What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith the club in some capacity - Y or N?

Would Smithy's return be good for us?

• Total voters

Jodeci

Bench
As a GM of Football Operations, Yes.

He doesn't wanna coach any longer. If he did, he would of got a gig in the Super League by now.

Delboy

First Grade
Jodeci is spot on , football ops would be his role, overseeing juniors and ops.

Just appoint a coach to piss off Hadley and Fitzy, how good would that be

Daneel

Bench
Jodeci is spot on , football ops would be his role, overseeing juniors and ops.

Just appoint a coach to piss off Hadley and Fitzy, how good would that be

Let us just get the right man for the job. If it turns out that pisses them off then its an added bonus

Delboy

First Grade
Daneel , was tongue in cheek remark. They want DA , who I don't think should be near the club

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I would cop DA and Brian smith, I reckon Anderson knows the game, he may have short coming running the full footy club but I reckon he knows the game.

I'd prefer JT or Neil Henry before Anderson but I'd be more supportive of him then I was Ricky Stuart

Bigfella

Coach
No to any coach who contributed to the poor culture and the awful recruitment and retention policy.

Anderson is almost the last bloke I'd want. Possibly behind hagan.

Happy for Taylor but would prefer Henry.

Would be very happy for smith to be director of football whoever coaches.

Not sure about an Englishman understanding the nrl.

Jodeci

Bench
I would cop DA and Brian smith, I reckon Anderson knows the game, he may have short coming running the full footy club but I reckon he knows the game.

I'd prefer JT or Neil Henry before Anderson but I'd be more supportive of him then I was Ricky Stuart

If Smithy is there, DA is no chance

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I don't know if Brian Smith is the right man, but there is no doubt that our club desperately needs sone sort of football director or GM of football.

The main problem we have - apart from nonsensically voting for board every two years- is that we lurch from one culture to another, dependent on the coach.

We need someone to install the "Parramatta Way", and for the entire club to be in the one direction. Not only would this give us stability in the near future, but if it worked well then future coaches would be able to be promoted from within, not recruited.

salvy71

Juniors
I'd have to say no ....I can't imagine a coach being able to work with him gawking over their shoulder without there eventually being a blow up .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Releasing Buderus was a great move back then. He would have been asking huge money and he was no longer worth it.

I bet he's on a lot less now.

strider

Post Whore
granting a guy a release who didn't want to be there .... it'd be great to have players who don't want to be there - probably go about aswell as the eels in 2013