What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

blaza88z

Coach
Hang on, I thought Barba was shit and uncle Wayne did you all a huge favour?

Minor insults?

No, no, no, no, no. You have it all wrong there my queensland cousin. No insults, just observations.

It's not hard to say, your club were obviously up to something that's not kosher, have hidden it to the point nothing can be proven and a number of high profile people have walked the plank to protect the club.

Why is that so hard? Not that difficult to remove you head out of you sand filled arse is it?

Was it Cap, be stuffed if I know, but clearly something very unsavoury about the whole thing.

good good, not jumping to crazy conclusions puts you one up on some of other anti-brisbane muppets in this thread

Jubileeboy

First Grade
This isnt about my club's CEO and his performance, much as you would like to divert the debate that way. If you'd like to discuss that, go and make a thread about it.

This is about your club, it's conduct and the fact it should now be treated as cheats until this matter is resolved

Last sentence sums it up for me.
Sure hope those Broncos closets are kept locked, nice and securely.

blaza88z

Coach
This isnt about my club's CEO and his performance, much as you would like to divert the debate that way. If you'd like to discuss that, go and make a thread about it.

This is about your club, it's conduct and the fact it should now be treated as cheats until this matter is resolved

you're the only one in here fighting this topic with ironfist, others can accept that it's only 300k and when compared to other breaches in the past it's not significant.. sure the money went missing, I don't know where, you sure as hell don't know where, no one knows where but you're super quick to jump the gun and call us dirty cheats and whatever else you can think up in that pea pod brain of yours

you just can't let it go, I expect to see you holding up a sign on a post outside of Broncos HQ in the pre-season

blaza88z

Coach
I never specified one-way traffic. There have been 20 play transfers this off-season alone, and by that, we don't just mean players changing clubs, we mean players who have broken contracts to change club. For the Broncos to have 25% of it means at least 5 players have either come or gone from the club.

Well... the following 6 players did not see out their previous contracts with their former clubs.

• Justin Hoffman - OUT (Titans)
  • Ben Hannant - OUT (Cowboys)
  • Ben Barba - OUT (Sharks)
  • Darius Boyd - IN (Knights)
  • Adam Blair - IN (Tigers)
  • Anthony Milford- IN (Raiders)
6 players, that's over 25%.

holy f**k, how can you include players leaving as a club being active in a "transfer" window

all 3 of those players that left, we got nothing back from the club involved thus making it not a transfer but a release

nick87

Coach
you're the only one in here fighting this topic with ironfist, others can accept that it's only 300k and when compared to other breaches in the past it's not significant.. sure the money went missing, I don't know where, you sure as hell don't know where, no one knows where but you're super quick to jump the gun and call us dirty cheats and whatever else you can think up in that pea pod brain of yours

you just can't let it go, I expect to see you holding up a sign on a post outside of Broncos HQ in the pre-season

Im typing a f**king computer, not waging a holy war :lol:
talk about f**king pea brain!

Until your club comes clean, the only logical assumption to make is your club is concealing evidence because are indeed cheats. The value of the money is almost irrelevant to this debate, it's how it's been used and whether is has been used to circumvent the salary cap, and if so, is this a one off, or is this simply scratching the surface.

If it's a one off, if it was a error, just come clean. Tell the NRL what happened, they'll fine your club, your club can afford it, pay it and we all move on. But whilst ever this remains unresolved, it's fair to assume that the reason the Broncos are not cooperating is because there is more to this than you are trying to sell us.

As i said, this is essentially masking agent for salary cap fraud. Whether they are guilty or not, at this stage, given they are masking payments, much like an athlete masking PEDs, the onus now shifts to them to prove this was a simple error and cop the punishment of that over sight, or face the FULL consequences of systematic cheating.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
get that sign on a post ready pal, the investigations are complete and nothing sinister was found

looks like you're going to have start a rally or nothing will be done, despite your attempts to try and compare a banned substance to a financial situation.. talk about clutching at straws

The Broncos did co-operate, from day one so don't try and paint the club with the same brush you've painted Andrew Gee with (who is no longer employed by the club), so it's not fair to assume, it's unfair to assume given the club laid down the red carpet and gave them VIP access into the goings on at the club, just because 1 guy who has no interest in the club anymore won't talk to those involved leaves a foul taste in your mouth doesn't mean we are systematically cheating, you can't prove it

POPEYE

Coach
Every club 'cheats' or would if they could, it's all about the reason for and employing people who know how to do it properly that matters. 'Cheating' to poach and 'cheating' to keep are as removed from each other as chalk and cheese . . . Coach not Poach, pay the result whatever the f**k you want

ek999

First Grade

I don't support the Broncos dickhead

gUt

Coach
It's a bit like standing on a mountain of cheese in a boat made of crackers while rats in helicopters hover like empty tins of shoe polish riding motorbikes around the inside of a donut slathered in sheep vomit.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Every club 'cheats' or would if they could, it's all about the reason for and employing people who know how to do it properly that matters. 'Cheating' to poach and 'cheating' to keep are as removed from each other as chalk and cheese . . . Coach not Poach, pay the result whatever the f**k you want

If you have a magic wand that turns stuff to sand you could cheat the cap with ease I reckon tiny.

Bulldog Force

Referee
holy f**k, how can you include players leaving as a club being active in a "transfer" window

all 3 of those players that left, we got nothing back from the club involved thus making it not a transfer but a release

Hoffman, Hannant and Barba leaving, breaking contract early, were all because Wayne Bennett didn't want them at the club, and granted them early releases, then he goes on and say that releasing players early is hurting the game.

Hypocritical IMO.

BF has a point really. Creeping is doing what he is doing within the rules, no question on that. But that was his statement it is a bit hypocritical.

I am sure though he has made this statement many times in the past. If the rules were different he wouldn't release players and there would be no issue.

But as Blaza said, then we wouldn't have Barba, Beale and co and our year would be just as screwed as last year.

ek999

First Grade
Hoffman, Hannant and Barba leaving, breaking contract early, were all because Wayne Bennett didn't want them at the club, and granted them early releases, then he goes on and say that releasing players early is hurting the game.

Hypocritical IMO.

Not really. He's a coach who is judged soley on the results he generates so he will do what he can within the rules to get his best possible squad. Just because he does it doesn't mean he likes it.

Would you really expect him to put the Broncos at a disadvantage compared to all other teams just because he doesn't like the rules?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not really. He's a coach who is judged soley on the results he generates so he will do what he can within the rules to get his best possible squad. Just because he does it doesn't mean he likes it.

Would you really expect him to put the Broncos at a disadvantage compared to all other teams just because he doesn't like the rules?
Fair point, he did it all within the rules, but I think it's a bit hypocritical is all I'm saying.

Latest posts