What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

breaking news; Rangi Chase

deluded pom?

Coach
Another fecking joke from the McNanamara/Carr book of comedy. There's also a rumour that McNamara approached Matt King about declaring for England too. I've had it with the so called elite nations. They can have each other, scrambling around to get whoever they can to commit to them regardless of the image of the game it portrays. A joke of a sport administered by full time comedians.

shiznit

Coach
maori is a racial team...not a national team
that depends on your definition of nation... World Book Dictionary states that a nation can refer to “a people, race, or tribe; those having the same descent, language, and history.”

so Maori would fit that description...

either way... im not in favor of Maori getting a spot in the world cup or anything.... but im pointing out that turning out for Maori shouldnt be brushed aside too quickly.

not that any of it truly matters... chase was always a squad player at best.

if England seriously need him... that shows how bad England are going...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha another one huh. Good luck to him, I thought he might have got a spot if he was lucky in the Kiwis squad but no huge loss. I'm guessing he will start for England?

shiznit

Coach
Haha another one huh. Good luck to him, I thought he might have got a spot if he was lucky in the Kiwis squad but no huge loss. I'm guessing he will start for England?
no doubt... hes probably captain, coach and bus driver too... :lol:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
No offense to the guy but it will be good to see Matulino and Smith roll over the top of him now.

Shorty

Staff member
Who who currently plays 5/8th is better than Benji?
Please, Lockyer is the best 5/8 in the game.
But, honestly, I'm not going to bother with you, I've seen a couple of your posts already and they're Gaba worthy for bias.

Didgi

Hmm, Kiwi fans attacking England when it was apparently Chase that approached McNamara. Says a lot for the draw of playing for NZ.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
But, honestly, I'm not going to bother with you, I've seen a couple of your posts already and they're Gaba worthy for bias.

Lol you serious? Fair enough but I don't think that many would agree with you.

RedVee

First Grade
Rangi qualifying for England on residency does not affect one iota him having Maori heritage.

hutch

First Grade

I don't think anyone would seriously think Lockyer is a better player than benji at this stage in his career. Living legend and is still a great player, but he is winding down his career and benji's is at it's peak!

Shorty

Staff member
Not everyone is a one eyed Queenslander/Aussie? Benji overtook Lockyer this season.
I'm not one eyed, I just don't think Benji Marshall is that good.
The guy scored a try off a shanked drop kick and thought it a good idea to run on the last when leading with 2 minutes to go ffs, many people might lactate over Marshall, I don't.

Lockyer isn't showy and yes, winding down, but his class still shines through in big games.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Good on you for picking out the poor play in the finals and ignoring his whole regular season. All I know is that I'm stoked with our halves combo for the four nations.

Shorty

Staff member
Good on you for picking out two plays in the finals. All I know is that I'm stoked with our halves combo for the four nations.
That was an example, he plays a high risk game and when it pays off he's phenomenal but it's a rather erratic playing style to have.
I'll concede that he's the most in form 5/8.

Indelible

Juniors
I don't see the big deal here, we've been picking players born outside of aus for years. We had better drop Thurston, Thaiday etc because they have played for the Aboriginal All Stars???

This is good for international league, as long as he sticks with the team, makes for a better comp!

Latest posts