What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brett morris injured

USDragon

Juniors
But after ending his first Origin without a four-pointer, Morris said he was looking forward to returning for the Dragons' looming finals campaign.
"It's not the way you want to finish the series, definitely not," he said. "But in saying that, I can go back to the Dragons now and that's my main focus."
Doesn't sound like he is trying to get a release to go to the Dogs, does it?:cool::sarcasm:

Cagey Mac

Bench
I did a slow-motion view of BMoz’s knock-on
He was running flat out and the ball was in front and dropping his own knees got in the way of him taking a good catch. The fact that the only clean ball he got was off Hayne illustrates IMO how poorly our team was built with halves that don’t distribute

I really think all the Blues needs is more go-forward and though I hate to say it, Jamie Soward, who’s tracer-like passes in both directions and his accurate kicking game are unsurpassed in the NRL.

Having fast players out wide is a waste of time if we don’t get the ball to them. Morris looked like a shag on rock most of the time.

Godz Illa

Coach
I realised I'll probably get flamed for this but,

I would not mind dropping a few games over the next 4-6 weeks. It would take a bit of wind out of the media driven "blow warm wind up the dragons ass" campaign that has gathered some steam.

3rd-4th would do me, and hit top gear 2 weeks out from finals.

Flame away.......................................
I agree ... with God-King Dean's post. You've always been afraid of hype Johnsy. Harden up. If we let the media or fear of the media affect the way we operate we've already lost

40Twenty

Juniors
The media will bring out the chokers tag regardless of what we do, unless we win every game from here till the end of the year (which we won't).
Ignore the media, follow our form. If the players are having a dig then we'll be contending when it counts and that's all that matters.

big pat

Coach
I realised I'll probably get flamed for this but,

I would not mind dropping a few games over the next 4-6 weeks. It would take a bit of wind out of the media driven "blow warm wind up the dragons ass" campaign that has gathered some steam.

3rd-4th would do me, and hit top gear 2 weeks out from finals.

Flame away.......................................

would you like charcoal or flame grill with your order.:lol:

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Heres hoping for a speedy recovery and the champion is back out on the field....I can't wait to see that backline fire with Morris, Cooper, Gasnier, Nightingale and Boyd in it. A team that plays the Dragons in about a months time is going to get a cricket score run up against them.

MightyRedV04

Juniors
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/.../morris-relieved-injury-is-minor/1880584.aspx

Morris relieved injury is minor

Limping like a wounded animal as the beast that is Queensland's attack charged at him, NSW winger Brett Morris feared his season might be over.

Morris was helpless to stop Willie Tonga's try in the final throes before full-time, propping on one leg while the Maroons put the finishing touch on a series whitewash at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday night.

With the Queensland party already underway, Morris was slumped on the ground thinking his premiership dream with St George Illawarra this year might be over.

"Yeah, I was, I haven't really had too many knee injuries," he said.

"So I was a bit worried."

The 22-year-old sat on a massage table in the ANZ Stadium dressing sheds in the aftermath of Wednesday's 23-18 loss, receiving treatment from the NSW medical staff when he received the best news he had heard all night.

The Kiama flyer had suffered a grade two medial ligament tear in his left leg, but would be sidelined for only four weeks.

"It turned out as the best case scenario," Morris said. "I'll have a bit of time off and give it some rehab and I don't really want to rush it too much.

"I've had a big year so far, over the last two years really, so it could be a blessing in disguise to be fresh for the finals."

Morris has scored 14 tries in as many games this year, but only three in the past six weeks.

The pain of his injury only added to the bitter disappointment of dropping Jarryd Hayne's pass when a try beckoned in the 58th minute.

But after ending his first Origin without a four-pointer, Morris said he was looking forward to returning for the Dragons' looming finals campaign.

"It's not the way you want to finish the series, definitely not," he said.

"But in saying that, I can go back to the Dragons now and that's my main focus."

Morris has already earmarked the clash against the Roosters at the SCG on August 8 for his return.

He is likely to be replaced by Kalifa Fai Fai Loa for next Friday's showdown against traditional and top-eight rivals South Sydney.

The 20-year-old has impressed in his two NRL starts this year and scored a double in St George Illawarra's loss to Penrith.

saints_fireup

Juniors
Kalifa will fill the void quite comfortably.

I agree with Johnsy in that a few losses over the coming weeks certainly won't be terminal. It would be preferably to our losing run into the finals last year. Mind you, it's not the necessity to lose which is the issue, but the relative 'freshness' and fitness of our players come finals time.

Anth2232

Bench
Who is telling the truth, the club doctor saying up to 2 games and a strain, or the Illawarra Mercury saying 4 weeks and a tear???

_Johnsy

Referee
Godz,

Not afraid of hype, justthe dark. It makes me feel a tad uncomfortable when everyone is one the bandwagon (including the media) I dont remember Melbourne ever getting the same level of adulation.

Pat,
Make it both mate.