What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

fred92

Juniors
bro? Maybe this bloke has confused Brett Stewart with a Kiwi.

Maybe he starts urinating everywhere whenever he gets drunk, and that is what she was referring to.

Well, this is a shut and dried case.
Do you undo your belt to piss? that does'nt make any sense to me.

It is sickening how he will get a standing ovation at Manly even if he gets done for this.
It is sickening how people make such stupid assumptions. If he gets done, the only Manly fans giving a standing ovation will be these two dullards:

3e9618e7447952c10e24573a9ef58d01_resized.jpg

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
For this to be a fair trial a backround checks need to be done on all the jury, lawyers and judge to see what NRL team they support. Otherwise it could end up a trial like this.

THE LORD LOVES A HANGING THAT'S WHY HE GIVE US NECKS.

The Gambler

Juniors
Ummmmmmm, why not?
They are his employer, they are entitled to do so.
It is a common practice these days mate, I've got the same thing, if I go out, get sh*tfaced and plow through someones front fence in a car, the company I work for gives me legal representation, they may also be a bit pissed off at me for doing it but that's the way it goes (btw, drink driving sh*ts me and I don't condone it), Stewart might be on a similar wicket.
A co-worker actually did get pissed and plow through a fence, the company gave him the legal firepower necessary, he went from looking down the barrel of long term licence loss, no insurance payout on his car and replacement costs of a large section of fence to basically getting off, no licence loss, barristers etc found protocol had been broken with his toxicology results, insurance paid out, fence paid for, apology from police.
Money talks, bullsh*t walks, Manly know this and will protect their investment.
Who do you work for? The Mob?

Lambretta

First Grade
is that a serious question :?

do workplaces have a salary cap? nope

Costs incurred by workers are not "salary" and aren't always classified as such.

Brett is currently undergoing surgery for rehabilitation to his leg. Doctors will be looking at him and these costs will all be incurred by the club. Manly will be paying these costs and not Brett. Should Manly have to include all these doctors costs under their cap? No, of course not.

So why are court costs specifically to be included if doctors costs are not? I think that most people would agree a certain amount of leeway should be allowed. Brett on his own would not be able to pay for a top notch defence and Manly if the case becomes very expensive could find themselves being forced out of the competition if the costs are included under cap rulings.

Imagine if the legal bill was $1,000,000? What's that as a cap breach? Total loss of all points, wooden spoon is the Bulldogs copped in 2002?

Lambretta

First Grade
Bird, for example.

Excellent point Dutchy.

Sometimes the Police must feel pressured to "come up with a result" even if logic doesn't dictate that a case should be proceeded with.

There is alot of political mileage put into things like "not letting these arrogant overpaid thugs get away with it" blah blah blah.

The media were all over this and I can imagine that there would be alot of people looking to move the blame somewhere else. If the Police take it to court and the courts throw it out the Police can point the finger at the courts etc.

Latest posts