What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

coolumsharkie

Referee
Hi my name is Brett Stewart and I'm a big NRL star so I can do what I want.

*Cue the sound of heavy gates closing*

Hi my name is Bubba and I'm a tripple murderer and I can do what I want.

TheDalek079

Bench
the incident was in March 2009. It was reported immediately afterwards but we have to wait until September 2010 for the trial?

dollyhands

Juniors
the incident was in March 2009. It was reported immediately afterwards but we have to wait until September 2010 for the trial?
If you ever go to a court case you will understand how frustrating it can be, someone stealing a few items from coles can drag on for 6 months and then just be thrown out or be told to pay for the items which could of been done 6 months earlier. this will drag on longer than sept

Eels Dude

Coach

It's always the case for serious crimes. Don't you follow news reports or anything? Take for example the running down murder of Eli Westlake. It happened June in 08, the lady was arrested that same night but the trial was only completed last month. The court system isn't as simple as it is on Law and Order.

God-King Dean

Immortal
sp_0214_06_v6.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
From the NRL's Salary Cap page.

Pretty sure all that says the club paying your legal expenses would be within the cap.

looks like it is

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/gardner-blows-gasket-over-harassment-allegations-20100417-slee.html

DRAMAS NOW BEHIND INGLIS

GREG INGLIS stayed with mates on Sunday night - fearful the media might jump him after his address was exposed in the newspapers during the initial frenzy that followed his assault charge. Now that Inglis has put his court drama behind him, expect the corporates to get back behind him. Inglis was close to signing a very lucrative deal with Gatorade - believed to be worth $50,000 - just before he landed in trouble. Inglis was advised by the Storm to use the best lawyer he could afford. His legal bill is said to be in the tens of thousands. It would be unlikely that the Storm could help pay that bill given the salary cap crackdown.

i hope the NRL are keeping a close eye on who is paying for Stewart seeing initial reports said Manly hired his lawyer

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's an Eels fan you fool.

It's still something that should be scrutinised whether you like it or not.

effnic

Bench
f**king Timmah always ringing in to things you have no idea about just to get your post count up. So very annoying.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Have a cry. Go help Dessie break another door or something, sook.