What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring On The Rooster Scum

punton said:
I hear ya Rocky.

Let's not forget that mung bean Harrison.

His best years were at Souths and the silly pr*ck jumped ship.

Oh well, the S.S. Rabbit has sailed out of the storm while the S.C. Minnow has just been snagged on a pippi off Lion Island.

You mean the S.S Rabbit Bandwagon don't you - there's so many jumping on it it will surely sink

Dave Q

Coach
Thats the way lads, keep the hatred coming.

Everyones coming in for the KILL!

No Mercy to these prancing ponces.

Those who abandoned us are already paying the price for their foolishness.

And now they'll pay for it with their footballing lives this weekend

Unleash the hell!
Unleash the fury!

Our rightful place awaits us.

Glory shall be ours once again!

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
You mean the S.S Rabbit Bandwagon don't you - there's so many jumping on it it will surely sink

Atleast there is a bandwagon to jump onto.

I dont mind if people want to adopt our team now that we are doing well. look at the tigers of 2005 every 2nd person in the street just happened to follow them.

the ammount of people jumpin on and off the rorters bandwagon is amazing im suprised your not one of them.....

you jump on at the beggining of the year saying this is your year ....then its Andersons fault the players wont put in and you jump off the wagon and start following the swans.... then Ando quits and the great Penrith player Fitler is announced as coach and you start winning some games and you jump back on..... now you cant make the 8 and your back off it.... Talk about bandwagon fans.

Dont hate us cause you aint us

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
TSE_derby_flyer.jpg

Come one, come all!

punton

Juniors
marshall stalin said:

No merkin, I don't.

Nothing at South Sydney sinks.

The Pride, the passion, the premierships.

We will never sink.

Tossed into quicksand by the NRL farkers we still managed to get out.

Merge my arse - not the GREAT Souths.

Re-locate - f**k that, not the great Souths.

Form partnerships with other foundation clubs - f**king oath because we back the battler - much like we used to be.

We are fortunate to have had benefactors offer to manage our club professionally and at the same time offer the clubs working capital $3 Million to do so.

Ferries run from merged clubs.

SSFC is the most modern battleship to enter the NRL fleet.

God help those caught in it's wake.

Dave Q

Coach
I just wanted to let the lads know that Ive been waiting a long time to see us in the finals.

I havent been to a Souths finals game since the 1980's.

Strangely enough, Ive attended more matches in these last 4 seasons than I have in the last twenty previously

And if we make it, I dont care who we play, I believe that we can go all the way.

Earlier this year we were having a discussion here about what its been like to be faithful to Souths.

The derision and put downs, getting flogged by huge and record scores, watching more missed tackles in a match that other teams would make in a season.

Listening to coaches explain away the losses.

Throwing our hands up at management and recruitment decisions.

But at the end of the day, the only footy jersey hanging up in our wardrobe or shoved in the draw was one of red and green.

And we would go back, time after time, and don that jersey and I still feel the shiver of pride every time I put it on.

And reggie the rabbit leading out the boys, to me, it still brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye every single time.

And people know ( and some disagree with me) that I support the bandwagoners because as a veteren fan I want nothing more than for people to share the glory and as many people as possible to be part of the spirit that drives our club rentlessly and without hesitation to the heights of the code.

But Souths is not about a mass of people with flags, its about ourselves and our souls.

Despite the setbacks, my experience following Souths and making the club and team a big part of my life and my identity has been richly rewarding.

--------

This week we stand on the threshold of a greatness that has been but a distant memory for several years.

In that time people who have shared my passion have come and gone and some have even died, never to experience what we may this weekend. Thats something to think about.

And this week on-forum I have seen our usual cautiousness be replaced by a progressive sense of optimism, hope and above all, a sense of belief.

As we conquered the NRL together, as we got beaten by the Warriors together so once again we unite as people from all backgrounds and circumstances in the name of the only rugby league club worthy of our unhesitating support and undying love.

And the name of that club is South Sydney.

On the eve of greatness, I wanted to thank you my fellow Souths LU forum members for sharing the glory with me since August last year and for making me feel at home.

I'll be there for sure this weekend. To do that Ive had to make a lot of sacrifices this week, but win lose or draw, it will be fugging worth it.

