What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith is embarassing our great club again!

GAME FIRST

Juniors
If Brian cannot improve us after 3 years and has no answers and persists in putting Wagon at 5/8, Pearson in the side at all , Hopkins at lock, and not have a good play maker in the halves-anyone aside form Wagon and Thorman, he has really no imagination to coach any footy side!

How many times has he to see Wagon at 5/8 to know he stiffles all attack and leaves our centres with nothing to run onto and into as well as the fact Wagon cannot pass the ball at all-our poor centres includingTahu next year will be nothing getting Wagon to supply.

I cannot believe Smith is not embarassed by what we show week after week- we get penalties of 10-3, good field position and pleanty ball and yet dont look like scoring tries and its BORING FOOTY AS USUAL AND SMITHY THINKS THE REF THIS WEEK IS TO BLAME!

OUR TEAM IS BORING AND NOT IMPROVING BECAUSE SMITH IS A DOMINEERING, STRUCTURED, SMALL MINDED AND UNWISE MAN.

Seeing TONGA play on Friday breaks my heart- if he cannot spot talent like that then he should not be coaching- W Bennet would not let a player like that go anywhere!!!!

Next year will be the same because Smith is a boring , scientific coach who does not know what good footy is-he should ask S Folkes or W Bennet on how to play winning footy while entertaining the crowd!

Stand down for our sakes!

Unreal V

Juniors
Brian Smith needs a taste of his own medicine, he is quick to dump underperforming players and now he need to go. He was given more than a fair chance.

I have a gut feeling Witt was not played tonight for personal reasons. We played the wrong game to night and Sheen out coached Smith; plain and simple.

strider

Post Whore
not have a good play maker in the halves
We have no good play maker at our club....the closest thing to it, Dykes, is injured.

he stiffles all attack and leaves our centres with nothing to run onto
Our centres don't run onto the ball....doesn't matter if Wagon is inside them or not....no one in our team hits the ball at pace (well rarely).

OUR TEAM IS BORING AND NOT IMPROVING BECAUSE SMITH IS A DOMINEERING, STRUCTURED, SMALL MINDED AND UNWISE MAN
Why were we so exciting in 2001?....Smith was our coach then also.

Seeing TONGA play on Friday breaks my heart
Yeah I agree, its very disappointing he is not in blue and gold.....if only Jamie Lyon had has his brain explosion 8 months earlier.

I refuse to blame one person for our shit efforts....some of the options from our players are just dumb and some of the defense is woeful.

Change of coach??? maybe - a change is as good as a holiday.

MrT

Juniors
Smith out coaches himself. We don't need opposition to lose.
Sometime4s I wonder whether he really wants to win, or is this
just a sick game of his.

Why Thorman and Pearson were on the field I'll never know

strider

Post Whore
Unreal V said:
Brian Smith needs a taste of his own medicine, he is quick to dump underperforming players and now he need to go. He was given more than a fair chance.

Who did he dump quickly?....Witt?

I don't believe Thorman is that much better than Witt and since he is heading off next year I reckon I'd personally play Witty.....BUT Witt was given a good run to prove he could be our half - and he did no better than Thorman.

I believe Brian is NOT "quick to dump underperforming players" at all....just the opposite - he has probably given some more of a chance than they deserve.

Avenger

Immortal
Everyone knows that he will not stand dowm and that is the sad fact.

However I'll give you some FACTS.

1. We have been sliding since 2001.

2. PJ Marsh, Willie Tonga, Jason Cayless have played origin and International footbal since leaving Parra. What they had no talent with us?? The reason is Smith could not instill the confidence in them to attain that level.

3. His Big, ugly forward thing was a mistake. Don't blame injuries, other teams have them too. For once ADMIT that you were wrong!!!!!!!

4. He apparrently asked Denis if he wanted his resignation and Denis said no. Reason is money. Therefore Denis is the cancer, Brian is the tumour. So remove both.

5. I don't care if the players still like you. Even if it is Hindy. Results mean everything. You have had none in 2 years so its time to go. Are you man enough to just quit??? Are you Brian???

6. Sadly none of the above will happen and next year come this time it will be like Ground hog day.

strider

Post Whore
I wonder whether he really wants to win, or is this just a sick game of his.

