What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Carney Leaves Gold Coast Titans

t-ba

Post Whore
Stormerz said:
There are many neutral fans living in the area aswell. I'm sure many fans who live in Parramatta or near there would attend Parramatta games just for the sake of watching.

The figure would be miniscule at best. 'neutrals' don't turn up unless it's a massive fixture like the ANZAC clash or a Roosters V Dogs game back 2 or 3 years ago.

Stormerz

Juniors
t-ba said:
The figure would be miniscule at best. 'neutrals' don't turn up unless it's a massive fixture like the ANZAC clash or a Roosters V Dogs game back 2 or 3 years ago.

So you're saying that a rugby league fan who lives close to a stadium won't go and watch parramatta play sometimes? ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Stormerz said:
So you're saying that a rugby league fan who lives close to a stadium won't go and watch parramatta play sometimes? ;-)

Pretty Much. And don't point to people here, because anyone with the motivation to post on an RL forum is either a tragic or a troll.

Sydney fans are woeful at actually turning up to a game. It's an issue debated here frequently and often.

Stormerz

Juniors
t-ba said:
Where's this mooted 'Other Victorian team' going to get its supporters from?
I'm sure having 2 teams in a state will get fans who don't like the Storm for whatever reason or cannot make it to Storm home games. That's like saying that if there was only one Sydney team then everybody would be supporting it. :roll:

aids

Bench
when did this thread about carney turn into a debate about melbourne?

anyway, it was pretty widley speculated that carney wasn't going to play for the titans after the season he had with the nukes.
i know a few forum members here alone had it pegged before the 06 semi's.
so i wasn't completly suprised.

bad news for the titans, but they might need to take a risk with a few local kids and blood them.
it'll be better in the long term.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Stormerz said:
It's called reality.
Come on man. I have my fare share of dislike towards El D but you are talking like a 5yr old.

You want another team to be in Melbourne which is a Non-League city, has one team which averages just over 10,000(in a good season) and has no decent rectanglar stadium?

Where exactly are you going to bring the supporters from?

t-ba

Post Whore
brendothejet said:
good god.

How does brian carney leaving RL degenerate into a thread about sydney supporters again.

It's a real hobby of the Non Sydney-Siders with next to no understanding of the market. Rather than provide constructive criticism they claim we should cull clubs for the 'betterment' of the game. Anyone who knows the Northern Suburbs knows just how f*cked a proposition that idea is.

Ice777

Bench
brendothejet said:
good god.

How does brian carney leaving RL degenerate into a thread about sydney supporters again.

It actually started about Melbourne supporters in post 16 and was fuelled in post 19, the rest was just in retalliation.

I'm not one of those who want to cull any Sydney clubs t-ba. Instead of being a help to the game IMO it'd only be to the games detriment so to me that's not even a consideration and i honestly hope that never happens. I think the answer to getting more people through the gates is better promotion of the game by both the NRL and the clubs across the board, not only in Sydney but across the board. Don't ask me how to do that, advertising and promotion isn't my area of expertise. But one thing i do know is it takes alot more than just a catchy song at the start of the season to get more people through the gates.

Latest posts