And those of us who are unable to attend, I promise to cheer for you, with all the courage and volume I can muster.

Bandwagoners or not, I reckon that only people with Souths in their hearts can comprehend what this period in time means to us.

Glory to Souths, The Pride of The League.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Good onya Dave, you're always a good read.

I agree, I really truly don't think people understand what it means to be a Souths supporter. Here's to a great night on Saturday brother.

cooteville

Juniors
All Rabbitohs please bring a friend to the game lets get the stadium rocking red and green.
CEMENTING OUR PLACE IN THE FINALS BY BEATING THE BONDI SC*M HOW SWEET IT IS

Dave Q

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:
Good onya Dave, you're always a good read.

I agree, I really truly don't think people understand what it means to be a Souths supporter. Here's to a great night on Saturday brother.

Cheers SSTID I aim to entertain.

But this night could quite possibly be, one of the highlights of my life.

It might justify and validate those cold and lonely times, watching us try our guts out and then get beaten soundly over and over!

Giving and recieving knowing looks to fellow fans as we filed out of the ground, despondent and depressed after yet another loss.

Entering the finals is symbolic, it illustrates more than a "tendancy" to be competitive or that we are a "solid side."

Nor does it characterise us as "competitive" or "able to beat any side 'on our day'"

Instead, it is a recorded an undeniable fact that we are one of the better sides in the comp. And we have that under our belts for 2007 forever. History.

It works to justify and validate our faith in the hard times.

And show the world that kicking us out of the comp was an extremely bad error of judgment.

And it gives us hope.

And as we have said, it gives our rabbitoh kids, who have never seen us reach the finals, a legacy and a platform from which to follow our team into the future. And thats our role as caretakers of our era being souths fans.

One day we will all be gone, but the club must remain eternal.

Thanks brother.

Rocky Rabbit said:
Atleast there is a bandwagon to jump onto.

I dont mind if people want to adopt our team now that we are doing well. look at the tigers of 2005 every 2nd person in the street just happened to follow them.

the ammount of people jumpin on and off the rorters bandwagon is amazing im suprised your not one of them.....

you jump on at the beggining of the year saying this is your year ....then its Andersons fault the players wont put in and you jump off the wagon and start following the swans.... then Ando quits and the great Penrith player Fitler is announced as coach and you start winning some games and you jump back on..... now you cant make the 8 and your back off it.... Talk about bandwagon fans.

Dont hate us cause you aint us

We will never change from the Supporting the Roosters as it is not in the Soviet culture to bandwagon.

We actually support Richmond in the AFL as when we first came to Australia we lived in the Richmond area and down there you the support the team from the area you were born in or first live in if you came from outside of melbourne.

When we moved to Sydney we first lived in Bondi so that is why we support the Roosters - we did actually look at a flat in maroubra and were going to purchase it bit we were gazumped.

Dave Q

Coach
marshall stalin said:
We will never change from the Supporting the Roosters as it is not in the Soviet culture to bandwagon.

We actually support Richmond in the AFL as when we first came to Australia we lived in the Richmond area and down there you the support the team from the area you were born in or first live in if you came from outside of melbourne.

When we moved to Sydney we first lived in Bondi so that is why we support the Roosters - we did actually look at a flat in maroubra and were going to purchase it bit we were gazumped.

Youre an idiot!

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Dave i think everyone agrees with your post about the pride and passion of the fans of the mighty rabbits.

Unfortunately unlike yourself and im sure theres alot of us on here i have never been to a finals game or even a grand final. i refuse to go to either till my beloved rabbits are in them. In 89 i was only 11 so i didnt attend but still remember the heart break in my parents faces when we were bundled out.

being a south sydney fan isnt something thats easy and i dont think its something you choose. The rabbits choose you. My parents a both massive souths fans even to the point that my father made sure when i was born that i was born facing towards Redfern... yeah hes a little weird. Souths is all i know and all ive wanted to know.

I spoke to my father today for like the 2nd time this year, we just dont really get on but we spoke in depth about the bunnies season and our upcoming venture into the 2007 finals. Thats all we have together and all we can talk about is souths.

Every souths fan knows why they follow the rabbits and has had the unpleasure of 17 years of fallen dreams.

