sheens I would give Anasta a run in the front row, something we should have done with Braith this year, and the years not over yet so here's hoping.

fred95

Juniors
Same here. I think he could be a real positive signing for the right dollars. Blair could be a good signing for the right dollars but we stuffed that.

The only issue I can see is Sheens selections and paying him overs.

How cheap would you expect him to be ? he's on big coin at the chooks, and he really loves money. anyway good luck with him.

fred95

Juniors
Do you think Sheens would move Marshall from the 6 to make way for Anasta, or could Anasta play 7?

That would be as crazy as putting Todd Carney at fullback to pacify Anasta, If I were sheens I would give Anasta a run in the front row, something we should have done with Braith this year, and the years not over yet so here's hoping.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Geez we seem to be clutching at straws lately with some of the people we are talking about signing.

I don't know whether Anasta, Mason or SBW would fill the void but I know none of them are halfbacks and none of them are going to cart the ball up 15 or 20 times a game, not through the guts of the ruck anyway.

I am not alone in saying this, we all are screaming for a halfback and some good props. I don't know where the half is going to come from, I'd like to see how Humble goes for a full game (and over a few weeks) and I'd like to see a few props with some aggression.

I don't know his status so far as his contract but I've seen Sam Mataora a few times and he looks like he has plenty of potential. Get some players with some mongrel so we are feared.

Look to the future Wests Tigers management....

N.C.

Juniors
Geez we seem to be clutching at straws lately with some of the people we are talking about signing.

I don't know whether Anasta, Mason or SBW would fill the void but I know none of them are halfbacks and none of them are going to cart the ball up 15 or 20 times a game, not through the guts of the ruck anyway.

I am not alone in saying this, we all are screaming for a halfback and some good props. I don't know where the half is going to come from, I'd like to see how Humble goes for a full game (and over a few weeks) and I'd like to see a few props with some aggression.

I don't know his status so far as his contract but I've seen Sam Mataora a few times and he looks like he has plenty of potential. Get some players with some mongrel so we are feared.

Look to the future Wests Tigers management....
Absolutely agree. I am firmly of the view that you can't blood a rookie halfback while Marshall and Farah in the team, no matter how good you think they can be. We need someone who knows how and when to pull rank in that position.

As for props, well... D'you reckon we could make a play for someone like Gibbs or Fifita some time in the next couple of years? Nothing special, but at least they know what their job is!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gibbs wouldn't come back after the way he was treated last year.

I wouldn't blame him either.

We lost mroe than a prop, he was the heart of the place. Its no surprise things are shit for us and apples for the Sharks at the moment.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not sure what to think of this one. He has two things I like: a good long kicking game, and plenty of ticker.

I've always thought he's copped a bad wrap, never been a bad player. Perhaps overrated at the start of his career but he has played for Australia and NSW so he is no mug.

I just don't understand where he will play. Five-eighth with Marshall at 7 (not like he isn't a 7 already anyway)? Or lock?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd see him playing as a roving lock

Hino into the back row to fill Ellis's departure

That's set us back a bit I'm sure.

We need a halfback and a prop ffs

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He would be a better option than Moltzen in the halves, that's for sure.

I think Hino will be moved on at the end of this year. Probably to England.

TimmyB

Juniors
He seems like a quality human being to me. I think he'll bring a lot of leadership to the team. The question is where the hell will he play for us? I'm very happy if he plays lock. If he's in the halves, less so.

Latest posts