YOU ARE A DUMB GOOSE WITH NO BRAIN.

Yeah we are all pissed that our team sucks, but to make comments like that is just plain stupid.

Unreal V

Juniors
strider said:
I wonder whether he really wants to win, or is this just a sick game of his.

YOU ARE A DUMB GOOSE WITH NO BRAIN.

Yeah we are all pissed that our team sucks, but to make comments like that is just plain stupid.

Sounds like a reasonable question to me.

Sterling

Juniors
if we think that hindmarsh is going to stay at our loser club....think again......

i feel sorry for the guy.......gives 100000% each game and gets nothing in return...... SAD but TRUE

eels1986

Juniors
Seeing TONGA play on Friday breaks my heart- if he cannot spot talent like that then he should not be coaching- W Bennet would not let a player like that go anywhere!!!!
Does Justin Hodges ring a bell. Wanted to play centres or fullback on a fulltime basis just like Tonga did. :roll: :clap:

GAME FIRST

Juniors
Bennet wanted to keep hodges but he chose to leave- in Tongas case, Smithy told him he would more likely than not play reserves- in other words he was saying to him that Vaeliki and Lyon were the better centres-which Vaeliki never was- therefore Smithy didnt rate him as much as another 12 coaches who made him offers- Bennett wanted to keep Hodges in firsts and was vivisbly upset to see him go as well, but Smithy was easy with letting him go with no offer increase and absolutely no desperation in keeping him-Tonga even said himself he never really wanted to leave!!

eels1986- get your facts right buddy! #-o #-o :D

eels1986

Juniors
Some people would disagree and say at that time Vaeliki was the better player. I did watch some games last year and saw Tonga (yes it was not on his preferred side of the field) have one of th worst games I have ever seen. If we took a vote going back to last year and said hey we can pay Tonga $200000 and send Vaeliki packing maybe to the Bullscum then how many people would have been saying Smith a dickhead sending an international on his way and keeping Tonga - answer plenty. Sometimes people just rise to the occasion when in a different environment.

eels1986

Juniors
Every club does lose players and they go to other clubs and perform like superstars. It is part of life. Some coaches or clubs seem to get better out of some players. Smith has certainly grabbed a few players over the year and transformed them into very good players, and some players have left us and seemed to become better players. It does go both ways.

thedux

Juniors
BS actually told Tonga that he was considering switching Freshy to FB and Willie would more than likely play in the centres with Lyon but Willie felt that Folkes gave him more of a guarantee. Parra's offer was on the table for 2 months without Tonga signing it, so that was simply a player's choice to leave. Tonga has said that numerous times. Some of ouy guys need to stop listening to hadley.

strider

Post Whore
in Tongas case, Smithy told him he would more likely than not play reserves

Actually, Smithy told Tonga he was considering Vaealiki at fullback and Tonga and Lyon in the centres.

GAME FIRST - you make all these bold statements and claim to know everyone who knows something, but time and time again you are really just jibbering and damaging your own credability.

Eels Dude

Coach
Another piece of unbalanced rubbish from Game First, surprise us one day mate by saying something credible.

Eelementary

Post Whore
WTF is people's issue with Hopkins?

Just because his surname isn't Ricketson or Kennedy doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

What did he do so ghastly wrong last night?

True EEL

Bench
strider said:
Unreal V said:

Who did he dump quickly?....Witt?

I don't believe Thorman is that much better than Witt and since he is heading off next year I reckon I'd personally play Witty.....BUT Witt was given a good run to prove he could be our half - and he did no better than Thorman.

I believe Brian is NOT "quick to dump underperforming players" at all....just the opposite - he has probably given some more of a chance than they deserve.

so when exactly was Witt given this "good run" to prove he was our halfback.....was it last year when he did do that, or was it in the two to three games he has actually been allowed to play halfback this year or play at all, when again we actually won games and he was enthusiastic??????

and who did he dump too quickly......

oh i won't bother going through the list it is too long, but its clear you are an uninformed goose who is living on the back of a very thin list of Bs's successes and can't see the forest for the trees

and Lyon didn't have the brain explosion, BS has been having one huge brain explosion for about 3 years, ever since he became the most over-rated and most embarrassed coach in history by losing his 3rd Grand Final in embarrassing circumstances in 2001