What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian McClennan Sacked

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Matt Elliott too. Came to Canberra after winning the comp with Bradford.

Chris Anderson started his coaching career at Halifax and Graham Murray contested the inaugural esl gf with leeds (also winning the challenge cup in 99). Brian Noble has been touted for an NRL job before but he simply doesn't want to live in Australia.

natheel

Coach
What other coaches have either been sacked or resigned before their first year ended?

I knew he was struggling but in no way did i think he would walk or get the sack whatever the case may be. Feel sorry for him because he has alot of pride in and loves the game. He also honestly wants to see it go well in NZ as do many supporters.

I hope for Warriors sack that Kearney doesn't get the job because he will kill the style of play most of thse players are most talented at and thats throwing the ball around. Dan Anderson would be the right guy imo but he wouldn't go back

natheel

Coach
Same results as Ricky Stuart had, yet he's the golden boy. How does that work.

Whatever people want to use as ammunition against Bellamy, that's fine. He oversaw the likes of Smith, Slater, Cronk etc become the game's greats. He coached Melbourne to win GFs, not premierships but GFs. And obviously having two roles with the Storm and NSW didn't work out for him. Hell, Stuart had only one job and he couldn't do it either.

We'll have him.

Craig Bellamy

NSW Coach - Coached 9 games lost 7 won 2

Ricky Stuart

NSW Coach - Coached 9 games lost 5 won 4 and won a series

Lets face it Bellamy is only a club coach (nothing wrong with that)
He works well in Melbourne because of his big 3 and out of the media spotlight imo

Stuart has in the last 2 year built a good foundation for NSW and got us in the right direction. Unfortunately NSW are idiots and now Daley is going to f**k it up royally

Brando

Juniors
The club is in talks with two candidates (both of whom have been mentioned in this thread). One is a novice, one is an experienced NRL coach.

And Kearney has all but signed on as an assistant.

Thats what I'm hearing.

I'll have a go!
Give me a call Warriors.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I just cant see Bellamy being a good fit for our Polynesian boys. Too big a culture clash, just like with Ando and Monie. I can just picture Bellamy swearing his head off at the team - and while that sort of shiet motivates your average fairdimkum aussie bloke, its not going to work with players who still live at home with their parents....

The Polynesians can suck it up if they're such princesses. This argument always comes up around Warriors coaches and it's pathetic. It's a professional game - let them be professional. They wouldn't get such molly coddling over the Tasman. I don't believe it's the case anyway.

Rebel

First Grade
With Kearney and Iro as assistants, I think there will be enough of a poly influence for the lads even if Bellyache is the coach.

Diesel

Referee
Is there any substance to the Bellyache rumours or just a wish list? Would be great for the Warriors to get him into Auckland but I just don't see it happening

blain

Juniors
Scurrah has been questioned on it, and he is not shooting it down. He even knew what he wanted in order to come (over 1 Mill, and other staff to join him). He was then asked if he wanted Bellys number, he said he already has it. "Have you called it?" The interviewer asked. Silence. "Have you called it?" He asked again... "Thanks for the interview Tony."

Sounds like we're gonna have a crack.

hitman82

Bench
Also, we are wanting to fill the coaching position within a month. Could f**k with some finals campaigns.

Rebel

First Grade
Scurrah has been questioned on it, and he is not shooting it down. He even knew what he wanted in order to come (over 1 Mill, and other staff to join him). He was then asked if he wanted Bellys number, he said he already has it. "Have you called it?" The interviewer asked. Silence. "Have you called it?" He asked again... "Thanks for the interview Tony."

hahaha thats a crack up!

I'd say it's rather unlikely, but good on the club for giving it a go.

shiznit

Coach

yeah interesting radio interview....

for those who want to hear it..

http://arntrnassets.mediaspanonline.com/radio/s01/421981/A1158_20120821220656237_0.mp3

bellamy seems to be the name bandied about...

as i said in another thread... its one thing wanting a coach like bellamy... its another thing getting him...

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
FMD some of the suggestions from people ringing Radiosport the last coupe of days are ridiculous. Graham Lowe? Steve Price? lol

Akkerz

Juniors
Take Tim Sheens please,we will throw in a international winger in Lote,hell you can have Heighington too.

Thanks very much , job done. Happy to give you Manu Flatafly, an Iro & an Ackland in return

Akkerz

Juniors
Just listened to that interview . Thanks for the link

Scurrah I wouldn't trust you with a good looking pig as my old grandad would say. Still pushing the U20s & their success - all credit to them but its not the b all & end all. Reckons the Club is planning a massive 'restructure' over all grades. Is this what impacted player focus. I've been through a few restructures and it's usually ends in tears in the most unexpected areas.
Also got me thinking that maybe Scurrah has been pushing for better qualified coach & players but has been shot down by Board declining to spend the necessary.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just listened to that interview . Thanks for the link

Scurrah I wouldn't trust you with a good looking pig as my old grandad would say. Still pushing the U20s & their success - all credit to them but its not the b all & end all. Reckons the Club is planning a massive 'restructure' over all grades. Is this what impacted player focus. I've been through a few restructures and it's usually ends in tears in the most unexpected areas.
Also got me thinking that maybe Scurrah has been pushing for better qualified coach & players but has been shot down by Board declining to spend the necessary.

Exactly !!

I am still waiting for the explanation from him about moving games away from Auckland

He said "We are contractually obliged to play all our home games in Auckland" then 2 weeks later announcing their grand plan to take games around the country

Shifty Scurrah

Lossy

Juniors
I am still waiting for the explanation from him about moving games away from Auckland

He said "We are contractually obliged to play all our home games in Auckland" then 2 weeks later announcing their grand plan to take games around the country

Shifty Scurrah

Currently contracted to play home NRL games in Auckland.

Planning to take games around the country in the future.

Now. Future. Seems pretty clear.

Latest posts