What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

nick87

Coach
Have the Broncos been done for cap rorting? No so careful how fine a line you tread. What I believe is irrelevant, it comes down to what can be proven, and if anything can the Broncos would be punished.

And are you naive enough to think the Broncos are the only one? Line Canterbury, Storm, Warriors, Manly, Souths, Roosters ect up behind them easily.

Are any of those clubs named being investigated for 300k of unaccounted for expenses?
Im perfectly happy with the line i tread. Until they come clean about this thing, to me they are cheats, the same way that a performer using masking agents is a cheat. They are masking evidence, the only logical conclusion to be made here is they are doing so because they are cheating, if they werent, why wouldnt they just come clean and explain what happened?

What you believe is very much relevant to me. I want to know if you are an actual idiot, like someone actually dumb enough to buy this shit your club is pedalling, or if you are simply just a homer fan worried that if this thing doesnt go away, the chickens might be finally coming home to roost.

blaza88z

Coach
At this point it is not even up for debate that if this was virtually any other club concealing payments of this magnitude, it would be playing out in a very, very different way.

you mean 300k?

you make it sound like there's a 2nd set of books or something :lol:

Have the Broncos been done for cap rorting? No so careful how fine a line you tread. What I believe is irrelevant, it comes down to what can be proven, and if anything can the Broncos would be punished.

And are you naive enough to think the Broncos are the only one? Line Canterbury, Storm, Warriors, Manly, Souths, Roosters ect up behind them easily.

And this is very different to a masking agent. A masking agent is actually a listed banned substance so there is no comparison.

This topic is starting to head towards defamation as there is starting to be some blatant accusations that can not be proven.

Hang on just a tick there Ol mate.

To say it only comes down to what can be proven tends to ignore the facts of missing money, resignations, refusal to cooperate with the NRL investigators etc, etc, etc. it is the actions of the club, the Board and people like Mr Gee that leaves those posting about this in here pissed off and critical of your club.

It stinks and seriously it would probably better for Bronco fans to also be saying that what ever went on, it stinks.

As I said before, if it was my club there would be hell to pay and this would be chased for as long as it took to crucify us.

Protected species in Brisbane

mxlegend99

Referee
Do Broncos fans honestly believe there's a legitimate reason for the missing money? Are any of you seriously convinced.everything is above board?

Sure it's possible, but considering the way they have handled mattera and the refusal to cooperate, the odds are massively stacked in favour of them trying to hide the fact they were doing something dodgy. If everything is above board, they would surely cooperate and get the matter sorted.

I doubt many other clubs would be let off the hook so easily.

nick87

Coach
The Raiders were fined 173k for breaching their salary cap by 286k in 2006, given we've since seen a salary cap rise you could argue that was more significant than what this is in today's environment

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League_salary_cap

Except those issues related to the much maligned 2nd teir cap, these were known by the club, known by the NRL.

These arent related to 300k in which we have no way of accounting where it went, our CEO and others havent quit in disgrace and refused to co-operate with NRL officials on this matter.

Again, do you honestly believe the shit you write?

The Raiders were fined 173k for breaching their salary cap by 286k in 2006, given we've since seen a salary cap rise you could argue that was more significant than what this is in today's environment

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League_salary_cap

That's not really a comparative situation now is it?

Maybe if Broncs reported it as a salary cap breach, but as Kiwi is at pains to point out, that's not the case. Not proven, so didn't happen. Just $300k, nice person mysteriously gone, then the same tooth fairy put the money back under the clubs pillow case.

All good, nothing to see here.

When did the president of FIFA start running your club

Bulldog Force

Referee
25% hahahaha ahhh no. There are definately clubs who have been just as active as us if not more so. Dragons, Eels, Sharks, Raiders to name a few.

There is nothing wrong with what Bennett is saying, he believes the system is broken and needs fixing. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't operate with in the rules of the current system in the best way possible for his club. Anything else would be like laying in a pile of sand that use to be boulders with a wand in your eye and then waving the wand turning every part of yourself into sand except your eye ball which now has a wand and a shitload of sand in it.

I never specified one-way traffic. There have been 20 play transfers this off-season alone, and by that, we don't just mean players changing clubs, we mean players who have broken contracts to change club. For the Broncos to have 25% of it means at least 5 players have either come or gone from the club.

Well... the following 6 players did not see out their previous contracts with their former clubs.

