What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith

Canard

Immortal
He’s just not 850k per year player. Maybe he could be if he got super fit I’m not sure, I’ve always thought he looked most dangerous tacking hit ups not playing out of hooker.

I reckon he’s a really good short stint player. Can really impact games in that role.

He might get through 60 mins as a starting 9 but he’s well and truly gassed after 15-20 hard minutes and he’s just hanging on not impacting games much.
He is a half decent edge forward coming off the bench, who can spell your hooker at a pinch.

That's nor marquee salary stuff though.

The Roosters thought he was their next Teddy or Cronk.

Reckon we were looking for another Friend, who is yet to be adequately replaced.

I still remember all those Roosters fans who reckoned Sam Verrills was so good he'd put Friend out of a job after Verrills performance in the 2019 Grand Final. I said they'd regret it if anything happened to Friend long term as he was much better that they realised for our club.

I still remember all those Roosters fans who reckoned Sam Verrills was so good he'd put Friend out of a job after Verrills performance in the 2019 Grand Final. I said they'd regret it if anything happened to Friend long term as he was much better that they realised for our club.
Really? Some thought that despite Sam having bones made of Styrofoam?

Reckon we were looking for another Friend, who is yet to be adequately replaced.

The point is valid though, they thought they were getting a gun player which anyone that followed Melbourne knew Smith was no gun hooker.

The point someone made above is 100% true with Smith after his initial 20 minute stint Smith is completely gassed and he can't impact the game in any way what so ever, just holding in there doing the basic requirements of the job.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Seems pretty immature. Needs a Wayne or Bellamy to keep him on the straight and narrow. I'd kill for some quality at 9(and I think he is capable of being a great 9) but don't think Sticky could sort him out.

The point is valid though, they thought they were getting a gun player which anyone that followed Melbourne knew Smith was no gun hooker.

The point someone made above is 100% true with Smith after his initial 20 minute stint Smith is completely gassed and he can't impact the game in any way what so ever, just holding in there doing the basic requirements of the job.
I’m not arguing that wasn’t the case, we weren’t looking for a Teddy type gun but a Friendy type one instead, and yes Friend was a gun at least to Easts supporters

blue bags

First Grade
His a bit a laraken clown about Guy
Give him the a part in the leadership group
Maybe captain later on

simmo05

Bench
Is cheese the alleged pokie fiend? Is that why his team mates are throwing him under the bus?

Latest posts