What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brett morris injured

TheRev

Coach
The line wasn't open. There were two cover defenders in his path.

Fair enough, I couldnt see from the TV angle, but he was certainly in open space, and I would back his finishing ability from there....

I'm dissapointed for him because you almost didn't know he was on the field until that 1 moment he had to shine.. maybe its the nature of the way NSW are playing footy, I saw very little of Gordon either.. But if nightingale had been playing, id think he would be getting much more involved 'somehow'.

With QLD, the Wingers werent massively involved, but I did see a few good balls to Boyd, and kicks to Folau, but perhaps that was more the fact that QLD were attacking our line so often, that they had that opportunity.. dunno.

TheRev

Coach
Gasnier will help us cover some of these injuries (until he gets injured which is inevitable), id play:

1) Boyd
2) Fai Fai Loa
3) Stanley
4) Gasnier
5) Nightingale

and that still leaves Scott & Lett to cover further injury, or Scott can play off the bench or something.. speaking of Scott, he was solid defensively I thought last night, and with a few origin games under his belt he seemed to make just the 1 dumb/aggro mistake, giving away a penalty on slater, which is a vast improvement over his 1st game, but there were definitely a few times where the ball found him in open space, and it was a real shame not to have someone with some speed & foot-work...

Guess you cant have it all.. well Cooper does at full fitness/form, but even he had 2 bad games for NSW this year :-/

big pat

Coach
the thing that sh*ts me is, cooper came back fromm injury, and was killing it at st george, then those moronic selectors,pick him for origin, well you know the rest, at 31 i think coopers origin days were well behind him, stick with the young guys, perseverance will pay off.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Injury toll is becoming a bit of a concern.

Have a lot of tough games coming up. As long as they finish in the top 2 with everyone back from injury in time for the finals we'll be in a good position.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Gasnier will help us cover some of these injuries (until he gets injured which is inevitable), id play:

1) Boyd
2) Fai Fai Loa
3) Stanley
4) Gasnier
5) Nightingale

and that still leaves Scott & Lett to cover further injury, or Scott can play off the bench or something.. speaking of Scott, he was solid defensively I thought last night, and with a few origin games under his belt he seemed to make just the 1 dumb/aggro mistake, giving away a penalty on slater, which is a vast improvement over his 1st game, but there were definitely a few times where the ball found him in open space, and it was a real shame not to have someone with some speed & foot-work...

Guess you cant have it all.. well Cooper does at full fitness/form, but even he had 2 bad games for NSW this year :-/

Scott will never be off the bench. He still will be in the centre's for us at the moment, we need his defense, especially with all the injuries we have.

TheRev

Coach
Scott will never be off the bench. He still will be in the centre's for us at the moment, we need his defense, especially with all the injuries we have.

Quite possible.. but where will you play Stanley from? Could be the Wing to cover Morris's injury, but sooner or later Scott needs to move out of the centres, whether its to make room for Cooper, Gasnier or Stanley.

Against Souths next week, it's possible Gasnier will start from the bench again, with Scott at 4), and then Scott moves into the forwards after 35minutes, to make room for Gasnier.... but I reckon Gasnier is ready enough to start next game, with 2 more weeks of training due to the bye.

But training isnt enough on its own, he needs real game-time, to get his nervousness out of him, he needs 2 chillax a bit!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
That said, 1-2 games is probably 2 games because they will err on the side of caution with our key tryscorer, and if he misses two games, that means he returns in 3.5 weeks for the Round 21 game given we have the R19 bye. So the '4 week' call by the paper was pretty much on the money.

Bring back choc

Juniors
We have the bye this week. He'll be ok. If he missed a couple of games then so be it.
He had a terrible origin series. Probably hurt his confidence. A little stint on the sidelines may do him some good.

Agree the injuries are not ideal. We have come back to the pack slightly, but not overly concerned.

ministry

Juniors
really hope that he only misses one game as we are coming from nz to see them play the titans in two weeks and would really prefer he played there but what can ya do, glad that he isnt too bad. bloody origin, cooper and morris hurt and they didnt win the series, nuts. any idea when cooper might be back

_Johnsy

Referee
I realised I'll probably get flamed for this but,

I would not mind dropping a few games over the next 4-6 weeks. It would take a bit of wind out of the media driven "blow warm wind up the dragons ass" campaign that has gathered some steam.

3rd-4th would do me, and hit top gear 2 weeks out from finals.

Flame away.......................................

watatank

Coach

thommo4pm

Coach
I realised I'll probably get flamed for this but,

I would not mind dropping a few games over the next 4-6 weeks. It would take a bit of wind out of the media driven "blow warm wind up the dragons ass" campaign that has gathered some steam.

3rd-4th would do me, and hit top gear 2 weeks out from finals.

Flame away.......................................

Not going to get stuck into you mate.
It would give the media more motivation to get the choking line back out if that was to happen.

Cooper-Man

Bench
not sure if it had been mentioned, but the footy show said the club doctor confirmed its not a medial damage, its just a strain and could play against souths, but definalty the week after,