What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian McClennan Sacked

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The only GF winning coaches that I can recall from the last decade are either within 12 months of signing their first contract, retired, or Steve Folkes.

If Bellamy is a GF winning coach, Ben Johnson is a gold medallist.

Bellamy IS a GF winning coach. He is not a premiership winning coach. Whatever, he's a good coach. That's undisputed by any authority on the game. He'd be a great asset for us.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Take a side if you like the bloke or not .I can't believe anyone would question Bellamy's credentials as a coach. The fact he can get this storm which on paper is at best, a middle of the road side to perform so well. Is a credit to him. If I was the Warriors he would be the man to change that club into genuine contenders.

Juju

Juniors
If they replace him with Kearney...someone will need to start a lol@warriors thread.
you dunce - for that to happen The Warriors need to make the playoffs once in over two decades. be kicked out of the comp. have a player knock out a coach. have the most annoying borderline psychopath / pathological liar supporter posting on a rugby league forum.

First Grade
000705zXJHF.jpg

hybrid_tiger

Coach
One poor year and he gets the boot, yet the Tigers continue to persist with old man Sheens.

This is the difference between a club that aims high and another that accepts mediocrity.

One poor year and he gets the boot, yet the Tigers continue to persist with old man Sheens.

This is the difference between a club that aims high and another that accepts mediocrity.

We are the same except we decide to surround a nuffy coach with even more nuffies like his derp son and Matt f**king Elliott. At least your club never said "losing is bad for business"

Loudstrat

Coach
Take a side if you like the bloke or not .I can't believe anyone would question Bellamy's credentials as a coach. The fact he can get this storm which on paper is at best, a middle of the road side to perform so well. Is a credit to him. If I was the Warriors he would be the man to change that club into genuine contenders.
Why not? Whenever the deck is not stacked in his favour, he is found out.

How was his Origin record?

How has he gone post Origin without the big 3? I mean ALL of the big 3!. FFS we beat them with Smith and Cronk in!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Same results as Ricky Stuart had, yet he's the golden boy. How does that work.

Whatever people want to use as ammunition against Bellamy, that's fine. He oversaw the likes of Smith, Slater, Cronk etc become the game's greats. He coached Melbourne to win GFs, not premierships but GFs. And obviously having two roles with the Storm and NSW didn't work out for him. Hell, Stuart had only one job and he couldn't do it either.

We'll have him.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dickhead.

• Stuart HAS won a series :lol:
  • Stuart won WHILE he was a club coach.
  • You cant count Bellamy's premierships because he had a squad worth 25% as much as everybody else, but you can count the grand final wins? How the f*ck does that work?
  • Do you count being over the salary cap by $1 million when you coach the biggest GF loss in history as part of the Bellamy 'genius'?
  • Moffo could coach Slater to be a good player
  • How much will you break the cap by to give Bellyache success with NZ, and why couldnt you do the same for Bluey?

shiznit

Coach
Dickhead.

• You cant count Bellamy's premierships because he had a squad worth 25% as much as everybody else, but you can count the grand final wins? How the f*ck does that work?
  • Do you count being over the salary cap by $1 million when you coach the biggest GF loss in history as part of the Bellamy 'genius'?
  • How much will you break the cap by to give Bellyache success with NZ, and why couldnt you do the same for Bluey?

i think that would be the point of getting a coach like bellyache... with the massive talent pool and considerable resources the owners would be able to provide the coach... a good coach like bellamy shouldn't need to cheat the cap.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Dickhead.

Most recent tenures: Bellamy 0 series wins. Stuart 0 series wins. Good on ol' Sticky for gallantly losing for the last two years. Oh that's right, it was the ref's fault. Just like the 2008 World Cup.

Whatever you want to say, the bottom line is Bellamy has experience at every level of the game minus international. He's been to GFs, and no matter what the make-up of the side he brings that experience. And if it wasn't for our side (remember, we're talking about OUR side here) he would have made the GF last year.

Not sure who Moffo is but I note you left out Smith and Cronk? Smith is regarded by many as the greatest hooker to play the game. Other clubs passed on him yet under Bellamy he became a legend. Same sorta deal for Cronk.

We won't break the cap. We have the players here to win a premiership, of that I'm certain. And we'll need a top-level coach to do that. In the eyes of authorities on the game, and not ones on internet forums who call people hurtful names, Bellamy is exactly that.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Haha, this is the first positive I've heard about our club in a long time - unless you count their chest-beating press conference where they talked about their own positives. Warms the cockles of my heart to hear you say we're a 'club that aims high'. Least you've won a premiership...although maybe that's where the mediocrity comes from.

shiznit

Coach
They can give him the resources like Rupert did!
nah im talking about above board resources...

the following was what was announced last month...

* The formation of a Warriors Charitable Trust.
* A commitment to form a Warriors Elite Academy.
* The upgrading of training, sports science, medical, talent identification, IT and other team support facilities.

* Improved membership offers to fans outside Auckland and in Australia.
* A Warriors Championship for Auckland secondary schools First XIIIs and significant involvement in grass roots rugby league.
* Increased Warriors merchandise range and the establishment of the clubs first Warriors Shop

so whoever has control... will hopefully have a system which will be pulling through not only the best RL talent in NZ... but enticing RU kids into the system... which will be massive.

Loudstrat

Coach
Most recent tenures: Bellamy 0 series wins. Stuart 0 series wins. Good on ol' Sticky for gallantly losing for the last two years. Oh that's right, it was the ref's fault. Just like the 2008 World Cup.

Whatever you want to say, the bottom line is Bellamy has experience at every level of the game minus international. He's been to GFs, and no matter what the make-up of the side he brings that experience. And if it wasn't for our side (remember, we're talking about OUR side here) he would have made the GF last year.
Selective history. Ignore Sticky's LEGAL Origin win but harp on about Bellamy's ILLEGAL sucesses.

Legally, what's Bellamy's biggest achievement? Probably last years MP and PF. Brian Smith can even beat that - easily. So, ironically, can Bluey McLennan[/QUOTE]

Not sure who Moffo is but I note you left out Smith and Cronk? Smith is regarded by many as the greatest hooker to play the game. Other clubs passed on him yet under Bellamy he became a legend. Same sorta deal for Cronk.
:lol: No one passed on Smith. He was in the Storm system while still at high school. One could use the same argument for Reilly over Johns, Bennet over Heather, Smith over Hindy, Sheens over Benji, Hasler over Snake, Folkes over SBW, Stuart over Gallen........ How much is pure talent and how much is coaching genius we'll never know.

I do know one thing - no coach in history has ever made a crap player into a great one.
We won't break the cap. We have the players here to win a premiership, of that I'm certain. And we'll need a top-level coach to do that. In the eyes of authorities on the game, and not ones on internet forums who call people hurtful names, Bellamy is exactly that.
Some authorities.

FTR I reckon Bellamy is better than Bluey, just as Sticky is better than Kearney. Then again, most would agree than Bennet >>> Stone and Cleary >>> Elliot too. Yet recent results dont back that up, do they. I dont think Bellamy is in the elite class - his history is far to tainted for that. Bennett, Sheens and Smith were. Hasler is. Maybe Maguire, Flanagan, Griffin and Toovey will be. Hes a good coach, but not a great one.

Bellamy might be a good fit for the warriors, who need a constant fire up more than game plans. Just dont bank on miracles from him when - cheating aside - he hasnt made any.

Latest posts