What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Snappy

Coach
Sure it's possible, but considering the way they have handled mattera and the refusal to cooperate, the odds are massively stacked in favour of them trying to hide the fact they were doing something dodgy. If everything is above board, they would surely cooperate and get the matter sorted.

Refusal to cooperate? Broncos alerted the NRL to the irregularities and then opened the books for the investigation. The only person who didn't cooperate was Gee, and since he quit Broncos cant make him talk with the NRL.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Refusal to cooperate? Broncos alerted the NRL to the irregularities and then opened the books for the investigation. The only person who didn't cooperate was Gee, and since he quit Broncos cant make him talk with the NRL.

:lol:

Yep. Noting was orchestrated there :sarcasm:

ek999

First Grade
Having a look at the Broncos balance sheet, $300k is less than 2% of cash on hand, about 1% of net assets and less than 1% of total assets of the company. Seeing as though the amount was also repaid I can't see why ASIC would want to waste their time.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hang on just a tick there Ol mate.

To say it only comes down to what can be proven tends to ignore the facts of missing money, resignations, refusal to cooperate with the NRL investigators etc, etc, etc. it is the actions of the club, the Board and people like Mr Gee that leaves those posting about this in here pissed off and critical of your club.

It stinks and seriously it would probably better for Bronco fans to also be saying that what ever went on, it stinks.

As I said before, if it was my club there would be hell to pay and this would be chased for as long as it took to crucify us.

Protected species in Brisbane

sounds to me like u have a sandy wand stuck in your arse

Kiwi

First Grade
Here are a few questions...

is this still being investigated?

If not were the Broncos found guilty if it has finished?

All that matters is the answers to those questions. Anything else is speculation, sour grapes and probably lining up the excuses for when we are strong again from 2015 and our next title looking very close.

Bench
I never specified one-way traffic. There have been 20 play transfers this off-season alone, and by that, we don't just mean players changing clubs, we mean players who have broken contracts to change club. For the Broncos to have 25% of it means at least 5 players have either come or gone from the club.

Well... the following 6 players did not see out their previous contracts with their former clubs.

• Justin Hoffman - OUT (Titans)
  • Ben Hannant - OUT (Cowboys)
  • Ben Barba - OUT (Sharks)
  • Darius Boyd - IN (Knights)
  • Adam Blair - IN (Tigers)
  • Anthony Milford- IN (Raiders)
6 players, that's over 25%.

Add Gavet who didn't see out his contract.

Kiwi

First Grade
I never specified one-way traffic. There have been 20 play transfers this off-season alone, and by that, we don't just mean players changing clubs, we mean players who have broken contracts to change club. For the Broncos to have 25% of it means at least 5 players have either come or gone from the club.

Well... the following 6 players did not see out their previous contracts with their former clubs.

• Justin Hoffman - OUT (Titans)
  • Ben Hannant - OUT (Cowboys)
  • Ben Barba - OUT (Sharks)
  • Darius Boyd - IN (Knights)
  • Adam Blair - IN (Tigers)
  • Anthony Milford- IN (Raiders)
6 players, that's over 25%.
I stand corrected thought you were referring players changing clubs in general.

You list is wrong by the way. Drop Hannant who was not contracted for 2015 and add Gavet and Hala to the list. Doesn't change the point though about it being irrelevant.

nick87

Coach
Here are a few questions...

is this still being investigated?

If not were the Broncos found guilty if it has finished?

All that matters is the answers to those questions. Anything else is speculation, sour grapes and probably lining up the excuses for when we are strong again from 2015 and our next title looking very close.

that's all that matters TO YOU. The rest of us arent Broncos fans, and the fact this has been swept under the rug to protect your club is very much something that matters to fans of the other 15 clubs.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
that's all that matters TO YOU. The rest of us arent Broncos fans, and the fact this has been swept under the rug to protect your club is very much something that matters to fans of the other 15 clubs.

sandy wand stuck in your arse?
among other things I'm sure.

Kiwi

First Grade
Innocent until PROVEN guilty not guilty until proven innocent or in this case guilty due to speculation and assumptions. If the Nrl can't prove anything that's their problem not the Broncos.

Bench
Small article in the tele saying Brisbane are paying $200k of Barba's contract,and $150k of Kennedy's.yet they still keep buying.

nick87

Coach
Innocent until PROVEN guilty not guilty until proven innocent or in this case guilty due to speculation and assumptions. If the Nrl can't prove anything that's their problem not the Broncos.

Again, i invoke the example of athletes using masking agents. When you are knowingly covering up something, the onus goes on YOU to prove it's not what it looks like

They suspend athletes for using masking agents whether they can prove they took PEDs or not, the fact they are taking masking agents is enough

IMO, if the Broncos are above board on this, they'd come clean, they fact they havent come clean, are not cooperating, have had a number of high profile HQ staff walk the plank to so they can not be held accountable very much puts the onus back on the Broncos to prove this is not what it looks like. They are masking payments and playing dumb, no one is buying it, not even their own fans.

The NRL should reprimand them heavily as if systematic cheating.
I bet if they did, the Broncos would find some more info and clear this matter up pretty quickly, and accept the fine and minimal loss of points that might come with what they have done.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Small article in the tele saying Brisbane are paying $200k of Barba's contract,and $150k of Kennedy's.yet they still keep buying.

They're using that special Queensland money - King Wally is on one side and Pauline Hansen is on the other.

blaza88z

Coach
Again, i invoke the example of athletes using masking agents. When you are knowingly covering up something, the onus goes on YOU to prove it's not what it looks like

They suspend athletes for using masking agents whether they can prove they took PEDs or not, the fact they are taking masking agents is enough

IMO, if the Broncos are above board on this, they'd come clean, they fact they havent come clean, are not cooperating, have had a number of high profile HQ staff walk the plank to so they can not be held accountable very much puts the onus back on the Broncos to prove this is not what it looks like. They are masking payments and playing dumb, no one is buying it, not even their own fans.

The NRL should reprimand them heavily as if systematic cheating.
I bet if they did, the Broncos would find some more info and clear this matter up pretty quickly, and accept the fine and minimal loss of points that might come with what they have done.

Thank f**k you're not a judge with that sort of thinking :lol:

Latest posts