What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Kiwi

First Grade
Just like all Broncos fans seem to think they're in the know

We are going off the 450k that has been released and not taking the 450k, adding a whole lot of wishful thinking and making out like we are worse than the dogs or storm were. I bet you defended your club when the news was breaking on them, even though it was a lot worse I bet you didn't accept people over exaggerating till it was all released, same with the Storm.

dogslife

Coach
We are going off the 450k that has been released and not taking the 450k, adding a whole lot of wishful thinking and making out like we are worse than the dogs or storm were. I bet you defended your club when the news was breaking on them, even though it was a lot worse I bet you didn't accept people over exaggerating till it was all released, same with the Storm.
I was 12.

And no I didn't pretend I was CEO, which is what I'm implying a lot of Broncos fans think they are right now

Kiwi

First Grade
I was 12.

And no I didn't pretend I was CEO, which is what I'm implying a lot of Broncos fans think they are right now

Not really, like I said we are talking what has been released, giving our opinion, there are plenty on the other side of the debate who are making out as if it's guaranteed the Broncos are way over the cap and have been for years, it's a given for them and will be no matter the out come, it'll either be we get done and they will be I told you so or nothing will come of it and they'll be crying cover up and still calling us cheats. Damned if we are innocent and damned if we're guilty. This is so "big" there has been what 2 or 3 articles on it since it broke that could even be classed as different. A storm in a tea cup.

As of now I'm done, you lot can speculate and make false assumptions based on zero evidence and despite a specific number released all you want, knock yourselves out, don't let any facts get in the way of the hate. Enjoy

Canard

Immortal
This is the worst team in Broncos history, If they are over the cap with this below par mob, then the CEO should start looking for another job, down in the mines.

There is not one superstar in this squad. Surely they did not pay big money for a burnt out Barba, and what are they paying for half a game Hodges, peanuts i hope.
Basketcase is a kind word for this club. I would love to say what i really think of this club that has not grown at all since Bennett left.

A cynic might suggest that this is just the first time the club has been caught out though.

But not me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
On the Footy Show Andrew Johns made a point of all the stars the Broncos had in their heyday. Tallis said they were "just" under the cap.

giggity giggity

Juniors
Not really, like I said we are talking what has been released, giving our opinion, there are plenty on the other side of the debate who are making out as if it's guaranteed the Broncos are way over the cap and have been for years, it's a given for them and will be no matter the out come, it'll either be we get done and they will be I told you so or nothing will come of it and they'll be crying cover up and still calling us cheats. Damned if we are innocent and damned if we're guilty. This is so "big" there has been what 2 or 3 articles on it since it broke that could even be classed as different. A storm in a tea cup.

As of now I'm done, you lot can speculate and make false assumptions based on zero evidence and despite a specific number released all you want,knock yourselves out, don't let any facts get in the way of the hate. Enjoy

pot/kettle/black something like that:roll:
No one can begrudge you for standing up for your club,just like you cant begrudge some of us on this forum hoping that something does come out of this investigation into your scum/cheating club,But what makes you think you know more about the facts regarding this situation than say anyone on this forum?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
On the Footy Show Andrew Johns made a point of all the stars the Broncos had in their heyday. Tallis said they were "just" under the cap.

The Rabbitohs had proposed to list Inglis under the salary cap at $190,000 next season and $350,000 for each of the following two years and argued that the NRL agreed to a similar arrangement for Sam Burgess, who was valued at $175,000 last season and $350,000 for the remaining three years of his contract.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...over-ruling-20101219-191zp.html#ixzz33Ah9oRN6

BunniesMan

Immortal
It'll be very interesting to see how this turns out. And if wrongdoing is found will they follow the precedent set in the Storm scandal and will this punishment, financially and in terms of points, be relative to the Storm punishment or will the new regime start a new precedent.

The Rabbitohs had proposed to list Inglis under the salary cap at $190,000 next season and $350,000 for each of the following two years and argued that the NRL agreed to a similar arrangement for Sam Burgess, who was valued at $175,000 last season and $350,000 for the remaining three years of his contract.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...over-ruling-20101219-191zp.html#ixzz33Ah9oRN6

So they asked for something got it declined and accepted the decision and followed that instruction. Hang them! Hang them all.

oikee

Juniors

Is this some sort of joke. ? No wonder Sydney clubs never go over the cap.
The Broncos will be OK, this cap is becoming the biggest joke in world sport.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
It'll be very interesting to see how this turns out. And if wrongdoing is found will they follow the precedent set in the Storm scandal and will this punishment, financially and in terms of points, be relative to the Storm punishment or will the new regime start a new precedent.

So they asked for something got it declined and accepted the decision and followed that instruction. Hang them! Hang them all.

I was directing you to Sam B @ 175K you numpty .

coolsteve

Juniors
so Big Sam Burgess came all the way from England for an average $350,000 a season? salary cap, schmalory cap

Kiwi

First Grade
pot/kettle/black something like that:roll:
No one can begrudge you for standing up for your club,just like you cant begrudge some of us on this forum hoping that something does come out of this investigation into your scum/cheating club,But what makes you think you know more about the facts regarding this situation than say anyone on this forum?

You see I am only talking about the 450k, not what I personally think the real figure is, even the article that was released today is still saying only the 450k over three years that is being investigated. People want to make out like the 450k over three years is as bad as the Storms or Bulldogs systematic cheating involving millions of dollars shouldn't expect Bronco fans to agree or not say anything. I am not saying it's less than 450k, in fact even admitted that most of that could even be in one year of the three years, who knows. I have only shown precedence's that have been set in the past for similar amounts and similar circumstances. Others however prefer to aim higher than that and try and compare to the Storm and Bulldogs, and again I say if that ends up being the case throw the book at us, then pick it up and throw it again for being inept cheaters. I won't be responding to dipshits like Bulldogs life and bunniesman for obvious reason but was happy to reply to you, you do seem a lot more on the level despite your obvious hatred for the club shinning though at times.

Smiley

Bench
If the Broncos received cap relief for Yow Yeh we wouldn't be talking about this.

No we do the right thing and kept paying the bloke and now we get f**ked for it.

Latest posts