What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Jason Maher

Immortal
I think they should tax those Premierships at 50% and redistribute them to Cronulla, North Queensland, and the Warriors.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't care about the fines. Even premierships, they haven't won anything since clubs figured out it would be a good idea to not leave 90% of Queensland to Broncos scouts. They're nothing special on the field anymore.

But if any wrongdoing is found to have been done I want them to be hit in the only place matters, competition points.

I think this is something that just started happening?

TheDalek079

Bench
I wouldn't trust Moley. He's the idiot that suggested Manly would be stripped of a premiership due to the ASADA investigations

bottle

Coach
Hooper on MMM earlier today said something along the lines of 'alleged misappropriation of third party funds by a former great'.
No link, so don't know if the mods can let that one through.
Will find out I suppose.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hooper on MMM earlier today said something along the lines of 'alleged misappropriation of third party funds by a former great'.
Will find out I suppose.

I was told that via PM a couple of days ago, shared it with a few fellow Bronco fans. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Canard

Immortal
Will find out I suppose.

What I can't fathom is how that is a salary cap issue though.

Misappropriating money isn't a salary cap concern, maybe the investigation into this uncovered the salary cap issues.

insert.pause

First Grade
What I can't fathom is how that is a salary cap issue though.

Misappropriating money isn't a salary cap concern, maybe the investigation into this uncovered the salary cap issues.

It is if the misappropriation is being done to pay players, which is the way I read it. If the Leagues club is involved then maybe it is to do with the sponsorship money they pay the football club being used to pay players, which would constitute an illegal third party agreement, unless declared under the marquee player allowance.

However, if that were the situation I would imagine the football club would become aware very quickly if they had not received sponsorship revenue, which may explain why players were allegedly never actually paid it.

Latest posts