What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos vs West Tigers *Live Updates*

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
LOL tbh, the broncs looked good with the ball, but the tiger's defence frustrated them. I agree that there is too much pressure on locky, but that being said he did a tremendous job today as he does week in week out, deservedly the games best player. Brissy needs to rethink their no look passes straight to tigers players... i liked their game plan of getting the centres involved and working of civo's offloads (imo is the best prop atm), and they created many opportunities out of thier game plan, but they lacked the killer blow. Another point to be made is taht McGuire is a hack... drop him FFS and Brisbane will be better off, and the Broncos also are in desperate search of a decent halfback... yes McConnell is coming next year... but looking around the 16 clubs... someone like Lance Hohaia would be perfect for the Brisbane no.7, as he is someone who doesnt run the gmae (locky does that) yet given the ball he can be dynamic, attack-wise... too many times Berrigan got the ball today and failed to realised what was happening on the outside of him.

salivor

First Grade
And some people earlier this week thought moving Lockyer to halfback would be a good idea, well that was basically Lockyer at 7 today, you tell me how well he went. I'm pretty sure Perry comes back next week and then we desperately need Hunt back which probably won't be until round 24, tough times ahead.

I'd tend to agree with Ghoulies that selections didn't cause today, a couple of changes here and there could've helped but wouldn't have got us over the line. You do have to question the game plan and it has to lie somewhere between the first and second halves today (while we're understrength).

In the first half today we just lacked intensity, while we didn't have as much possession or territory we didn't do anything to try and change that, and the question just has to keep being asked why we persist with one out play coming out of our own half, we're nothing but easy prey for the opposition unless we spread it like the top teams in this comp do.

In the second we were the complete reverse, there was some creativity at times to our attack, guys like Petero and Webcke actually passed, there was second phase play and we genuinly tested the Tigers line. We went too far though, we played 40 straight minutes of catch up footy when we were in a tight contest. There was just no composure at all and we bombed at least 5 genuine chances (Thanks Hodges). Composure and finishing are vital at this time of year, instead we prefer to lose our heads.

Agent Mulder said:
lol, f**k me, The Tigers lost Hodgson and played like rubbish last w/e against Parra then they come out and beat Brisbane in Brisbane, Are the Broncos choking yet again?

our juniors were pretty impressive today saving tries and creating them Fitzy and Elford dont seem too be able too do that this year plus did anyone see ho dangerous that Collis/Lawrence duo were today and not just in attack

CrazyEel

Bench
Congrats Tigers, was a great effort with so many top liners out. Those young kids looked right at home so still plenty of tiger in the tank yet. Good luck in your remaining games.

Vicious

Bench
The Broncos miss Karmichael Hunt badly as he`s the only other playmaker who clicks with Lockyer. Leaving an in form Thaiday out of the side seems real strange to me ??? As a Wests Tigers supporter it was very pleasing to see some class youngsters get their chance and show their ability.

daslacker

Juniors
I was so proud of the Tigers today.Still think too little too late from Sheens.
But good signs for next year.

On the Broncos,their line speed was the slowest I've seen this year.Tigers
made plenty of easy metre's.

Penance

Juniors
Maybe you should bring back Ben Walker and Shane Walker. Ben Walker is one of the best goal kickers in the game, but only plays good in front of a good pack, something the broncos have.

Latest posts