What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Lets think for a second , if this was your daughter how would you react?

Delusion is common status quo of this forum

Noa

First Grade
Lets think for a second , if this was your daughter how would you react?

Delusion is common status quo of this forum

Actually thats a good question.

Why is there no report of a scuffle between the pair. Surely a father on the scene of his daughters "rape" would be in the redzone.

Mike,0.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ulysseus

Bench
Actually thats a good question.

Why is there no report of a scuffle between the pair. Surely a father on the scene of his daughters "rape" would be in the redzone.

Mike,0.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

That may just be the ballgame right there.
Stewart should hire you to represent him, or his representation should at least ask a similar question.
"Given the allegations you have leveled against Mr Stewart, and the fact you have rated him an '8 out of 10' for intoxication, did you not feel that, as a father, you had a fundamental privilege to detain Mr Stewart until police arrived?, also, would you have not have been so angry at the moment of the alleged offence that you would have struggled to contain yourself from physically confronting a man you have stated in this court to be too drunk to hurt yourself?"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't have every bit of information obviously (and we have to remember unless there has been a ruling to the contrary some of the evidence has been suppressed and cannot be mentioned) but on what has been released and the cash that Manly will throw at this. It is perhaps likely he will be found not guilty. It is difficult to prosecute a "he said she said" type of case.

Some of you people have no idea though. The criminal process is slow to get it right. I know that Manly fans are invested in this trial but lets not get silly.

t-ba

Post Whore
This will be lucky to get to trial by November. The DPP has to present it's indictment and it needs to be listed.

It was always going to get past committal. It's basically a rubber stamping committee these days. A case needs to be ridiculously weak to not get past committal. And Stewart's sh*tty "I don't remember" defence was always going to be laughed out of Mags. Different story come trial time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I don't have every bit of information obviously (and we have to remember unless there has been a ruling to the contrary some of the evidence has been suppressed and cannot be mentioned) but on what has been released and the cash that Manly will throw at this. It is perhaps likely he will be found not guilty. It is difficult to prosecute a "he said she said" type of case.

Some of you people have no idea though. The criminal process is slow to get it right. I know that Manly fans are invested in this trial but lets not get silly.

Manly shouldn't be paying a cent towards Stewart's defence

if they are then it should be included in their cap

Ulysseus

Bench
Manly shouldn't be paying a cent towards Stewart's defence

if they are then it should be included in their cap

Ummmmmmm, why not?
They are his employer, they are entitled to do so.
It is a common practice these days mate, I've got the same thing, if I go out, get sh*tfaced and plow through someones front fence in a car, the company I work for gives me legal representation, they may also be a bit pissed off at me for doing it but that's the way it goes (btw, drink driving sh*ts me and I don't condone it), Stewart might be on a similar wicket.
A co-worker actually did get pissed and plow through a fence, the company gave him the legal firepower necessary, he went from looking down the barrel of long term licence loss, no insurance payout on his car and replacement costs of a large section of fence to basically getting off, no licence loss, barristers etc found protocol had been broken with his toxicology results, insurance paid out, fence paid for, apology from police.
Money talks, bullsh*t walks, Manly know this and will protect their investment.

El Diablo

Post Whore
why compare this to a workplace?

if they want to pay then that is fine but it must be counted in the cap

sportive cupid

Referee
Considering less than half reported incidents make it to trial ,and less than 10% of those get a conviction-I would say your guy is pretty safe.But I would hardly say that a lack of conviction would mean innocence in the true sense of the word.(given the appallingly low rates of conviction for such offences.)

sportive cupid

Referee
This will be lucky to get to trial by November. The DPP has to present it's indictment and it needs to be listed.

It was always going to get past committal. It's basically a rubber stamping committee these days. A case needs to be ridiculously weak to not get past committal. And Stewart's sh*tty "I don't remember" defence was always going to be laughed out of Mags. Different story come trial time
.Quote t-ba

Your kidding right?
Maybe if the offence is car stealing.Not sexual assault.