As we stand on the verge of our first finals series in so long i dont care if we get bundled out in the first round ( although i think we can win it ) im just proud that the greatest jersey with the cardnial and myrtle stripes is now being worn proudly by so many.

As you said Dave these other Souths LU forumers just show how much it means to each one us wheter you have followed the team all you life or just recently thought.. "hey ill give em a go" every time i log on and read the posts i feel more confident of our teams future.

Ok now im sorry if this post is a bit touchy feely but hey thats what they mean to me.

Cheer hard Souths fans and win lose or draw or god forbid me miss out the 8 i know everyone here will be proud of the boys.

Dave Q

Coach
Rocky Rabbit said:
Dave i think everyone agrees with your post about the pride and passion of the fans of the mighty rabbits.

Unfortunately unlike yourself and im sure theres alot of us on here i have never been to a finals game or even a grand final. i refuse to go to either till my beloved rabbits are in them. In 89 i was only 11 so i didnt attend but still remember the heart break in my parents faces when we were bundled out.

being a south sydney fan isnt something thats easy and i dont think its something you choose. The rabbits choose you. My parents a both massive souths fans even to the point that my father made sure when i was born that i was born facing towards Redfern... yeah hes a little weird. Souths is all i know and all ive wanted to know.

I spoke to my father today for like the 2nd time this year, we just dont really get on but we spoke in depth about the bunnies season and our upcoming venture into the 2007 finals. Thats all we have together and all we can talk about is souths.

Every souths fan knows why they follow the rabbits and has had the unpleasure of 17 years of fallen dreams.

As we stand on the verge of our first finals series in so long i dont care if we get bundled out in the first round ( although i think we can win it ) im just proud that the greatest jersey with the cardnial and myrtle stripes is now being worn proudly by so many.

As you said Dave these other Souths LU forumers just show how much it means to each one us wheter you have followed the team all you life or just recently thought.. "hey ill give em a go" every time i log on and read the posts i feel more confident of our teams future.

Ok now im sorry if this post is a bit touchy feely but hey thats what they mean to me.

Cheer hard Souths fans and win lose or draw or god forbid me miss out the 8 i know everyone here will be proud of the boys.

That was quite touching Rocky, thanks for sharing.

punton

Juniors
Rocky Rabbit said:

Sensational Rocky.

Those that have got behind the club through the most difficult period in our history (last 18 years) represent the spirit of South Sydney.

It has been like believing in God.

Intangible evidence, just pure unadulterated spirit.

I have been lucky to witness finals performances live but never a premiership.

The kids who support our club deserve this more than anyone else.

They are the innocents who follow as blindly as the rest of us but without the political scars.

God bless SSFC and God bless the children, they are at the forefront of our golden future.

Dave Q

Coach
punton said:
Sensational Rocky.

Those that have got behind the club through the most difficult period in our history (last 18 years) represent the spirit of South Sydney.

It has been like believing in God.

Intangible evidence, just pure unadulterated spirit.

I have been lucky to witness finals performances live but never a premiership.

The kids who support our club deserve this more than anyone else.

They are the innocents who follow as blindly as the rest of us but without the political scars.

God bless SSFC and God bless the children, they are at the forefront of our golden future.

Amen.

God or other ominipotent being, please bless Souths and us fans.

Deliver us to the finals henceforth.

And may our rabbitoh children grow up to believe.

hairy

Juniors
Been up sh*t creek without a paddle for 18 loooong cold years, but now I've found one and I'm a paddling as fast as I can Mumma!!!

Thanks Knights :D congrats on putting all the joey crap to one side and playing with heaps of guts and pride. Well done:clap:

Bunnies in the finals
Yee-hah!:crazy:

Dave Q

Coach
Seems that God logs onto League Unlimited..

YEE HAH!

I reckon a bit of counselling, respect and experience-sharing is not amiss at a time like this.

As much as I rejoice, I remember and honour our ancestoral fans and members who have passed on, honouring our club right up to their last breath.

I also think of those who fought courageously to re-instate us and this proof of their grace in doing so.

FirstHitup

I hope we rip in today and put the fear into the first side we play.. this comp is there for anyone's taking. 1-8 means diddly squat- whoever turns up on the day will win.

Dave Q

Coach
Lock down time,

Look as if I'm the last to leave for the game today.

Up the rabbitohs, lets bring this baby home!

Latest posts