What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris - the most likeable player in the NRL era?

typicalfan

Coach
Look at injuries in general since the re-start of the 2020 season.

It is the speed of the game. The players have said it, the clubs have said it and the injuries will keep piling up.
I think it comes back to the Roosters being on top for so long. Back in the mid 2000s the Roosters players started breaking down after their strong run as well. I think it's just signs that the era is moving to a rebuild although the Roosters look well set for their next generation.

morley101

Juniors
Verrills, Radley and Keary were very similar ( changing direction whilst trying to stop), Both Collins and
Morris were innocuous tackles where their legs got caught moving the wrong direction. Its one of those things nothing to do with speed of the game or the surface of the ground.

Valheru

Coach
I think it comes back to the Roosters being on top for so long. Back in the mid 2000s the Roosters players started breaking down after their strong run as well. I think it's just signs that the era is moving to a rebuild although the Roosters look well set for their next generation.

That's probably valid int he case of B-Moz and maybe Keary but the other 3 (Verrils, Rads and Collins) are in the first few years of their careers.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Verrills, Radley and Keary were very similar ( changing direction whilst trying to stop), Both Collins and
Morris were innocuous tackles where their legs got caught moving the wrong direction. Its one of those things nothing to do with speed of the game or the surface of the ground.

You don't reckon fatigue from increased intensity is a factor?

typicalfan

Coach
From memory didn't they all do their ACL's quite early in the game?
It's not about just that game it's the ongoing intensity of training and going out and delivering that 10-15% extra round after round for a few years. Some may just be accidents whereas guys like Keary, Cordner, Friend, Morris even Radley could be the result of years of higher intensity.

typicalfan

Coach
That's probably valid int he case of B-Moz and maybe Keary but the other 3 (Verrils, Rads and Collins) are in the first few years of their careers.
Yes but in the case of Collins and Radley they have increased their minutes and output. Particularly Collins who is playing more minutes and the extras like origin, shorter offseason etc.

T-Boon

Coach
What training style are you thinking is going to result in 5 ACLs in 12 months?

I think we had 1 from 2013 to 2019.

Maybe they are commited to being too big for the modern game. Get smaller. Do less weights. The players union should tell the game to ban clubs doing 25 gym sessions per week.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It's not about just that game it's the ongoing intensity of training and going out and delivering that 10-15% extra round after round for a few years. Some may just be accidents whereas guys like Keary, Cordner, Friend, Morris even Radley could be the result of years of higher intensity.
Seems to be a roosters thing...

Other clubs don't have so many acls going.

You don't reckon fatigue from increased intensity is a factor?

Radley and Verrills ACL's were because of the Bankwest surface - remember they said there was nothing wrong with the surface and it had been inspected and passed as fit to play on. Then a short time later( a week or so) they ended up pulling up all the grass and relaying new grass/turf.

They love a good milk, appealing to the refs etc after playing the ball. I'm sure I could dig up multiple examples if I tried but honestly couldn't be bothered. It's just that they're so widely loved by the rugby league media that a lot of it goes unnoticed. Certainly not questioning his/their ability.

Your kidding "they love a good milk" and "sooks" -- the blokes had a stellar career in the NRL/NSW and Australia and you post that nonsense - no examples cause you have none - gees are you related to Statler and Waldorf by chance

684e0610cdbd5b96d1a862eb45712b4f.gif

Voice of reason...

Latest posts