What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brilliant Hayne article

and with the first words of the official announcement of the NSW team last nite, 80% of NSW supporters heads dropped and said WTF. I am at a loss as to to why Hayne is not there. If Ricky Stuart was not going to even look at players out of position, this should have been promoted by him weeks ago, at least to the clubs ... WE CANT WIN with that team

Wally21

Bench
Yep, great article. Other than the usual knob jockeys who think Jarryd is a prima donna and would never admit to his brilliance, it seems support for him is running at about 95% across the board.

Ricky Stuart, you are a massive myth. can't wait to see Sharks bore-a-thon style of play being brought to SOO, which worked so well for the Gummy's...

oldmancraigy

Coach
If Ricky Stuart was not going to even look at players out of position, this should have been promoted by him weeks ago, at least to the clubs ... WE CANT WIN with that team

It doesn't even matter if Stuart was looking to players out of position.

Fact is that Hayne is the only fullback who is NSW eligible who has been playing at an elite level this season. Yet Sticky won't pick him because he doesn't know how to coach a side with an attacking weapon :lol:

Hayne is in the Brett Kenny / Peter Sterling / Nathan Hindmarsh class of Players at this club. Yet we have some people still bagging him.

I think people on here should STOP - appreciate and enjoy the talent that is Hayne instead of bagging him all the time and expecting him to run 100m every time he touches the ball. Look at our team with in the side, we are 26 points better off.

Hayne has even stepped up and is becoming our Darren Lockyer. He not only scores them but has the vision to set up some beautiful trys through passing and kicking.

Jarryd will be of the greatest that has ever played for Parra. I just hope some idiots on here and around the trap actually appreciate the moment when he is playing. Because players like this are 1 in a 20 year event.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Jarryd will be of the greatest that has ever played for Parra. I just hope some idiots on here and around the trap actually appreciate the moment when he is playing. Because players like this are 1 in a 20 year event.

He'll probably go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Only 23 and already a winner of the golden boot?

I remember back in 2008 when A Johns was working with our halves; on air Matty Johns predicted Hayne would be the best player in the comp soon.
Only took until 2009 for that to happen.

Can't wait to see him play next season when we have another attacking option to help out!

Forty20

First Grade
Hayne has never won the golden boot

He has however won the RLIF Player of the Year, which is technically the most prestigious international award for rugby league.

The golden boot is based on international rep games, of which there are only a handful of each every year. Given Hayne's limited or outright non-selection for Australia over recent years, he has never had a chance to win it.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Hayne is in the Brett Kenny / Peter Sterling / Nathan Hindmarsh class of Players at this club. Yet we have some people still bagging him.

I think people on here should STOP - appreciate and enjoy the talent that is Hayne instead of bagging him all the time and expecting him to run 100m every time he touches the ball. Look at our team with in the side, we are 26 points better off.

Hayne has even stepped up and is becoming our Darren Lockyer. He not only scores them but has the vision to set up some beautiful trys through passing and kicking.

Well said :clap:

DeanPay98

Juniors
It is amazing as to how perceptions as opposed to stats can influence selection.

Hayne is an amazing player and we are very lucky to have him at the club.

Gronk

Staff member
I find this interview very confusing.

He says that Hayne plays a 5/8 role at the Eels and does a very good job. Asked if he wants Hayne to play 6 at his club, Sticky says no.

Stuart then goes on to say that if he picked Hayne he would change the style of the team around Hayne so that he could play that style.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ent-for-game-one/story-e6frexnr-1226056252474

So basically it was between Dugan and Hayne and he picked Dugan and it's for the future. So basically Stuart does not want Hayne in the side at any position.

Gronk

Staff member
image_normal.jpg

Erin_Molan erin molan - CH9 sports reporter

Jarryd Hayne: doesn't feel he is ready to play 5/8 but says in a couple of years he thinks he will. Feels fullback IS his best position now.

40 minutes ago

Gronk

Staff member
SNUBBED Origin star Jarryd Hayne has conceded his future will be in the No. 6 jumper. A day after NSW coach Ricky Stuart overlooked Hayne for gun No. 1 Josh Dugan - and then suggested the Eels ace's best position was five-eighth - Hayne accepted a positional move was on the cards.
Hayne said he was disappointed to have missed the Origin opener before he spoke about life in the halves.
"I understand five-eight is probably more suited to me but it's something for the future, not something that will happen soon,'' Hayne said.
"I feel most comfortable at fullback and at the moment I don't have the composure to be a [No. 6].''

Hayne said he could only focus on Monday's clash with Cronulla and could not dwell on the NSW axing.
He felt the recent two-week suspension had not cost him his Blues spot and had in fact allowed him to overcome niggling injuries.
The Eels star had earlier reacted to his Origin axing on social website Twitter saying that he was “very shocked and confused” at missing out on a spot in the NSW squad.
Hayne broke his silence this morning when he posted a message on Twitter, declaring: “Very shocked an confused but life goes on. I will always be a blue and have faith the boys can do it.”
Blues coach Ricky Stuart has tried to get in contact with the Eels fullback to explain to him why he chose to go with Dugan ahead of Hayne but so far Hayne has failed to respond to Stuart’s calls.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tar-jarryd-hayne/story-e6frexnr-1226056655709

Eelementary

Post Whore

:clap:

I love this kid, from head to toe. He's passionate as anything and he is a brilliant player. It saddens me when Eels fans bag out the bloke.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I find this interview very confusing.

He says that Hayne plays a 5/8 role at the Eels and does a very good job. Asked if he wants Hayne to play 6 at his club, Sticky says no.

Stuart then goes on to say that if he picked Hayne he would change the style of the team around Hayne so that he could play that style.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ent-for-game-one/story-e6frexnr-1226056252474

So basically it was between Dugan and Hayne and he picked Dugan and it's for the future. So basically Stuart does not want Hayne in the side at any position.

Probably because Stuart is a gutless shit who cannot admit outright he doesn't want Hayne in the side because even though he doesn't want him, even he can see how idiotic that it.

Frailty

First Grade
Gordon has better stats and has been playing in Fullback for Penrith.

Let's give him the Blues spot.

Frailty

First Grade
Interesting read. IMO for Jarryd to say he's not ready to plat 5/8 yet because he lacks the composure to do so is a very mature thing to say.

Exactly, and you want someone who knows they don't have composure playing in State of Origin.

Forty20

First Grade
Gordon has better stats and has been playing in Fullback for Penrith.

Let's give him the Blues spot.

Hope he can run on 1 leg...

That arguement falls flat for you as well as Hayne wasn't rewarded for a years worth of statistical domination of every other nsw fullback candidate from mid 2009-mid 2010 come Origin 1 last year.

A fit Gordon deserved to be there for sure but so did Hayne.