What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

Jimminy

Juniors
I haven't read the hundred odd posts here but what I think about the broncos next year is who knows? Great team. One obvious change. Someone who trains well and is given a real shot in his position may thrive. Got my season tickets. Can't wait!

Jimminy

Juniors
I haven't read the hundred odd posts here but what I think about the broncos next year is who knows? Great team. One obvious change. Someone who trains well and is given a real shot in his position may thrive. Got my season tickets. Can't wait!

I also meant to say let's see how well Wallace steps up removed from the shadow

some11

Referee
I also meant to say let's see how well Wallace steps up removed from the shadow

Despite being a great defender, he is still fairly clueless in attack. Shits me to tears when he cant figure out what to do and just takes a hit-up.

I keep saying it every year but this is his time to step up or look elsewhere.

Jimminy

Juniors
Despite being a great defender, he is still fairly clueless in attack. Shits me to tears when he cant figure out what to do and just takes a hit-up.

I keep saying it every year but this is his time to step up or look elsewhere.

I reckon he will this year

Mr Fourex

Bench
fingers-crossed.jpg

gUt

Coach
We will miss Locky's long kicking game for field position. McCullough needs to step up with accurate kicks from dummy half.

Big Pete

Referee
Trial side vs. Cowboys

1. Dane Gagai
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Dale Copley
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Ben Hunt
7. Corey Norman
8. Scott Anderson
9. Luke Capewell
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Nick Slyney
12. Mitchell Frei
13. Brendon Gibb

14. Nathaniel Barnes
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Chris Binge
17. Paul Ivan
18. Sam Martin
19. Matt Smith
20. Dan Wallace
21. Stephen Coombe

Source: Ins and Outs

AuDragon

Juniors
We will miss Locky's long kicking game for field position. McCullough needs to step up with accurate kicks from dummy half.
Actually, Norman has a very good long kicking game. What worries me most about him is consistency and concentration in defense.

What we'll miss most, is Locky's demeanor under stress and in tight situations.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
yeh very good looking backline, hopefully Hunt and Norman can both step up and really lead the team well and put in some great kicks, because that is the part of Locky's game that is going to be missed the most, well that and his calm demeanour.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
For some reason I am excited about the prospect of Kahu, even though I think I've only seen him play a couple of times.

Gagai should kill it at fullback if the field dries up.

Big Pete

Referee
COWBOYS SQUAD:
1. David Milne
2. Mosese Pangai
3. Kane Linnett
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Ray Thompson
7. Sam Foster
8. Ricky Thorby
9. James Segeyaro
10. Ashton Sims ©
11. Scott Bolton
12. Jason Taumalolo
13. Tyson Martin

Interchange: Wayne Ulugia, Chad Grintell, Luke Harlen, Sam Hoare, Ethan Lowe, Dane Hogan, Ryan Ghietti, Kyle Feldt, Chris Grevsmuhl.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I though Hunt was the "natural" 7 and Norman was the natural 6.....?

Why have they been switched.

I realise it's a trial......

Smiley

Bench
Anyone heading out to Redcliffe tonight?

I've got tickets to the All-Stars but hope to make it to Pizzey Park next weekend.

Didgi

Yeah, anyone going? Hoping for some reports on how certain players go for both sides. Good luck, may each stay injury free is the main thing.

Big Pete

Referee
Brisbane Broncos 28 (Gagai, Gibb, Copley, Barnes, Coombe Tries; Frei 0/1, Hunt 2/2, Norman 2/2 Goals) def. North Queensland 22 (Bolton, Thompson, Segeyaro, Ulugia Tries; Foster 2, Fai Fai Loa Goals)

McCullough came into the side for Capewell, Cullen was added to the bench.

Stand outs were Norman, Gagai & Gibb. Kahu left the field and initial reports suggest he's done his ACL again.

For the Cowboys, Thompson and Segeyaro were said to have had impressive games.

Latest posts