What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Tates career maybe over

carcharias

Immortal
basic humanity/empathy maybe?

Ahole.

I don't know the bloke
I don't follow his team

I don't care if he got hurt.

Why is this so shocking?

I didn't boo
I was glad he went off though .

I wanted the blues to win.
I was also happy to cronk go off hurt in game 1.

It's nothing personal about the bloke
I just don't give a f**k about qlders.

axl rose

Bench
Decent career by Roger Ramjet. Lockyers predictable second man plays out to Tate vs Warriors were always fun to watch. Tough guy.

footy75

Bench
Damm hope this isn't true..he deserved a good crack at the finals this year with the Cowboys. Good bloke, had terrible luck with injuries.

Big Pete

Referee
He has only brought it up of late as he got his nose out of joint about Tate having a cry after game 1.

Apples and apples I believe - 2 acts that resulted in ZERO injury to either player. But nice try by you to deflect the issue.

Which incident had the more potential to cause injury? The pulled punch which was more or less the same facial you see in a lot of tackles or a dangerous tackle that paralysed a player not that long ago? Considering Tate's history of serious neck problems he had every right to speak up.

The fact is Bird is still complaining about it, he didn't have to bring it up a 2 year old incident, but he did and he complained about it after the game too comparing it to the Jennings punch from Game 1.

It's neither here nor there. My point was that people bring the Origin 3 2012 incident up all the time and misrepresent it.

Dutchy

Immortal
Considering Tate's history of serious neck problems he had every right to speak up.

Not at the time, no he didn't. Coaches and players aren't supposed to comment in the media about open judiciary cases. He was trying to alter the result and get Reynolds suspended.

Big Pete

Referee
You're right, they're not supposed to but considering the circumstances you could hardly blame him. The way some fans have used it as a crutch to celebrate what could be a career ending injury is seriously deluded and the mocking he copped for it was poor form.

natheel

Coach
I'll be honest I can't stand the guy. Grub of a player but NSW has some grubs too and no one deserves to go out like this especially when they have given so much to the game. Very good for qld ever time he's picked

Canard

Immortal
Not at the time, no he didn't. Coaches and players aren't supposed to comment in the media about open judiciary cases. He was trying to alter the result and get Reynolds suspended.

That's your view on his comments. Is it hard to believe he was just giving an honest opinion?

It was only when Danny Weilder claimed this BS that it started getting traction.

Which incident had the more potential to cause injury? The pulled punch which was more or less the same facial you see in a lot of tackles or a dangerous tackle that paralysed a player not that long ago? Considering Tate's history of serious neck problems he had every right to speak up.

The fact is Bird is still complaining about it, he didn't have to bring it up a 2 year old incident, but he did and he complained about it after the game too comparing it to the Jennings punch from Game 1.

It's neither here nor there. My point was that people bring the Origin 3 2012 incident up all the time and misrepresent it.

I've watch that punch a number of times today and I wouldn't say he "pulled it". The more accurate statement was he steadied himself mid punch to make sure he connected because there wasn't much of Birds head available to punch at the time.

And you know what, Tate was entitled to throw it because of the grub tactics in the tackle. But to say he pulled it is bending the truth a little IMO.

Always thought Tate was a Merkin, but like a number of merkins (Bird included) is rather them be in my team, rather than playing against my team.

I don't know the bloke
I don't follow his team

I don't care if he got hurt.

Why is this so shocking?

I didn't boo
I was glad he went off though .

I wanted the blues to win.
I was also happy to cronk go off hurt in game 1.

It's nothing personal about the bloke
I just don't give a f**k about qlders.

yep just about sums it up Carch......he is only a Filthy Queenslander, if he comes back well and good if he does not, have a good life and don't let the door hit in the arse on the way out

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I did not hear anyone booing him.
Nor did I, probably never happened. But cut the Qlders a little slack... they're upset. Easy to blame all of NSW for their misery.

When Tate went down I thought it looked bad, but this was a tough game in a tough comp in a tough sport. Injuries will happen. Good luck to him.

Tate is tough as well. But it seems that some Qlders are ready to write him off, and no doubt they'll add it to their list of grievances.