What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Broncos are a truly vile club. The underhanded tactics outlined in that article are proof enough of their dodgy dealings.

They'll invent a homesickness excuse to wrench a player away from a Sydney club. But when they decide they no longer want that player they'll throw him to the curb in a heartbeat. Classic Broncos.

some11

Referee
They'll invent a homesickness excuse to wrench a player away from a Sydney club. But when they decide they no longer want that player they'll throw him to the curb in a heartbeat. Classic Broncos.

Yes, much more astute to hang onto under performing players.

Aggressive recruitment tactics are only performed by the Broncos.

Keep it coming.

Spot On

Coach
Most premierships in the last 30 odd years says otherwise my friend, most successful team in the modern era.

Walked straight in to that one mate.

Oh dear. Go back and read the preceding page and the part Elephant in the Room highlighted from Snappy's quote. Twas quite funny to the humans. Understandable a monkey would have missed it though.

Geez, you're thicker than Kmav, and no one thought he would he surpassed.

Looks like you've really walked into a kick in the nuts this time.

Do yourself a favour, don't try so hard.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Wayne is going on record that he doesn't like the way player movements are harmful to the game

Like playing king of the castle on a pile of boulders and when you reach the top waving a wand turning everything except the one you're standing on to sand

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wayne is going on record that he doesn't like the way player movements are harmful to the game

Like playing king of the castle on a pile of boulders and when you reach the top waving a wand turning everything except the one you're standing on to sand

Yeah, nah, it's nothing like that at all.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm a fan of Rodney Rude but I don't listen to it every morning Tuffy.

That's quite the insult too Tuffs, 'little man'. Very cutting. It's a bit like standing on a boulder and waving a wand and then the boulder turns to sand and you fall off the sand and the wand gets stuck in your eye.

Bulldog Force

Referee

And that's despite the fact that his club alone is responsible for something like 25% of player transfer this off season!

Kiwi

First Grade
The NRL should tell the Broncos they'll lose 2 points every week until they clear this fraud up.
This again. You can't punish without proof and if they had actual proof then they would have punished by now.

nick87

Coach
This again. You can't punish without proof and if they had actual proof then they would have punished by now.

If you actually believe the shit you pedal, I've got some property you might be interested in.

Whether you like it or not, until this is cleared up, until the Broncos stop concealing the evidence and come clean on what went on, they should be treated as cheats.

In sports you get banned for taking a PE masking agent, whether you used PEDs or not. This is no different, until they come clean on what on earth went on, i.e whilst they are using the masking agent, it should assumed they are doing it to mask their cheating.

Kiwi

First Grade
And that's despite the fact that his club alone is responsible for something like 25% of player transfer this off season!
25% hahahaha ahhh no. There are definately clubs who have been just as active as us if not more so. Dragons, Eels, Sharks, Raiders to name a few.

There is nothing wrong with what Bennett is saying, he believes the system is broken and needs fixing. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't operate with in the rules of the current system in the best way possible for his club. Anything else would be like laying in a pile of sand that use to be boulders with a wand in your eye and then waving the wand turning every part of yourself into sand except your eye ball which now has a wand and a shitload of sand in it.

25% hahahaha ahhh no. There are definately clubs who have been just as active as us if not more so. Dragons, Eels, Sharks, Raiders to name a few.

There is nothing wrong with what Bennett is saying, he believes the system is broken and needs fixing. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't operate with in the rules of the current system in the best way possible for his club. Anything else would be like laying in a pile of sand that use to be boulders with a wand in your eye and then waving the wand turning every part of yourself into sand except your eye ball which now has a wand and a shitload of sand in it.

Pretty fair summation there Kiwi

Kiwi

First Grade
If you actually believe the shit you pedal, I've got some property you might be interested in.

Whether you like it or not, until this is cleared up, until the Broncos stop concealing the evidence and come clean on what went on, they should be treated as cheats.

In sports you get banned for taking a PE masking agent, whether you used PEDs or not. This is no different, until they come clean on what on earth went on, i.e whilst they are using the masking agent, it should assumed they are doing it to mask their cheating.
Have the Broncos been done for cap rorting? No so careful how fine a line you tread. What I believe is irrelevant, it comes down to what can be proven, and if anything can the Broncos would be punished.

And are you naive enough to think the Broncos are the only one? Line Canterbury, Storm, Warriors, Manly, Souths, Roosters ect up behind them easily.

And this is very different to a masking agent. A masking agent is actually a listed banned substance so there is no comparison.

This topic is starting to head towards defamation as there is starting to be some blatant accusations that can not be proven.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
I'm a fan of Rodney Rude but I don't listen to it every morning Tuffy.

That's quite the insult too Tuffs, 'little man'. Very cutting. It's a bit like standing on a boulder and waving a wand and then the boulder turns to sand and you fall off the sand and the wand gets stuck in your eye.

Perhaps I should stop adding to your instability for both our sake, I might be in danger of awarding you the sympathy vote which would defeat the purpose of retaliation

nick87

Coach
I just wonder how this whole thing would be going down if it was the Sharks and not the Bronco's.

Very, very different I suspect

At this point it is not even up for debate that if this was virtually any other club concealing payments of this magnitude, it would be playing out in a very, very different way.