• Justin Hoffman - OUT (Titans)
  • Ben Hannant - OUT (Cowboys)
  • Ben Barba - OUT (Sharks)
  • Darius Boyd - IN (Knights)
  • Adam Blair - IN (Tigers)
  • Anthony Milford- IN (Raiders)
6 players, that's over 25%.

I never specified one-way traffic. There have been 20 play transfers this off-season alone, and by that, we don't just mean players changing clubs, we mean players who have broken contracts to change club. For the Broncos to have 25% of it means at least 5 players have either come or gone from the club.

Well... the following 6 players did not see out their previous contracts with their former clubs.

• Justin Hoffman - OUT (Titans)
  • Ben Hannant - OUT (Cowboys)
  • Ben Barba - OUT (Sharks)
  • Darius Boyd - IN (Knights)
  • Adam Blair - IN (Tigers)
  • Anthony Milford- IN (Raiders)
6 players, that's over 25%.

Oh shit Math.

Hang on I need to ring Andrew

blaza88z

Coach
Except those issues related to the much maligned 2nd teir cap, these were known by the club, known by the NRL.

These arent related to 300k in which we have no way of accounting where it went, our CEO and others havent quit in disgrace and refused to co-operate with NRL officials on this matter.

who give a f**k where it went, it's a breach, end of

why would he care to co-operate, he's no longer employed by the club or the game so why would he care enough to co-operate, you wouldn't go back to your old job to dob in a co-worker would you?

actually, I think you would.. you strike me as that kind of guy.. woof woof

blaza88z

Coach
That's not really a comparative situation now is it?

Maybe if Broncs reported it as a salary cap breach, but as Kiwi is at pains to point out, that's not the case. Not proven, so didn't happen. Just $300k, nice person mysteriously gone, then the same tooth fairy put the money back under the clubs pillow case.

All good, nothing to see here.

When did the president of FIFA start running your club

oh yeah, because all clubs are reporting their potential breaches to the NRL these days :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Are any of those clubs named being investigated for 300k of unaccounted for expenses?
Im perfectly happy with the line i tread. Until they come clean about this thing, to me they are cheats, the same way that a performer using masking agents is a cheat. They are masking evidence, the only logical conclusion to be made here is they are doing so because they are cheating, if they werent, why wouldnt they just come clean and explain what happened?

What you believe is very much relevant to me. I want to know if you are an actual idiot, like someone actually dumb enough to buy this shit your club is pedalling, or if you are simply just a homer fan worried that if this thing doesnt go away, the chickens might be finally coming home to roost.
They are no longer being investigated, it's over.

A masking agent is a listed banned substance, there is no comparison no matter how much you want there to be one. You can't penalize unless you have proof, the NRL has none time to move on.

Personally I believe ALL clubs cheat the cap on a regular basis. I think you would have to naive to think otherwise.

who give a f**k where it went, it's a breach, end of

why would he care to co-operate, he's no longer employed by the club or the game so why would he care enough to co-operate, you wouldn't go back to your old job to dob in a co-worker would you?

I hope you put a peg on your nose first.

Sand will get in there pretty quick you know

blaza88z

Coach
I hope you put a peg on your nose first.

Sand will get in there pretty quick you know

why aren't you on your knees thanking my club for gifting your club a glimmer of hope in 2014 by gifting you Ben Barba, you should be doing that instead of throwing minor little insults at me

and they are minor, let me just clarify that

nick87

Coach

That sentence tells us all we need to know about you. Basically admitting you think that Gee co-operating would be "dogging" them, there for it's essentially an admission that you know your club is a f**king pack of dirty cheats.

And yet, you defend them. Typical Broncos fans. No courage to stand up against your club despite knowing they are doing the wrong thing. Pathetic.

ek999

First Grade

Based on the last few years they should...

Hang on, I thought Barba was shit and uncle Wayne did you all a huge favour?

Minor insults?

No, no, no, no, no. You have it all wrong there my queensland cousin. No insults, just observations.

It's not hard to say, your club were obviously up to something that's not kosher, have hidden it to the point nothing can be proven and a number of high profile people have walked the plank to protect the club.

Why is that so hard? Not that difficult to remove you head out of you sand filled arse is it?

Was it Cap, be stuffed if I know, but clearly something very unsavoury about the whole thing.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Based on the last few years they should...

This isnt about my club's CEO and his performance, much as you would like to divert the debate that way. If you'd like to discuss that, go and make a thread about it.

This is about your club, it's conduct and the fact it should now be treated as cheats until this matter is resolved

Latest posts