What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tool? He asked for a source as required by our forum guidelines. It's not a difficult concept...

Evenflow

Bench
You lose because you're basing your opinion from what you've read in the Daily Telegraph.

How the f**k would you know what i'm basing my opinion on? Are the telegraph the only media outlet reporting on the case? and just for the record i make it a point never to read the DT and haven't done for a long time now.

Garts

Bench
Aparantly get a verdict this afternoon. Closing arguments completed so just wait and see now. No doubt there will be people disappointed no matter the result.

Helen

Juniors
And no-one is found "innocent".

That is correct.

You walk into court innocent regardless of the charge.

There is a trial.

If found Not Guilty you retain your status of innocent
If found Guilty you have the status of innocent removed.

This is how I understand the process.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
The jury in the Brett Stewart sexual assault trial is due to go out and consider its verdict this afternoon.
A verdict is possible late this afternoon or tomorrow.
In finishing his summing up of the case Stewarts’ defence barrister Tony Bellanto QC told the jury: ``Now is the time to have a reasonable doubt’‘.
``It’s no good going away and asking ``did I make a mistake?’‘
``Now is the time to let the light shine, once again, on this gifted and decent young gentleman.’‘
Judge Jonathan Williams, in giving his summing up of the case to the jury, said it was their decision to decide how credible and reliable the witnesses were.
He reiterated numerous times that the onus was always on the Crown to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt and if the jury was not satisfied that the Crown had done so, they must find Stewart not guilty.
He also warned them about relying totally on evidence from so called experts.
``The experts as they are being called, the fact that they are experts does not mean that you have to religiously accept everything they say,’’ Judge Williams said.
He told the jury they had a very difficult task ahead of them in reaching the verdict.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/brett-stewart-jury-to-consider-its-verdict/

It is believed the jury retired around 20 minutes ago. The courthouse is due to close at 4:00pm however that can be pushed back.

Timmah

Staff member
Geez I don't like Stewart but praying he's found guilty?

That's a bit rough.

Timmah

Staff member
I have powers, do you want me to pray u get hit by a truck instead?

No.

WELL SHUTUP!
:?

I'm just questioning the moral character of someone who wants someone to be found guilty of sexual assault and digital penetration, solely to get laughs from people... on the internet no less.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Tool? He asked for a source as required by our forum guidelines. It's not a difficult concept...
He was given a source and called it 'dodgy as all F$&k.' So I gather a direct quote from the QC in the Manly Daily is now enough to stop the whinger dead in his tracks?

For the record I haven't read anything on Silvertails, so I knew straight away I could find a link as I had read it before. It was the 2nd article I clicked on from a 'Brett Stewart' search on google news. So if he can't accept the source provided, why can't he go hunt for it like I did, rather than abusing everybody for telling the truth? Tool.....

El Diablo

Post Whore
i wonder why the jury came back to ask a question about the gate at the comples as was reported on the news

El Diablo

Post Whore
well there's the mark on the girl

the judge has told the jury that even with or without DNA it's no proof something did or didn't happen

that's what the news said he told them