What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

nqcowboy87

Bench
Brett Stewart trial starts

* September 13, 2010 10:46AM

MANLY NRL fullback Brett Stewart has arrived in court for the start of his trial on charges of sexual assault.

The trial, in the District Court, is expected to take three weeks.

It will be the first time Stewart has faced his accuser since the night of the alleged offence, which happened after the Manly season launch on March 6, 2009.

It is alleged Stewart sexually assaulted a then 17-year-old girl near her home.

Stewart has barely played since the alleged assault, having suffered a succession of serious knee injuries.

The Sea Eagles star was expected to be heavily supported by family, friends and teammates at court.

its taken its sweet ass time. im not sure how the legal system works but hes been injured for the entire year why not just bring the case forward

LazyDreamer

Bench
i wonder if these Manly babes will be there again?

3e9618e7447952c10e24573a9ef58d01_resized.jpg

So they're protesting Snake's innocence because in the past they've offered him sexual favours & he's knocked 'em back each time?

Eels Dude

Coach
its taken its sweet ass time. im not sure how the legal system works but hes been injured for the entire year why not just bring the case forward

That's how it works for serious crimes. After the initial processes the prosecution and the defence need time to build their cases and often stall it. It's got nothing to do with him being available or unavailable for the most part of the year.

Timbo

Staff member

The timing of the case wouldn't really depend on whether or not he was free to play footy.

adamkungl

Immortal
Brett Stewart's Lawyer: I rest my case.
Judge: You rest your case?
Lawyer: Oh, no. I thought that was just an expression. Case closed!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And he's also the guy who's currently on sexual assault, digital penetration and intercourse without consent charges.

Just sayin'

Noa

First Grade
He's also the guy that didn't cost Australia the world cup by passing the ball to the Kiwis on his own goal-line.

Hmmmm stupid pass or charged for rape........really tough choice for what id rather have on my resume.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hmmmm stupid pass or charged for rape........really tough choice for what id rather have on my resume.

If Stewart is found guilty then he deserves whatever punishment he gets... but simostorm's arrogance deserves to be ridiculed.