What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

breaking news; Rangi Chase

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Good on him, he wasn't a chance in the Kiwis anyway. At least next time England play in NZ Rangi wont have to pay for his ticket home (very frugal is Rangi). He is very smart no doubt he would have seen Johnsons rise in the last few weeks and knew he had no chance and ditched the Kiwis plans just as he did the NRL. The guys another Ben Roberts except Ben Roberts has a kicking game.

If only you would pick Leuluai....

Skinner

Coach
Please, Lockyer is the best 5/8 in the game.
But, honestly, I'm not going to bother with you, I've seen a couple of your posts already and they're Gaba worthy for bias.

You're on to him Shorty....you go girl :D

Didgi

:lol: Given NZ and Australia's recent histories with poaching players left right and centre, our fans can hardly give it to England...

rangi chase has just won the man of steel award too

l

Man of steel, heart of straw.

If he doesnt make the final squad will he turn out for Wales?

"I admit, playing for England was my always my dream when i was young, but now Ive grown up and I'm hundred percent committed to fufilling my dream of playing international football.... errr I mean pulling on the Red jersey. It is red isnt it? Ah screw it, im just in it for a couple of free feeds, a warm bed and a new training kit"

:lol: Given NZ and Australia's recent histories with poaching players left right and centre, our fans can hardly give it to England...

More giving it to Rangi to be fair, and the clowns that let the likes of Chase, Heightington, Fein, Tuiaki, Moi Moi, cutie, Uate etc treat the international game like a joke.

Chase is one of the more blatant cases of recent times - 4 months ago he's talking about fufilling his life long dream of playing for the kiwis, a few months later and hes scrubbing McNamara's back in the shower.

roughyedspud

Coach
it was a joke?? oh right sorry....if yo don't mind i'll place you behind the german in the funny rankings

Iafeta

Referee
Hmm, Kiwi fans attacking England when it was apparently Chase that approached McNamara. Says a lot for the draw of playing for NZ.

Draw for playing for the country suggests you had a chance of playing for the country. He was behind a number of halves (Marshall, Foran, Johnson, I dare say probably Fien and Leuluai as well) so he chose to take the cheap option. It had nothing to do with the 'draw' at all, thats drawing a very long bow.

Iafeta

Referee
Doesn't say anthing really. Simply says that Chase lived in England long enough to identify and develop a bond with the country. Either that or he's taking the easy way out. Either way it doesn't say anything about the drawing power of the Kiwis.

Maybe ask the number of guys who could represent either NZ or Australia but are choosing NZ what they think of the Kiwi's pulling power.

Didgi will be going into meltdown. You used words that aren't monosyllables.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
In all seriousness as a Kiwi who cares? He wanted to take the easy road and play for England good on him, he was never going to be a starting half for us while he can for them. Says good things about our halves.

it was a joke?? oh right sorry....if yo don't mind i'll place you behind the german in the funny rankings

I hear Jerry Seinfeld has been living in England for the past 3 years. Perhaps you can draft him in as your comedy advisor.

Im sorry spud, I really am. This must be very hard for you after gnashing your teeth for so long about those dastardly kiwis robbing the islands, and then the mighty White and Reds turn around and pull a stunt like this? A whole competition to yourselves, and you still can't pull together a 20 man squad of actual englishmen?

Perhaps to ensure the future of English rugby league you should be sending out scouts to the Toyota Cup pronto? Get 'em while their young spuddy boy.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
that was brutal what the kiwis did too cutie.........loved it :lol:

What was even better was Frankie Pritchard told him to watch his back...then Big Frank the Tank KO him:D

Seriously though, will Chase even get a look in? I mean Gareth Widdop has been in stunning form at stand off for the Storm this year.

I couldnt really see chase getting a match....maybe against Wales:crazy:

blukablu

Juniors
How is this any different to the Kiwi's picking Fein? At least Rangi Chase waited the three years.

After watching the video of him talking about the decision I really feel sorry for the guy. He's obviously lost as a human being, and has no idea who he is. He also sounds like he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

"I probly have to uuhmm prove to my team mates and everyone else...that i'm real genuine bout this decision...which I am, I spoke to the coach".

"It first came about by gettin in touch with the coach...but ahh I thought it was 5 years til I had to wait...cos when I first got over *rubs nose like a true hori* for some reason i thought it was 5. So i thought man I have to wait 5 years. And ahhmm I was speaking to a bloke Mick Robinson...Robertson...He's a friend of mine. He first got me over here to this country to start playing for Cas umm and we were speakin bout it the other week, and I said umm.................ya know.......(long pause as if to suggest he's not sure about what he's about to say)..........I'd reprsent England if I had the chance but it's just waiting 5 years and he was like "mate you don't have to wait 5 years it's 3 years" - he's austraylian. And I said..."Is it?"...and he said "Yeah mate, I can get in contact with Steve right now if you want. Just to let him know" ..and I said "oh yeah...if you can..if that's alright."

LMFAO this is pure comedy.

Did he also say "elocate to different places"

Latest posts