What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith fits in Roosters cap???

JamesWebster's#1fan said:
This just up more emphasis on my point. How come the Rorters can do what other clubs cannot?

The Roosters have lost more quality players to the salary cap, and let go more quality players, than any other club over the last four or five seasons.

Barnett
Lam
Bonetti
Mullins
Widders
Sing
Cusack
Heggarty
Solomona
Barnhill
Byrne
Andrew Walker
Fletcher
Fittler
Crocker
Green
Lomu
Hodges
Grothe

And that's just the obvious ones.

So don't tell me the cap isn't biting.

Vicious

Bench
Renowned League Expert said:
The Roosters have lost more quality players to the salary cap, and let go more quality players, than any other club over the last four or five seasons.

Barnett
Lam
Bonetti
Mullins
Widders
Sing
Cusack
Heggarty
Solomona
Barnhill
Byrne
Andrew Walker
Fletcher
Fittler
Crocker
Green
Lomu
Hodges
Grothe

And that's just the obvious ones.

So don't tell me the cap isn't biting.

99.9% of those players were not lost, they were no longer wanted!
Everytime they have whinged about having to lose a player, they have signed a more high profile replacement!!!

Fairfax

Juniors
Vicious said:
If they produced or found some home grown talent, i couldn`t care less if they had a 10 million cap, but when they constantly want to bleed other sides dry, it becomes beyond a joke. I`ve already provided a list of figures that puts each and every player on the bare minimum they would be earning and none of you trying to defend the Roosters have yet to make a valid point as to who on my list could even possibly be earning less than what i listed???

The bottom line is that the Roosters will not win a comp in the near future in any case as you have far too many sooks in your side and you`ve just added another 2 in Ash Harrison and Braith Anasta!!!

Ryan Cross & Luke Ricketson are Roosters juniors. Melbourne won the comp over the cap and without any juniors in 1999 and your point is?

I could take your list, take a zero off each figure you provided and present it but it would be the same as yours. An opinion with no basis in fact.

You're the one who claimed to know exactly what Souths and Canberra offered certain players. I've asked you to provide some indication that you were offering something based on fact, but you ran away from that challenge like you were running from good taste.

You're just big noting yourself on a bulletin board, when we all know that you know nothing at all. Just another forum blowhard.

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
Ryan Cross & Luke Ricketson are Roosters juniors. Melbourne won the comp over the cap and without any juniors in 1999 and your point is?

I could take your list, take a zero off each figure you provided and present it but it would be the same as yours. An opinion with no basis in fact.

You're the one who claimed to know exactly what Souths and Canberra offered certain players. I've asked you to provide some indication that you were offering something based on fact, but you ran away from that challenge like you were running from good taste.

You're just big noting yourself on a bulletin board, when we all know that you know nothing at all. Just another forum blowhard.

You don`t have to be Einstein to work out that both the Rabbitohs and Raiders would have plenty of money to spend in the cap and they made it well known they were making big offers to these players i suggested, yet they reportedly signed with the Roosters for approximately 40% less??? You keep believing that.

Fairfax

Juniors
Vicious said:
You don`t have to be Einstein to work out that both the Rabbitohs and Raiders would have plenty of money to spend in the cap and they made it well known they were making big offers to these players i suggested, yet they reportedly signed with the Roosters for approximately 40% less??? You keep believing that.

Figures? Source?

Thought so.

You keep trying though.

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
Figures? Source?

Thought so.

You keep trying though.

My figures come from commom knowledge of what a player of their capabilities is worth. You prove me wrong Einstein???

Fairfax

Juniors
Mate, since I am now your new owner i'm going to have to let you go and test your value on the open market.

And with your contacts, i'm sure you're going to fetch me a high price.

:)

m0j0

Bench
Earl said:
Yes but Newcastle have spent $1 million on Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus.

Add to that Kirk Reynoldson on 240, and players like Josh Perry, Matt Gidley, Mark Hughes & Steve Simpson who would all be on big contracts.

Thats 7 players, and I don't think there would be much more than $1 million left at the club.

$1M for 18 players = approx. $55K each. That's just not possible. They must be well over the cap. Oh wait a minute, we're not talking about the Roosters. Must be OK then. It's obvious that the Roosters are well over and every other club is clean. :rolleyes:

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
Mate, since I am now your new owner i'm going to have to let you go and test your value on the open market.

And with your contacts, i'm sure you're going to fetch me a high price.

:)

Money can`t buy you love brother, just like it won`t buy the Roosters a premiership!!!

Vicious said:
99.9% of those players were not lost, they were no longer wanted!
Everytime they have whinged about having to lose a player, they have signed a more high profile replacement!!!

No longer wanted, my arse. We would have liked to have kept 90% of them.

Who have we signed over the last 5 years?

2001 - Morley
2002 - Mullins, Cayless, Robinson, Hodges
2003 - Finch, Catic, Payton, Walker (mid season)
2004 - Lester

Now balance that against the players we have lost.

m0j0

Bench
atomic_crimson said:
are not the roosters still paying 100k from firmans salary? whilst the cowboys fit the other 70k?

Who cares if we're paying him $300,000 a year to be at the Cowboys? He's not playing in our top 25, therefore he doesn't count towards the cap.

Vicious said:
My figures come from commom knowledge of what a player of their capabilities is worth. You prove me wrong Einstein???

He doesn't have to he is not brandishing any figures around it is you who needs to prove your figures are right. I'd suggest asking Uncle Nick at Easts Leagues for a copy of everyone's contracts. Tell him you're to post them on a website I'm sure he'll understand.

Vicious

Bench
m0j0 said:
Who cares if we're paying him $300,000 a year to be at the Cowboys? He's not playing in our top 25, therefore he doesn't count towards the cap.

I hate to tell you, but they do still count! The difference between what the Cowboys are paying and what the Roosters were paying him still does have to count towards the cap!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Vicious said:
I hate to tell you, but they do still count! The difference between what the Cowboys are paying and what the Roosters were paying him still does have to count towards the cap!

Yep he's right, Parra are still paying 100k to Dykes under the cap because Cronulla signed him for 100k less than what he was on for us.

m0j0

Bench
Yeah, my bad. I was thinking of if he was not in our top 25 highest paid. Then again, the way some of you are carrying on, if we're paying him $100K, he wouldn't be in our top 25 anyway. ;-)

Horrie

Juniors
Blah blah blah. Another roosters bashing thread. Parra have spent big money on the comp this year and have recruited approx 36 players in the last three years.

Go the roosters.I love them win or lose.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Horrie said:
Blah blah blah. Another roosters bashing thread. Parra have spent big money on the comp this year and have recruited approx 36 players in the last three years.

Go the roosters.I love them win or lose.

Almost half of what the Roosters have recruited :eek:

Latest posts